No announcement yet.

Brandon Smith to the Roosters - Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon Smith doesn't really seem like Roosters material imo.

Comment

I hope we stick with Verrills. Still young and will improve. Looked a rep player of the future before he got injured.

I wonder if they are considering a player swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
        Brandon Smith doesn't really seem like Roosters material imo.
        Don't let his nickname fool you

Comment

wests are the ones paying overs. nah from me on this guy
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

We are offering something better than Money.
            nosebeers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

Me neither. Way overpriced and the cheese bullshit is getting more boring by the day. Not even close to their best player as someone else suggested. Doesn't hold a candle to Radley.
              Agreed. No idea what the 'cheese' is anyway. IMO his real name is:
              - Wombat (coz he looks like one); or
              - Crack Sniffer (coz he likes to sniff things).

To me the price and wait for him to be available made it undesirable early on. Now that we know more about his character, I think Connor Watson is the better signing.

Drizz can keep their golden boy Harry Grant... who went missing (costing them a place in the GF) when Brandon got injured. Still have NFI what people see in him. Literally anybody could enter the field after 65 minutes when the Drizz is up by 50+ (plus their opposition's completely buggered from a lopsided 6-again count) and do a heap of cheeky runs down the middle. He's yet to put together an 80 minute performance (let alone a 65 minute performance) in an important game. Such a random, pre-determined 'golden boy'... nup... Sam Verrills and Connor Watson for me thanks!
              Last edited by ism22; 10-27-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Don't let his nickname fool you
                We've already got a B Smith.

Comment

You don’t win comps without superstars. Brandon Smith is an out and out winner. I’d move heaven and earth to get him.

I’m sure our players can teach him how to have his coke sessions without cameras nearby.

It’s a massive yes from me.

Comment

Nick Politis has proven countless times if you want to win comps you need the big finish, like when he signed Cooper Cronk and Teddy in 2018;, SBW in 2013 , also he nearly nabbed Bennett when no one expected it as he was entrenched at the Broncos at the time!

I’m not surprised at all we are chasing Brandon Smith and I hope we can get him to the Club,it would be massive!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Agreed. No idea what the 'cheese' is anyway. IMO his real name is:
                      - Wombat (coz he looks like one); or
                      - Crack Sniffer (coz he likes to sniff things).

To me the price and wait for him to be available made it undesirable early on. Now that we know more about his character, I think Connor Watson is the better signing.

Drizz can keep their golden boy Harry Grant... who went missing (costing them a place in the GF) when Brandon got injured. Still have NFI what people see in him. Literally anybody could enter the field after 65 minutes when the Drizz is up by 50+ (plus their opposition's completely buggered from a lopsided 6-again count) and do a heap of cheeky runs down the middle. He's yet to put together an 80 minute performance (let alone a 65 minute performance) in an important game. Such a random, pre-determined 'golden boy'... nup... Sam Verrills and Connor Watson for me thanks!
                      The only thing that will stop Grant from being the premier 9 in our game is his body. That “ Golden boy “ did more in his first rookie season at the tigers then most seasoned hookers do. 23 years of age, plenty of development in both character and skill for him under Bellyache the chances are pretty good.

Comment

It would be a shame to lose Sam though, I wonder how he is taking all of the talk & gossip? He is a good bloke and fits in really well with our group, he is very close with teddy and rads to name a few in fact I think he was/still might be roomies with rads. Do we really need B smith? I would rather us focus on keeping Joey, retaining a few and keeping the litter for 2023-2024 when the list of players off is far more substantial and attractive than right now.

Haas is one i would cream myself over if we could sign, he would be the only player I would literally move “heaven and earth “for.. a supremely talented, driven young lad who has the motor and grit to match it with anyone. A player I would love to see take over JWH and assume the mantle of our enforcer..
                        Last edited by ChookMaster; 10-27-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                          Nick Politis has proven countless times if you want to win comps you need the big finish, like when he signed Cooper Cronk and Teddy in 2018;, SBW in 2013 , also he nearly nabbed Bennett when no one expected it as he was entrenched at the Broncos at the time!

I’m not surprised at all we are chasing Brandon Smith and I hope we can get him to the Club,it would be massive!
                          Is Brandon up there with Cronk, Tedesco and SBW though? Like the Storm are very successful but I dunno if he's THAT sorta calibre.

Don't want a dude who sniffs cracks anyway.
                          Last edited by ism22; 10-27-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                            It would be a shame to lose Sam though, I wonder how he is taking all of the talk & gossip? He is a good bloke and fits in really well with our group, he is very close with teddy and rads to name a few in fact I think he was/still might be roomies with rads. Do we really need B smith? I would rather us focus on keeping Joey, retaining a few and keeping the litter for 2023-2024 when the list of players off is far more substantial and attractive then right now.

Haas is one i would cream myself over if we could sign, he would be the only player I would literally move “heaven and earth “for.. a supremely talented, driven young lad who has the motor and grit to match it with anyone. A player I would love to see take over JWH and assume the mantle of our enforcer..

I don't think we will lose Sam.

We will need him with the cheese.

Rads = SOO / suspensions / injuries
                            Cheese = suspensions / injuries

I can see the cheese at 9, rads at 13 and Sam / Watson at 14 and 15

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I don't think we will lose Sam.

We will need him with the cheese.

Rads = SOO / suspensions / injuries
                              Cheese = suspensions / injuries

I can see the cheese at 9, rads at 13 and Sam / Watson at 14 and 15
                              If we play Sam at 14 we lose him 100%. The clubs that missed out on smith will just say hmm no worries we will just load up on a much smaller contract for a player who could be anything at this stage. Don’t get me started on that bench either… Sam at 14 and Watson at 15 leaving us with 1 solid prop and one of either Egan or Nat… cmon Kelby you are a smart guy you know yourself it wouldn’t work out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

If we play Sam at 14 we lose him 100%. The clubs that missed out on smith will just say hmm no worries we will just load up on a much smaller contract for a player who could be anything at this stage. Don’t get me started on that bench either… Sam at 14 and Watson at 15 leaving us with 1 solid prop and one of either Egan or Nat… cmon Kelby you are a smart guy you know yourself it wouldn’t work out.
                                The game is touch footy now.

Smith = 180cm and 95kg
                                Watson = 177cm and 90kg
                                Verrills = 183cm and 86kg

Not small to me. Maybe Robbo thinks having smith in the team with watson and verrills is a good idea hence chasing the cheese?

Comment

Working...
                                X