The Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post
    Not sure what isaako situation is, but I’d take a chance on him.
    He would flourish at the Roosters.
    Do we have scouts out and about checking all these things?
    Last edited by bondi.boy; 09-23-2021, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Agree we did chase him a couple of years ago. Robbo went to Brisbane & had a meeting with him. I think we are a chance here as he is not getting a run in Brisbane. He would be perfect at the roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharks View Post
        Robbo confirmed Atoni in one of his pressers.
        So basically...
        - Atoni
        - Watson
        - (Maybe) Sims

I don't think we'll have space for any marquee signings. However, we've been without them for so long that it'll feel like we've just signed:
        - Keary
        - Collins
        - Smith (who re-signed maybe a week before his injury)
        - Suaalii
        - (Butcher - has been away for a while)

Just my opinion but I don't think we'll get anything for losing B-Moz and Friend. Maybe we'll get a fee dollars for Cords as he had time left on his contract. I'd say most of it will go towards retaining Manu, SST and Crichton though.

Possible team, with the good news being that we don't have to sign anybody else to be good...
        1. Teddy
        2. Toops
        3. Smith
        4. Manu
        5. Suaalii
        6. Walker
        7. Keary
        8. JWH
        9. Verrills
        10. Collins
        11. Crichton
        12. Sims
        13. Radley

14. Watson
        15. SST
        16. Butcher
        17. Sitili

IMO once you start adding (Sims), Collins, Keary, Suaalii and smith back into the squad, we get our depth back. I'm happy we're not having to rely on signings in order to be a decent team as we've got pretty powerful roster.

I suspect we'll benefit from things going back to normal too. We've had 2 heavily disrupted seasons since our last premiership, where teachers' pets have been gifted favourable penalty counts...etc.
        - Manly will need more than Trbo to beat us
        - Souffs are losing Reynolds + Wayne so will be a rabble
        - Pemriff are on the wane... we're better than them
        - Drizz... we'll be able to compete with them once we have our squad back

Comment

The little lady who sits in the recliner advises me that Crichton was injured leading up to his suspension and could've been playing injured ever since.

Comment

Some of our players could have their contracts torn up if they're not vaccinated?
            There's a push to make it mandatory for all players to be vaccinated.

Unvaccinated players won't be able to fly.
            How would players get to interstate games?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

So basically...
              - Atoni
              - Watson
              - (Maybe) Sims

I don't think we'll have space for any marquee signings. However, we've been without them for so long that it'll feel like we've just signed:
              - Keary
              - Collins
              - Suaalii

Just my opinion but I don't think we'll get anything for losing B-Moz and Friend. Maybe we'll get a fee dollars for Cords as he had time left on his contract. I'd say most of it will go towards retaining Manu, SST and Crichton though.

Possible team, with the good news being that we don't have to sign anybody else to be good...
              1. Teddy
              2. Toops
              3. Smith
              4. Manu
              5. Suaalii
              6. Walker
              7. Keary
              8. JWH
              9. Verrills
              10. Collins
              11. Crichton
              12. Sims
              13. Radley

14. Watson
              15. SST
              16. Butcher
              17. Sitili

IMO once you start adding (Sims), Collins, Keary, Suaalii and smith back into the squad, we get our depth back. I'm happy we're not having to rely on signings in order to be a decent team as we've got pretty powerful roster.

I suspect we'll benefit from things going back to normal too. We've had 2 heavily disrupted seasons since our last premiership, where teachers' pets have been gifted favourable penalty counts...etc.
              Great post ISM22 and 100% agree ...

Comment

I wonder when nick will sit down and strike a new deal with robbo.. his current deal expires at the end of 2022

Comment

Kind of surprised about the backlash towards Angus.
                  Has played well in all of his Origin games, and was absolutely one of our best throughout the vast majority of the season. He was only somewhat poor after coming back from suspension, (and it's not like he was our worst player even then), but he was completely on fire prior to that. Really surprised to see so many posters ripping into him.

I think Isaako wouldn't be too bad an option. He has never recovered from his second-year syndrome, but for the right price he could be a good option if Robinson reckons he can get him back to his best. He certainly has talent.

Comment

Angus is a stud. I don't understand the negativity towards him.

Comment

Atoni and Whyte have just been added to the NRL squad BTW (confirmed via Roosters e-mail). Whyte was a guy that nick mentioned as being particularly exciting... I suspect we'll hear that name a lot more over the next few years as he moves into the regular squad more permanently.

---

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that up-and-coming forward Naufahu Whyte has penned a two-year extension with the Club, while barnstorming middle Renouf Atoni will be joining the Roosters on a two-year arrangement from 2022.

Player number 1205, Naufahu Whyte, who made his NRL debut with the Club in Round 22 of the 2021 season, has extended with the Roosters until the end of 2024.

The 19-year-old was completed the 2021 season with three NRL appearances, and has impressed with his application to training and preparation away from the field throughout the year.

“It’s been exciting to watch the younger players in our squad come through, and Fahu is a hard worker who has bought into what it means to be a Rooster. I’m looking forward to watching him continue to grow as a player and a person in the seasons ahead,” said Sydney Roosters head coach Trent Robinson.

Speaking of his extension, Whyte said: “I’m so proud to be a Rooster and grateful for every opportunity that the Club has given me. It’s a blessing to be learning from Robbo and the senior players we have here like Jared and Siua, and I’m really happy that this is where I’ll continue to make my home and work on my game.”

The Roosters have also confirmed the signing of hard-running, ball-playing forward Renouf Atoni for seasons 2022-2024.

26-year-old Atoni joins the Roosters from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs where he played 43 NRL games since making his debut in 2018, 14 of those in 2021z

“Renouf is a powerful ball-runner with great skills and we’re looking forward to welcoming him to the Roosters when our pre-season gets underway in a few months,” said Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                        Angus is a stud. I don't understand the negativity towards him.
                        Yeah I think he's played with strength and passion. Haven't seen any of this supposed form slump. If anything he went to the next level with Cords out.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

names ?
                          Tariq Sims haggling for more money. See what happens.
                          Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

How's the mood in Sharktown for next year mate?

You got a handy team plus a good lad driving the bus.
                            Pretty good.

Wasn't great not making the finals but let's be honest would have been out straight sets, still nice to make it but the new coach and decent signings took the sting out of it so feeling pretty positive. With Finucane, McInnes and Fitz you have to assume our defence will greatly improve so think we should be back in the top 8 next year. Kennedy will only get better and Hynes is a nice addition.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

So basically...
                              - Atoni
                              - Watson
                              - (Maybe) Sims

- Keary
                              - Collins
                              - Suaalii

1. Teddy
                              2. Toops
                              3. Smith
                              4. Manu
                              5. Suaalii
                              6. Walker
                              7. Keary
                              8. JWH
                              9. Verrills
                              10. Collins
                              11. Crichton
                              12. Sims
                              13. Radley

14. Watson
                              15. SST
                              16. Butcher
                              17. Sitili

I think you guys will take Souths spot in the top 4 if you're healthy. Storm will always be there. Penrith whilst losing a few players will still be there. Then yourselves.

I think Souths are in for a shock next year - maybe still top 8 but losing Reynolds, Gagai, Sua and Bennett is going to hurt them - which is great.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                                Kind of surprised about the backlash towards Angus.
                                Has played well in all of his Origin games, and was absolutely one of our best throughout the vast majority of the season. He was only somewhat poor after coming back from suspension, (and it's not like he was our worst player even then), but he was completely on fire prior to that. Really surprised to see so many posters ripping into him.

I think Isaako wouldn't be too bad an option. He has never recovered from his second-year syndrome, but for the right price he could be a good option if Robinson reckons he can get him back to his best. He certainly has talent.
                                Not to mention that he's a solid goal kicker.

If Walker doesn't start next year, and he might not, its another hole that has to be filled.

Isaako nearly joined the Roosters a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X