Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosters look likely to win race for B Smith..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lam would flourish at all the Storm

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Can we afford him for next year?
      You would think we would have to give someone to the Storm for that to happen.
      Probably why we bought Momorovski. Playing the long game!

Comment

Remember when the Roosters signed Aiden Guerra from The Storm? They just made him play reserve grade for the remainder of his contract.

Comment

I am sure they would have taken SST if he would get vaccinated, though seems he may not have.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I am sure they would have taken SST if he would get vaccinated, though seems he may not have.
            Where are you hearing about the SST vaccine thing? I've only seen it mentioned on the Chookpen.

Are we any chance of getting him for 2022? You would have to think a premiership window is opening for the Roosters (22-26ish). Exciting times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

Where are you hearing about the SST vaccine thing? I've only seen it mentioned on the Chookpen.

Are we any chance of getting him for 2022? You would have to think a premiership window is opening for the Roosters (22-26ish). Exciting times.
              I only read here too that he was supporting an anti vax freedom march on his instagram. It was reported also that the Roosters had a number of players still unvaxxed so putting 2 and 2 together. The Storm have an issue with NAS refusing to get vaccinated, so one year of SST before he went to Catalans might be a trade the Storm would be willing to take to release B Smith early.

This is an amazing signing. He is perfect for the modern game, powerful fast and a much better dummy half than he is given credit for. IMHO he was the Storms best player this year, alongside incredibly another player they let go, Nicho Hynes. With little input from either in the Prelim final, it's no surprise they got beaten.
              Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 11-29-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                He'd be a transcendent signing.
                Transcendant. Where did you pull that one from? That's definitely the word of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  I'm trying to contain my excitement.

He'd be a transcendent signing.

Very few players impact a game as much as Brandon. As far as forwards go, maybe none.

We truly are blessed to support this club.

"He'd be a transcendent signing".

He (Smith) is no Maharishi Mahesh Yogi though

Last edited by King Salvo; 11-29-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Well fellas.. the move could be on.

Furious Storm consider cutting Roosters-bound Smith immediately

Furious Melbourne powerbrokers are incensed with the conduct of Brandon Smith during contract negotiations and are considering immediately cutting the star hooker loose.

- the SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

Looks like we might be upgrading that window to sliding french doors from next year.

So who do we release to cover his costs for 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Remember when the Roosters signed Aiden Guerra from The Storm? They just made him play reserve grade for the remainder of his contract.
                        Smith doesn't seem bitter or anything (seems close to Grant). But year, almost seems like the Storm are the ones telling him 'Harry Grant is our #9 from next year... we'd love to keep you and will do everything within our power including offering you a starting back row position, but you're #14 if you wanna play rake'.

Not suggestibg bad blood (Smith seemed very grounded and supportive of guys like Grant, who he values very highly). However, clubs make such decisions and players have gotta deal with it.

I feel we'll have to have the same conversation with some of our boys. My opinion is that Smith's way better than Grant and the Drizz are idiots to release him for Grant (unless they're getting an awesome deal).

What'll be awesome is seeing mature guys like Smith and Grant compete with each other on the big stage in coming years. I feel like it could build a really healthy competitive vibe between us and the storm. Rather than some immature bullshyte where you feel sorry for guys like 'Trell being pepped up to feel like 'victims', then go break an old friend's face like an absolute d!ckhead... I feel we might simply see these guys pushing themselves to the next level as part of healthy competition (not taking it personally and going for grudge matches...etc).
                        Last edited by ism22; 11-29-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                          Well fellas.. the move could be on.

Furious Storm consider cutting Roosters-bound Smith immediately

Furious Melbourne powerbrokers are incensed with the conduct of Brandon Smith during contract negotiations and are considering immediately cutting the star hooker loose.

- the SMH
                          Very poorly done by smith, has made himself a hated man by many at the moment, Pearce kissing the knights emblem is like a 5/100 compared to this.

we are despised already, if he joins next year, I’d be happy, but the media that would go on about it weekly would be painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I only read here too that he was supporting an anti vax freedom march on his instagram. It was reported also that the Roosters had a number of players still unvaxxed so putting 2 and 2 together. The Storm have an issue with NAS refusing to get vaccinated, so one year of SST before he went to Catalans might be a trade the Storm would be willing to take to release B Smith early.

This is an amazing signing. He is perfect for the modern game, powerful fast and a much better dummy half than he is given credit for. IMHO he was the Storms best player this year, alongside incredibly another player they let go, Nicho Hynes. With little input from either in the Prelim final, it's no surprise they got beaten.
                            I think he was supporting an anti-lockdown march, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. It was reported one player from
                            our camp hadn’t had the vaccine but he was on a minimum wage contract, unless Uncle Nick really does work those TPA’s I doubt it was SST.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

"He'd be a transcendent signing".

He (Smith) is no Maharishi Mahesh Yogi though

The Maharishi never did move into a cave as he promised. I have a lot more trust in our own Guru le Robbo

Comment

Everyone forgot that Bellamy told smith that he was the future hooker after cameron smith then decided against that after 1 season grant shined for the tiger's where anyone with half a talent can stand out in a team like the tigers!!!!??????

B smith is the better hooker full stop!!!!

It's within smith's right to look elsewhere if the so called promise was broken, NO he doesn't want to be a lock an YES to a full time hooker!

Just like a good old champ Radley said NO to hooker an YES to playing lock , happy to fill in but No im a Lock, promise to play lock wasn't broken!

Would love to have smith , if any coach can turn around a player with off field issues It's trent! Smith knows what we can do that with a proven record of turning boys into men!

Comment

Working...
                                X