Positions next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
    Keary and Walker will develop into the most potent 7 and 6 combo in the competition as long as our pack can get back to there dominant ways.

Well said. The engine room needs some oiling and a little work on me thinks, we have some awesome junior forwards coming through but as it stands right now we’re probably down the pecking order a little bit in terms of our pack.

Losing our skipper in Cords is a big gap left to be filled yet. Still not sold on Sitili being a 80 min player either.. IMO he’s best used coming off the bench in bursts, Sims if we were able to sign would perhaps free this up? Only question is I think Robbo is happy keeping Sitili as a 80 min player.

I remember in 2019 the few games sitili played off the bench, he turned around a few for us. The Melbourne thriller @ AAMI off the kick return.. for example.

Then we are still hearing talk about SST leaving early which to me has to be nonsense, unless we are looking for a player swap with the Catalans or looking at a forward from a NRL club who wants to break early I just can’t see it happening. SST was also in a moonboot recently ( as recent as last week) so I would like to see him recover and have another crack injury free. Heaps of our boys played busted last season so this off season should work wonders hopefully. JWH is another.

Comment

Fun little fact, unsure if I’ve missed this on the forum before but Manu received more dally m points than the recipients of dally m centres of the year award. But got most of those points in fullback and halves so didn’t count towards centre.

if he plays a centre that is allowed to rove like tommy T in origin then I’ll be extremely happy. Walker was one of the best halves in the comp last year in his first year. With keary coming in and taking the reins and allowing Sammy to do what he does best, there’s no telling what kind of magic he can whip up.

next year is a year to look forward to, injuries permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
        I was just thinking about our recent signings and the resigning of manu. Walker going into next year may still not be big enough to assume an 80 minute role, and we’ve promised manu a bigger role. Do any of u think it’s possible that at least for the first few rounds manu will be the 5/8, Watson at centre and walker off the bench for more a 40/50 minute game. Feel free to destroy me if u feel I’m talking out of my ass
        Manu hasn't signed anything yet....

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
          I think Hutchison will start the year at 5/8th. Keary might not even be ready for round one, wait and see how the rehab/preseason goes.
          If Keary and Walker are fit, I think Hutchison will be a back up second rower he has the size tackles well and also has a kicking game .

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Benko View Post

If Keary and Walker are fit, I think Hutchison will be a back up second rower he has the size tackles well and also has a kicking game .
            I can see Hutch killing it at 2nd row and potentially starting very similar build to Wade Graham, Josh Schuster and Ryan Matterson.

It would also free up Sitilli to start from the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
              I have big concerns about the sizes of Keary and Walker. They are the Timothy Chamolets of the NRL.
              I guess Thurston, Bowen, Preston Campbell, Alfie, wouldn't have gotten a start in your team. If you are good enough you are big enough. I would take Walker and Keary over any other halves combination in the league. We have plenty of big bodies, but these guys offer skill, speed, passing, kicking and creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

I guess Thurston, Bowen, Preston Campbell, Alfie, wouldn't have gotten a start in your team. If you are good enough you are big enough. I would take Walker and Keary over any other halves combination in the league. We have plenty of big bodies, but these guys offer skill, speed, passing, kicking and creativity.
                Yep. IMO halves are the only players in a team who get selected purely on their skills/organisation.

Dunno if it's the shorter leavers or whatever but smaller guys tend to make better halves. Can't think of many larger top-tier halves out there who have size. Pearce is a bigger half...

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Well said. The engine room needs some oiling and a little work on me thinks, we have some awesome junior forwards coming through but as it stands right now we’re probably down the pecking order a little bit in terms of our pack.

Losing our skipper in Cords is a big gap left to be filled yet. Still not sold on Sitili being a 80 min player either.. IMO he’s best used coming off the bench in bursts, Sims if we were able to sign would perhaps free this up? Only question is I think Robbo is happy keeping Sitili as a 80 min player.

I remember in 2019 the few games sitili played off the bench, he turned around a few for us. The Melbourne thriller @ AAMI off the kick return.. for example.

Then we are still hearing talk about SST leaving early which to me has to be nonsense, unless we are looking for a player swap with the Catalans or looking at a forward from a NRL club who wants to break early I just can’t see it happening. SST was also in a moonboot recently ( as recent as last week) so I would like to see him recover and have another crack injury free. Heaps of our boys played busted last season so this off season should work wonders hopefully. JWH is another.
                  I hope Collins' return adds some potency to our pack. He's a QLD rep front rower and was in excellent form before the injury.

Looks like we'll have:
                  8. Collins
                  9. Verrills
                  10. JWH
                  11. Crichton
                  12. Nat B
                  13. Radley

14. Watson
                  15. SST
                  16. Sitili
                  17. Egan B / Baker / Whyte

IMO 2021's given us some decent depth there as we've got a lot of options for #17 (and they'll be fighting it out). It's subtle, but having Collins back + adding Watson means that we're not gonna be using upcoming/depth players as our starters. It'll make a big difference I reckon!

Comment

will sst be playing , dont forget all this anti vax stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                      I was just thinking about our recent signings and the resigning of manu. Walker going into next year may still not be big enough to assume an 80 minute role, and we’ve promised manu a bigger role. Do any of u think it’s possible that at least for the first few rounds manu will be the 5/8, Watson at centre and walker off the bench for more a 40/50 minute game. Feel free to destroy me if u feel I’m talking out of my ass
                      I think it is more likely Manu has resigned to be a centre and back up F/E or FB and in two years he will see what Teddy and Keary are going to do before recommitting to play on at Easts.

Comment

Working...
                      X