Is Brandon Smith the right type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post
    Sonny-Bill and Cronk struck me as a hell of a lot more professional than blue cheese.
    No doubt about that,but playing in the Roosters system will ensure he has a similar impact on the field by the time his career is over in my opinion..

Comment

No he's not. Hope he grows up over the next 12 months.

Comment

He will come to us a boy and leave a man. If he’s good enough for Robbo you should accept that and get on!

Comment

I heard Bellamy speak of Smith during the year saying what great leadership skills he had at training and on game day. He embraces leadership. That was pretty clear in the podcast. He’s a clown but he will grow up.

Comment

I will start by acknowledging two things:
            1. I am likely swimming against the tide; and
            2. Brandon Smith is a very good footballer.
            However, his behaviour in general and particularly how he has acted in the negotiation of his new contract is a major breach of the Roosters No D&@k Head policy. This bloke could be cultural cancer.
            A developing Sam Verrills and Connor Watson would do me at hooker and invest the money in a new prop.
            Noted, but Smith is a winner and we want to win premierships.
            A new prop will happen after the great JWH retires. Haas in motion already?

Tuku Hau Tapuha and Daniel Fifita will cover SST if he leaves in 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I think you may be over-thinking this one. I'm very sure every NRL team would want the qualities that Smith brings to a team as a dummy half. It just so happens that the team that has him now also has Harry Grant who would be the no.1 hooker in the game (sorry Damien Cook).

Sam Walker & Luke Keary would be a big beneficiaries of having Brandon Smith at dummy half. Defenders would want numbers on all 3-and that creates a lot of space for others
              Exactly, he will be a magnet at dummy half and give Teddy and the halves so much room.
              This didn't happen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I think you may be over-thinking this one. I'm very sure every NRL team would want the qualities that Smith brings to a team as a dummy half. It just so happens that the team that has him now also has Harry Grant who would be the no.1 hooker in the game (sorry Damien Cook).

Sam Walker & Luke Keary would be a big beneficiaries of having Brandon Smith at dummy half. Defenders would want numbers on all 3-and that creates a lot of space for others
                That's my biggest issue with our current list of dummy halves. Not one of them offer any threat around the ruck meaning opposition markers and A defenders can get off the line early and put pressure on our first and second receivers with no risk of the dummy half carving them up through the middle. With a decent dummy half, all of a sudden Keary, Walker, Manu and co get that extra bit of time and space to create something for the outside men.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                  No doubt about that,but playing in the Roosters system will ensure he has a similar impact on the field by the time his career is over in my opinion..
                  Could be said for many who fell victim to the policy in the past and not been afforded an opportunity to become better people and players in our system.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Sonny-Bill and Cronk struck me as a hell of a lot more professional than blue cheese.
                    Yeah I probably would have too tbh. But……it’s us!!!!!
                    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

The drinking behavior is concerning to me as it took a long time for our club to get that type of culture out of our playing group after all the issues we had with Willie Mason, Todd Carney and Nate Myles.

Comment

Our last cracking hooker was Jake Friend. Remember what he was like pre-Easts?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
                          The drinking behavior is concerning to me as it took a long time for our club to get that type of culture out of our playing group after all the issues we had with Willie Mason, Todd Carney and Nate Myles.
                          victor radley got kicked off a plane for being drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

victor radley got kicked off a plane for being drunk.
                            Teddy was recently fined for being drunk the bloody squid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
                              I agree but I have just come to the conclusion that footy players love to get on the piss and they don't want to change.

Comment

The bottom line... If Trent wants the Cheese, that is good enough for me. Go easts

Comment

Working...
                                X