NRL transfer market: Angus Crichton re-signs with Roosters,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRL transfer market: Angus Crichton re-signs with Roosters,

The Roosters’ mission to remain a premiership-contender remains on track with NSW Origin star Angus Crichton re-signing with the club.

Rejecting overtures to break ranks and switch to rugby union, Crichton has agreed to terms on a new two-year deal that will keep him at the NRL heavyweights until the end of 2024.

The contract extension is a two-pronged victory for the tricolours, who have warded off potential suitors preparing to make a play for Crichton from November 1.

Crichton’s commitment to remain in the NRL with the Roosters is a major win for the code while his contract extension is pivotal for the club’s security in the back row following the retirement of captain Boyd Cordner.

There had been speculation in August that the Roosters were in danger of losing Crichton to Rugby Australia ahead of the 2023 Rugby World Cup in France.

Crichton played the 15-a-side format throughout his junior years, representing the Australian Schoolboys rugby union team before signing for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2016.

However, with his contract due to expire at the end of 2022, the 116-gamer has alleviated any uncertainty by locking in his future with the Chooks.

I hope we aren’t paying overs for him.

Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

We don’t pay overs for anyone.

Comment

Extremely good news.

Comment

Shot Angus. loyalty is what its about.
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Consistency and leadership. Two areas we really need him to grow in next year.

Will be a very different looking forward pack in 2yrs from now and I feel like Collins, Crichton and Radley are going to be the keys as they will be the new senior forwards of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
              I hope we aren’t paying overs for him.
              In Trent and Uncle Nick we trust.
              ITAUNWT

Comment

I liked Gus at left centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  We don’t pay overs for anyone.
                  Yeah isn't it sorta assumed knowledge that we don't wanna pay more than somebody's market value? Can't say I'm partial to us paying overs per se.

That said, Crichton's in greeeeat form and I hope we're paying him an amount that he's comfortable with. Presumably we've used a bit of Cords' money to give him an extension (a year early - he extended to the end of 2022 in April) and a bit of an upgrade as he's now our #1 back rower.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                    I liked Gus at left centre.
                    Very good sense of humor you have there bondeee

Comment

Lord Angus the Critchton lesssss goooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Very good sense of humor you have there bondeee
                        Yes....a very funny thing to say

Comment

Great news … now for Manu!

Comment

That's great news.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post
                              Great news … now for Manu!
                              I hope he is signed up but think he might be headed to the Dolphins.
                              Nick might have to play a few rounds of golf with him, a few $20,000 bets on putts should see him stay

Comment

Working...
                              X