Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Off Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    They are looking at two to join sign up next year...a bit of cap sorting out first .Stay Tuned
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by The Brain View Post
      They are looking at two to join sign up next year...a bit of cap sorting out first .Stay Tuned
      names ?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
        ROOSTERS 2022 Team

        1.Tedesco (c)
        2.Toops
        3.Suaali
        4.Manu
        5.Smith

        6.Keary (c)
        7.Walker (GK)

        8.JWH
        9.Verrels
        10.Collins

        11.Crighton
        12.N.Butcher
        13.Radley

        Interchanges:
        14.Watson
        15.Taka
        16.Sitili
        17.E.Butcher


        Reserves:
        18.Keighran
        19.Baker
        20.Tuphua
        21.Whyte
        22.Merscke
        23.Atoni
        Don’t forget Hutcho. He’ll be in the squad and get a bit of game.

        Comment


        • #34
          They may sign Copley on a cheapy contract for depth? - Fergo is without a club a cheapy signing as well as apparently he hasn't received an offer and is looking at rugby overseas? - neither would be the worst of signings

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

            names ?
            Sims would be one you would think. Fergo would be a nice story line if he didn't want too much

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

              Sims would be one you would think. Fergo would be a nice story line if he didn't want too much
              I think Fergo will sign will Japanese Rugby side NEC by the sounds of it- The money on offer will be too good to refuse
              Last edited by King Salvo; 09-22-2021, 03:09 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

                names ?
                I'd be more than happy if the Chooks could get their hands on that Pommie Luke Thompson & Justin Olam. I reckon the Roosters could get Thompson to take over as cheif grub when JWH retires.
                I LOVE the way JWH plays & dont kid yourselves you need a rough, tough grubby big forward & the hardest player in the game in the centres if you want to win comps.
                Originally posted by OMR;n823956
                You guys will soon be shot down by mickie lane for saying negative stuff about his much admired bunnies. So be gentle with your hatred for souffs as you might hurt his feelings too

                Originally posted by The Sack;n823995

                Watch out, you will get bombarded with gay and animal porn now. One sick individual.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I am sure Matt Ikuvalu was signed to 2022 after extending for 2 years at the end of 2020 but the article says off contract? - 38 games and 25 tries so far that Cyril said maybe interested in being his number 1 fan

                  https://www.zerotackle.com/roosters-...alance-110186/
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 09-22-2021, 05:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

                    He’s played like 5 games in 3 seasons though is the point. I have no issue with his talent or potential but when people talk about our 2022 outside backs I’m subconsciously not even thinking about him and for my mind we’ve essentially got Tupou and Manu that are starting first grade calibre: keighran and ikuvalu aren’t it, Smith is perennially injured and Suaali for all the talent he has is still barely older than 18 and we’ve seen it with Latrell and Manu that it’s tough at this age and he’s going to go through the ups and downs.

                    Going in to next season our backline is in trouble unless we can make a key signing which looks unlikely and the forward pack is lacking a bit too with high profile losses that haven’t/can’t be replaced.
                    Yep exactly what I was meaning.If he plays great & not doubting his talent at all. It’s just I don’t think you factor him in as being in the team,it’s a bonus if he does actually get on the park,it’s not a given.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                      They may sign Copley on a cheapy contract for depth? - Fergo is without a club a cheapy signing as well as apparently he hasn't received an offer and is looking at rugby overseas? - neither would be the worst of signings
                      Robbo was hinting at the Jack Gibson medal that Copley might be considering retirement regardless he isn't going to be a Rooster next season.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        With the departures of Jake,Boyd,the Morris Bros and Ice,,Easts have lost over a thousand games of NRL experience

                        For Easts to progress in 2022 a few things need to happen
                        1.Dump Fumbles...the bloke is too error prone to be a reliable first grade winger
                        2.Sign a good centre...say Dylan Walker ,who schooled us last Fri
                        3,Promote an 80% goal kicking winger...VK?
                        4,Sign a hard head second rower...Mr Sims?
                        5.Sign one of Melbourne's best....Mr B Smith?
                        6 change tactics....say a short kick off?...even after being flogged by opposition team who is scoring at will

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Get rid of Crichton and keep Manu. Chrichton’s not half the player we thought we bought and hasn’t lived up to all the hype. He’s lazy too and loses interest in a game quickly and makes stupid mistakes. We don’t need him to win a premiership.
                          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Cyril Snodgrass III View Post
                            With the departures of Jake,Boyd,the Morris Bros and Ice,,Easts have lost over a thousand games of NRL experience

                            For Easts to progress in 2022 a few things need to happen
                            1.Dump Fumbles...the bloke is too error prone to be a reliable first grade winger
                            2.Sign a good centre...say Dylan Walker ,who schooled us last Fri
                            3,Promote an 80% goal kicking winger...VK?
                            4,Sign a hard head second rower...Mr Sims?
                            5.Sign one of Melbourne's best....Mr B Smith?
                            6 change tactics....say a short kick off?...even after being flogged by opposition team who is scoring at will
                            1. We get it you don't like him but he's actually not that bad if you consider he was our 2nd highest try scorer.
                            2. I don't mind that idea but bin off Dylan Walker cause hes not that good and comes with too much baggage.
                            3. He might get a game or two but I wouldn't bet on him being brought in.
                            4. Don't mind bringing in Sims but I wouldn't be surprised if they passed up on him if they want to focus on youth development.
                            5. Brandon Smith is something that everyone is gunning for and would be commanding huge salary, I would love to take him but I would like to see Verills with a whole pre season and him being fit for most of the run.
                            6. Mate if you can please stop with the short kick offs, im sure theres a reason why they save short kick offs until the last 10 mins as a play to come back from behind.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by RoosterBoi View Post

                              I made it cause I thought there would be one by now so i just made one.

                              Sorry mate just joking

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post


                                Sorry mate just joking
                                All good mate, it's all good

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X