Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF Robbo - Lam on for 90% of the game and Walker on for 10% of the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

For some reason Gus has turned on us, he seems to have become quite contrary to the roosters it seems to have coincided with the love we have been receiving from Buzz and Kent over on Fox.
    He was rather conservative in the Penrith vs Souths game - seemed to "supporting" Souths saying they should be kicking a field goal when 16-10 in front with less than 10 to go

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

He was rather conservative in the Penrith vs Souths game - seemed to "supporting" Souths saying they should be kicking a field goal when 16-10 in front with less than 10 to go
      Channel nine have given up on rugby league. They have lost the broadcast rights
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

For some reason Gus has turned on us, he seems to have become quite contrary to the roosters it seems to have coincided with the love we have been receiving from Buzz and Kent over on Fox.
        He probably turned on us the day Buzz started liking us

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

He probably turned on us the day Buzz started liking us
          Wasn't there some rumour recently about a falling out with Uncle Nick?

May be just a rumour, may have substance.

I also noted he was has been jizzing over Souths over the past several weeks too. Nauseating. Seemed like his was literally whipping them home tonight. Did he have a big punt on them to win the comp at some stage i wonder?

Comment

Walker was much more impactful in 9 minutes than Lam was in 71 minutes. Lam does nothing - ever. I’m not sure why he’s there. I can’t recall him ever setting up a winning play for us or doing something special or memorable. Whereas Walker has had numerous moments where he has won us the game or made up sit up and say what a special player he is. Baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
              Walker was much more impactful in 9 minutes than Lam was in 71 minutes. Lam does nothing - ever. I’m not sure why he’s there. I can’t recall him ever setting up a winning play for us or doing something special or memorable. Whereas Walker has had numerous moments where he has won us the game or made up sit up and say what a special player he is. Baffling.
              Robbo values defence over attack. Walker's defense is not first grade standard yet. I don't think it's baffling at all

Whilst Walker did get credited with the try saving tackle, let's not forget he was the reason they made the break in the first place (when he rushed up and got fended)

Not an attack on Walker, just my opinion on why Robbos made the decision he has

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                I really do not get it.

Walker is 5 x the half Lam is.

I wager if Walker played 30-40 minutes we never would have been in such a tight space at the end there.

I am a massive Robbo fan, but I don't get it. What is he thinking?
                Walker would have Titans forwards stud marks all over his body

Comment

Didn’t we get to 30 something points in the first game before Walker had to come off with a shoulder injury and then, the points just stopped except for those of the GC who caught up until Walker bravely came back on to win it for us, like he did last night as well….Past history would say we score a hell of a lot more with Walker on…but at least Lam made 23 tackles. Oh yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                    I really do not get it.

Walker is 5 x the half Lam is.

I wager if Walker played 30-40 minutes we never would have been in such a tight space at the end there.

I am a massive Robbo fan, but I don't get it. What is he thinking?
                    Big Titans forwards would've run over Walker.
                    Lam had more chance of stopping them.
                    Though, Walker maybe should've been brought on when we were in front on the scoreboard.
                    ITWT

Comment

Maybe Lam's the better defensive half (has bulked up a bit more...etc) whereas Walker's the more creative/technical half?

Also, we can't afford to lose Walker! I think we're preserving him from getting a season-ending shoulder injury from doing a Radley-esque tackle on an unheralded fatty who's just looking to hurt little guys.

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Big Titans forwards would've run over Walker.
                      Lam had more chance of stopping them.
                      Though, Walker maybe should've been brought on when we were in front on the scoreboard.
                      ITWT
                      Yeah I feel like it must be ridiculously hard to come on cold with 10 to go and make an impact. I know that when I'm playing team sports, I need some time to work myself into the game. Walker's got a great skill there!!!

But... imagine if he'd been on when they had 12 men. I get the feeling we coulda been 3-4 tries ahead at half time and put the cue in the rack in the last 10 rather than taking it to the wire (and TBH almost losing... but for 2 stupid decisions from the Titans in the last 5 and an un-co drop goal attempt).
                      Last edited by ism22; 09-12-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Robbo's thinking that he will ease Sam into the semi's unleashing him for the GF that we're gonna win.
                        What are you going to say I told you so when melboure win the GF.
                        Great call Nostradamus

Comment

All the focus on Lam , Hutch is not much better.
                          If either are in our long term halves plans we are in trouble

Comment

Walker is tiny. Against huge forwards in a final sticking him in there for a long period makes him target practice for battering Ram tries. Our forwards are versatile and small but can hold their own, however with Walker on, the Titans would have had a field day attacking him and scoring tries. It was the right move by Robbo. Lam was there for defense and was hopeless in attack. We still needed Walker to get the win and he was fresh enough to chase down that certain try.
                            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Robbo:
                              >“Sammy has done well in finishing games for us but we were constantly in front there and I wanted to give Lachy and Drew [Hutchison] the opportunity to finish that game. But it was a pretty easy choice when it got to 24-24 to put Sammy on."

I feel like we played preservation footy rather than putting everything out there. Zero injuries and suspensions so it worked IMO. Now Manly (who will be wounded after a hard loss) are the focus.

Our defence was leaky though. Some of those tries we let in were a disgrace. No disrespect to the Titans, but they weren't 'tries' and basic defence coulda sorted them out.

This is what frustrates me really. We'll clinch cracking tries in the corner, then let in absolute rubbish 5 minutes later, killing all of our good work.
                              Last edited by ism22; 09-12-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                                All the focus on Lam , Hutch is not much better.
                                If either are in our long term halves plans we are in trouble
                                spot on, both just sat out in the centres all night - Lam 5 running meters - really?, they had zero impact, Rads played more of a half back role than Lam, Hutchs kicking game was shocking, not one bomb put any pressure on their backs. And to leave Walker off until 9 mins to go WTF! Did Robbo forget he was in the team?

Comment

Working...
                                X