• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

The game is touch footy now.

Smith = 180cm and 95kg
    Watson = 177cm and 90kg
    Verrills = 183cm and 86kg

Not small to me. Maybe Robbo thinks having smith in the team with watson and verrills is a good idea hence chasing the cheese?
    No it is not. To be able to play expansive footy you need to be able to beat the other team in the middle, beating them in the post contact, being able to bend the line constantly or at least make solid ground and not being crept on your 20 kicking it out to the FB on the full for it to be a full set on the halfway line.

We tried to play that aggressive ad lid, shift the ball early game plan numerous times and in those games we were beaten to the punch well. One game stands out from memory very well was Souths round 3, we kept shifting it early block play after block play inside our own half and we all know how that night played out.

So, in saying that this is why I believe we need some size to our pack. We should watch the development of a few of our boys in Atoni, Tuku ( in particular ) and the va’a boys.. if anything this should show thats what we are lacking - a depth forward for 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Is Brandon up there with Cronk, Tedesco and SBW though? Like the Storm are very successful but I dunno if he's THAT sorta calibre.

Don't want a dude who sniffs cracks anyway.
      He is not that calibre yet but he is definetly one of the big fish in the current market and would be a huge signing..

I can’t disagree with you regarding the snorting of crack but will be interesting to see how it pans out..

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I don't think we will lose Sam.

We will need him with the cheese.

Rads = SOO / suspensions / injuries
        Cheese = suspensions / injuries

I can see the cheese at 9, rads at 13 and Sam / Watson at 14 and 15
        No way would you see Watson and Sam V on the bench together. Not a chance.

Comment

Those who supposedly don’t want Smith are just trying not to get their hopes up. There is no genuine fan in the league who would not want Smith at their club. And don’t give me that “he’s a coke man” BS. You would all love to see him in our colours.

Comment

For a million a season (or there about) you would want a Cam Smith quality hooker. Is he of that calibre? Potentially...but the jury is still out.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
              For a million a season (or there about) you would want a Cam Smith quality hooker. Is he of that calibre? Potentially...but the jury is still out.
              He's only a million dollar player in a rubbish team he just has to decide if more premierships or not. Plus he's a not an 80 minute player like Cam was but they are completely different players but both are winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                Those who supposedly don’t want Smith are just trying not to get their hopes up. There is no genuine fan in the league who would not want Smith at their club. And don’t give me that “he’s a coke man” BS. You would all love to see him in our colours.
                It's been a while since Nick made a big name signing. We are due.
                We need another point of attack and Smith won't cost us a mill.

Comment

People said the Storm missed Cameron Smith in the Prelim, but that's wholly inaccurate. They missed Brandon Smith, who went off after 20 odd minutes and didn't return. If he doesn't go off they win that game.

The Cheese is arguably the most influential forward in the game; partly because his style is tailor made to the fast ruck speeds of the 6 again era.

A man can dream but a core of Teddy, Keary, Walker, Rads and Brandon Smith is enough to make any Roosters fan excited.

Comment

Smith is an 80 minute player. Melbourne have had the luxury of not having to use him for 80 minutes.

Comment

I guess if we don't secure Manu, then the proposed money that the Roosters offered him could be utilised to make a play for Smith.

Makes sense unless there is another player on the Chooks' radar (not much going around at the moment) and the introduction of The Dolphins just made the market much more interesting in a complicated way.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

We've already got a B Smith.
                        B1 and B2

Comment

100% correct.

Comment

100%
                            Plus every single team in the NRL is flooded with players who love the nose beers, if you dont think so you are in denial

Comment

Verrills is signed until the end of 2024.

Watson is now part of the squad as well.

I just can't see it happening.

Despite the 'touch footy' nature of the game these days, I still doubt you'd see a bench that doesnt feature 3 bigger men.

This is emphasised even more at the Chooks, where you've also got Radley as a potential ballplayer.

Unfortunate timing, as I like Smith a lot as a player and he'll only get better if he can keep on the straight and narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                                He’s their best player. They would be crazy to let him go.
                                Indeed.
                                Doesn't he get concussed a lot these days?
                                Thought Storm were going to play him lock.

Comment

Working...
                                X