• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

names ?
    JT incoming

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril Snodgrass III View Post
      With the departures of Jake,Boyd,the Morris Bros and Ice,,Easts have lost over a thousand games of NRL experience

For Easts to progress in 2022 a few things need to happen
      1.Dump Fumbles...the bloke is too error prone to be a reliable first grade winger
      2.Sign a good centre...say Dylan Walker ,who schooled us last Fri
      3,Promote an 80% goal kicking winger...VK?
      4,Sign a hard head second rower...Mr Sims?
      5.Sign one of Melbourne's best....Mr B Smith?
      6 change tactics....say a short kick off?...even after being flogged by opposition team who is scoring at will
      I stopped reading at Dylan Walker, **** me what a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        Get rid of Crichton and keep Manu. Chrichton’s not half the player we thought we bought and hasn’t lived up to all the hype. He’s lazy too and loses interest in a game quickly and makes stupid mistakes. We don’t need him to win a premiership.
        He isn’t worth $600k let alone the $800k he wants.
        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

I stopped reading at Dylan Walker, **** me what a suggestion
          Does he even realise that Walker played 13 last week and not centre anyway? I'm guessing no, don't think there's much going on between the ears

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
            Get rid of Crichton and keep Manu. Chrichton’s not half the player we thought we bought and hasn’t lived up to all the hype. He’s lazy too and loses interest in a game quickly and makes stupid mistakes. We don’t need him to win a premiership.
            Agree. If Crichton demands big money he can piss off.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Sadly this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                Im with you RoosterBoi but trust me any player rumoured or signed by the Roosters will have its own thread. Its just the way the Chookpen rolls mate.
                Please no “Adam Elliott” thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                  I don't feel the same this week knowing we are 6 months away from watching our Roosters !!!
                  I hope you like cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    They may sign Copley on a cheapy contract for depth? - Fergo is without a club a cheapy signing as well as apparently he hasn't received an offer and is looking at rugby overseas? - neither would be the worst of signings
                    Fergo has signed with the Sydney FC Women’s side.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

Add Vuate Karawelavu and Tuku Hau Tapuha.
                      26. Tapuha
                      27. Whyte
                      28. Sims
                      29. Ben Marschke
                      30. Ben Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Does he even realise that Walker played 13 last week and not centre anyway? I'm guessing no, don't think there's much going on between the ears
                        Yeah he hasn’t played centre for years he’s a bench forward these days

Comment

North Queensland Cowgirls just signed two quick, strong and agile Fijian lads from the Fiji Rugby 7s squad to join them next season.

It's a bit of an 'unorthodox' approach but you'd imagine that they are potentially for depth in their outside backs department. We have an entire side in the Ron Massey Cup (Kaiviti Silktails) which would have heaps of potential Fijian talents other than Vuate Karawalevu so perhaps to fill the top 30 next year maybe the Roosters should look to promote a few players. The Fijian born players are naturally gifted athletes that wouldn't be asking for big money $$$ contracts, all they would require regarding development are few key things and they are 1. Defence 2. Ball handling 3. Catching the high ball. We struggled a lot this year with our backs and now losing both the Morris brothers, we head into next season down on backs more than ever (with or without the inclusion of Suaalii and Billy Smith). We need at least 1 or 2 more players in the backs other than Ikuvalu and Keighran.

Maybe look to add an experienced forward for cover and experience i.e. Sims and we should be fine (if we have the cap space $$$ and his asking price isn't ridiculous).

Comment

Not sure what isaako situation is, but I’d take a chance on him.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                              North Queensland Cowgirls just signed two quick, strong and agile Fijian lads from the Fiji Rugby 7s squad to join them next season.

It's a bit of an 'unorthodox' approach but you'd imagine that they are potentially for depth in their outside backs department. We have an entire side in the Ron Massey Cup (Kaiviti Silktails) which would have heaps of potential Fijian talents other than Vuate Karawalevu so perhaps to fill the top 30 next year maybe the Roosters should look to promote a few players. The Fijian born players are naturally gifted athletes that wouldn't be asking for big money $$$ contracts, all they would require regarding development are few key things and they are 1. Defence 2. Ball handling 3. Catching the high ball. We struggled a lot this year with our backs and now losing both the Morris brothers, we head into next season down on backs more than ever (with or without the inclusion of Suaalii and Billy Smith). We need at least 1 or 2 more players in the backs other than Ikuvalu and Keighran.

Maybe look to add an experienced forward for cover and experience i.e. Sims and we should be fine (if we have the cap space $$$ and his asking price isn't ridiculous).
                              Funny set up as per below - never heard of a train and replacement agreement before- may not be able to play NRL or they lose their 7's status ?

Despite their talents in their previous code, the pair are only tied to the club via a train and replacement agreement and will be farmed out to one of the Cowboys' three feeder sides at the cessation of the pre-season.

However, both will remain available to train with the first-grade side over the course of next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Indeed.
                                He has to improve or be gone.
                                Moving forward we can't afford passengers.

Comment

Working...
                                X