Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th spot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    one game at a time and i'd like to win all of em

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      I can't see us finishing 4th but if we did and we lost we are likely to play Parra or Manly in week 2 should we lose.
      If we finish 5th or 6th and we win first week then we are likely to play Souths, Manly or Parra in week 2.
      So hardly any difference.
      So coming 4th and having a slim chance of getting a week off then surely that is our best option.
      One game at a time.
      Of course, if you finished a clear 5th you might have the luxury of resting half your team in the final round... though they might not have enough players to do that.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

        Last time we played Melb we lost 0-46.
        We did not even score one point.
        I'd be staying as far away from Melb as possible for as long as possible.
        Do you reckon Robbo's thinking avoid this team and that team and "let's stay as far away from Melbourne as possible"? Do you reckon our players like Jared and Victor and Tedesco are thinking "lets avoid playing Melbourne". ffs
        Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 07-29-2021, 07:36 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          if we finish 5th and lose we're out first week; if we win we probably play souths, manly or parra but could even play storm or penrith.
          if we finish 4th maybe we jag a win and get the week off; if we lose we probably play manly or parra but could even play a crap team.

          Comment


          • #35
            Lets just hope the Chooks dont get anymore injuries & see how we go. They cant win the comp but it would be a mighty impressive effort if they got to the prelim final.
            Originally posted by OMR;n823956
            You guys will soon be shot down by mickie lane for saying negative stuff about his much admired bunnies. So be gentle with your hatred for souffs as you might hurt his feelings too

            Originally posted by The Sack;n823995

            Watch out, you will get bombarded with gay and animal porn now. One sick individual.

            Comment


            • #36
              Who still thinks we should be aiming for 5th?

              Comment


              • #37
                Should be playing to win every game .Where we finish shouldn't come into it .Only one reason we play and that's to win

                Comment


                • #38
                  I'm trying to figure out what the positives are in finishing 4th with no home ground advantage.

                  I hope we run 5th for strategic reasons.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Gotta beat the best to be the best .
                    4th spot for me.
                    our fittest side possible that clicks on the day can beat the Storm or penrith.
                    we won't be just making up the numbers

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The fact we are even discussing this shows how amazing our club has performed this year !!! Fark it's been a ride

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                        I'm trying to figure out what the positives are in finishing 4th with no home ground advantage.

                        I hope we run 5th for strategic reasons.
                        the biggest positive is that you're guaranteed to be playing beyond the first week of the finals. finish fifth, sure you play a worse team but maybe you have an off day, get someone sent off, you lose and it's all over.
                        but there are arguments both ways.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I truly believe if everyone does there job around him, Sam Walker is good enough to generate enough opportunities for the chooks to pull off a miracle and win the comp...
                          the Bondi wall is showing signs of life wich gives me hope

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                            Gotta beat the best to be the best .
                            4th spot for me.
                            our fittest side possible that clicks on the day can beat the Storm or penrith.
                            we won't be just making up the numbers
                            Yes. And they know it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                              I truly believe if everyone does there job around him, Sam Walker is good enough to generate enough opportunities for the chooks to pull off a miracle and win the comp...
                              the Bondi wall is showing signs of life wich gives me hope
                              Provided the refs don't get too frustrated by it and decide to blow a few sin bin holes in it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                                I truly believe if everyone does there job around him, Sam Walker is good enough to generate enough opportunities for the chooks to pull off a miracle and win the comp...
                                the Bondi wall is showing signs of life wich gives me hope
                                Reality check.
                                No 18 YO playing halfback in their rookie year has ever won a comp.
                                The Chooks have been smashed by the top 3 teams this year.
                                Semi final footy is different & Hughes, Munster, Cleary Luia & Reynolds, Walker have way to much class over our boy Walker.
                                Im a big fan of Sam & when he puts on another 7 to 10kg of muscle & learns the NRL I can see him winning a comp at the Chooks so long as the Roosters continue to have top players around him.
                                Originally posted by OMR;n823956
                                You guys will soon be shot down by mickie lane for saying negative stuff about his much admired bunnies. So be gentle with your hatred for souffs as you might hurt his feelings too

                                Originally posted by The Sack;n823995

                                Watch out, you will get bombarded with gay and animal porn now. One sick individual.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X