NRL transfer market: Angus Crichton re-signs with Roosters,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah isn't it sorta assumed knowledge that we don't wanna pay more than somebody's market value? Can't say I'm partial to us paying overs per se.

That said, Crichton's in greeeeat form and I hope we're paying him an amount that he's comfortable with. Presumably we've used a bit of Cords' money to give him an extension (a year early - he extended to the end of 2022 in April) and a bit of an upgrade as he's now our #1 back rower.
    Would be an amount he was comfortable with because he is staying. But he could no doubt earn a lot more elsewhere.

The key to our cap and ongoing success is that we pay unders for most of our players.

I believe Manu has been offered a three or four hundred thousand more per season than we are willing to pay to go. We have to stick to our guns and not got into a bidding contest. If he goes he goes. We can’t keep everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Would be an amount he was comfortable with because he is staying. But he could no doubt earn a lot more elsewhere.

The key to our cap and ongoing success is that we pay under's for most of our players.

I believe Manu has been offered a three or four hundred thousand more per season than we are willing to pay to go. We have to stick to our guns and not got into a bidding contest. If he goes he goes. We can’t keep everyone.
      Warriors and Bronco's are 2 in the mix - not sure about Dolphins as you would need to know what others players they are signing before considering signing with them - Vermin told Bennett he can't sign any Vermin players for 6 months from the end of his Vermin Contract 30/10/2021 - players could sign after this though - June 2022

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

I wouldn’t begrudge Manu if he leaves for a huge contract , and I wouldn’t expect the club to throw our cap into disarray for the sake of one player. If I were Manu’s dad I would advise him not to go just for money and to look into the most benefit he could gain over the next 10 years, because money comes and goes however legacies last forever.

Comment

I like Gus so Im glad he has resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
              I wouldn’t begrudge Manu if he leaves for a huge contract , and I wouldn’t expect the club to throw our cap into disarray for the sake of one player. If I were Manu’s dad I would advise him not to go just for money and to look into the most benefit he could gain over the next 10 years, because money comes and goes however legacies last forever.
              If Manu go's maybe the Chooks could get Latrell back?

Comment

Best news I've read all week.
                Fingers crossed we keep Joey Manu as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

If Manu go's maybe the Chooks could get Latrell back?
                  Keep smoking whatever it is you’re smoking, it’s working.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

Keep smoking whatever it is you’re smoking, it’s working.
                    I posted when Latrell left the Roosters that the Roosters wouldn't win another comp whilst he plays in the NRL for another club & that he wouldnt win another comp at any other club & I still believe that. See how things pan out over the next 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I posted when Latrell left the Roosters that the Roosters wouldn't win another comp whilst he plays in the NRL for another club & that he wouldnt win another comp at any other club & I still believe that. See how things pan out over the next 7 years.
                      The only reason your multi is still alive is because he got suspended

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

The key to our cap and ongoing success is that we pay unders for most of our players.

Maybe why the Chooks maybe interested in Momirovski who is also a right centre - I think if Manu doesn't re-sign before November 1 the chances of him re-signing significantly diminish - if he does sign elsewhere they may even release him from the last year of his contract (2022) possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Maybe why the Chooks maybe interested in Momirovski who is also a right centre - I think if Manu doesn't re-sign before November 1 the chances of him re-signing significantly diminish - if he does sign elsewhere they may even release him from the last year of his contract (2022) possibly?
                          Losing Manu and replacing him with momo is a drastic loss

Comment

Working...
                          X