Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosters look likely to win race for B Smith..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dice View Post
    I am not convinced. Cheese must show genuine interest in all clubs to keep them in the race and boost his asking price. We have no clue whether his motivations are solely money, premierships, family, or becoming a genuine hooker. Although if you believe what Cheese says then the latter is the sole motivation.

On that last point, we didn't pursuit Reed Mahoney who is a genuine hooker, so I have more doubts that Cheese would want to join us to share the hooker/lock roles. But perhaps Robbo believes Cheese can be coached into becoming a genuine hooker.

He got asked in the interview “ do you know what club yet? “ he answered “ yep I’ve made my mind “ then a couple of moments later mentions he still needs to speak with the storm. Lol
    Last edited by ChookMaster; 11-28-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
      B smith has just done a poddy with YTKR.. have a close listen to what he’s saying about our club and meetings with him so far.. Very good listen. The way he speaks about our club and our jersey makes me wonder. Have a listen lads

https://youtu.be/SCW6JkY608Q
      What time is the talk about the Roosters?

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

What time is the talk about the Roosters?
        Not long in. Have a listen it’s very good and convincing for us. The way he speaks about our club and Robbo makes me feel proud.

Comment

We have a feud with Melbourne? Who knew!

Comment

Gotta say I'm a bit lukewarm about signing Brandon Smith, i just don't see him as an ideal hooker in today's touch football like game. I've always preferred hookers with electric speed like Apasia Korasau or even Damien Cook. Still he is very dangerous close to the line however he does risk his body alot.

At least he should be better than the last hooker we got from Melbourne, James Aubusson...anyone remember him?
            Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
              B smith has just done a poddy with YTKR.. have a close listen to what he’s saying about our club and meetings with him so far.. Very good listen. The way he speaks about our club and our jersey makes me wonder. Have a listen lads

https://youtu.be/SCW6JkY608Q
              I must say it sounded very promising when he talked about almost crying when Aubo talked about what the Roosters mean to him and then said "I looked at the Roosters jersey and thought 'I want to win a comp in that jersey'".

Comment

with what he said about our club our coaches our board and our Jersey unless Bellyache can persuade him to stay then i think we may get our man

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

I must say it sounded very promising when he talked about almost crying when Aubo talked about what the Roosters mean to him and then said "I looked at the Roosters jersey and thought 'I want to win a comp in that jersey'".
                  Sounded very positive from our point of view and spoke glowingly in terms of the club from the board, players both current and former and the coup de grace in Robbo. I think we got our man by the sound of that clip.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                    Gotta say I'm a bit lukewarm about signing Brandon Smith, i just don't see him as an ideal hooker in today's touch football like game. I've always preferred hookers with electric speed like Apasia Korasau or even Damien Cook. Still he is very dangerous close to the line however he does risk his body alot.

At least he should be better than the last hooker we got from Melbourne, James Aubusson...anyone remember him?
                    Some people are hard to please I guess.
                    Our dummy half play this year was pretty average. No attack from there lets the opposition just worry about the halves and Teddy.
                    Smith is a winner and we will be better off with him in our jersey.

Comment

Geez he doesn’t hold his cards close to his chest does he? Unless Bellamy can convince him to stay, we are as certain as death, taxes and nurses.

How proud does it make you feel to support this great club after hearing interviews like that hey fellas?
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                        Geez he doesn’t hold his cards close to his chest does he? Unless Bellamy can convince him to stay, we are as certain as death, taxes and nurses.

How proud does it make you feel to support this great club after hearing interviews like that hey fellas?
                        Two excellent interviews I listened to today courtesy of Davo (the Va'a boys) and from ChookMaster (Brandon Smith) for posting- thank you!

Yes Rastaman it does make me proud. Totally different characters the Va'a boys as opposed to Brandon Smith (chalk and cheese - pun definitely intended). Regardless, they couldn't have spoken any more highly about the Roosters, Trent Robinson and his family and several Roosters players particularly Aubo.

To quote Smith "a little nervous about his next meeting with Bellamy". I think Smith has made his mind up.

"Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

There are many players who wouldn't be able to talk about their own clubs with the passion and belief that Smith talks about the Roosters and our people. If you were Bellamy and the Storm, what would you think hearing one of your players talk publicly about the opposition in such a way? Is 2022 a possibility? I hope so.

Comment

Brandon Smith talking about when Aubbo was talking at the presentation about the Roosters.
                            'I was just looking up at the Roosters jersey as he was saying it & I had like goose bumps I was looking at it going I want to win a Premiership in that jersey"

I think the Chooks know & I think Smith knows where he will be playing in 2023, I believe he was given a very nice gift for attending the meeting.

Comment

At 19.15 in the interview Smith says "he pretty much convinced me"
                              He is talking about dinner at Trents.

Im tellin ya's the Roosters have got him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                At 19.15 in the interview Smith says "he pretty much convinced me"
                                He is talking about dinner at Trents.

Im tellin ya's the Roosters have got him.
                                He also said he has made up his mind - and then remembers he still has to meet Storm. It’s game over. He’s a rooster - and he’s an amazing pick up.

Comment

Working...
                                X