replied
    Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

mmm it's Baseball
    Or Baseball.

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Ya talkin to the wrong bloke mate. I couldnt give a fark about all that American basketball..
    mmm it's Baseball

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied

How about this one

Atlanta Braves beat Washington Nationals 8-4 @Atlanta - Half a game behind NY Mets and 1 game behind Philladelphia in the National League East with 52 games to go- the chase is on

Fair bit of pressure on Atlanta to ban the Chop and change their name as deemed as racist - So Canberra Raiders should ban the Viking clap i suppose as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-efJvUbsow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AajSl8Z3iyg
    Ya talkin to the wrong bloke mate. I couldnt give a fark about all that American basketball..

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied

Your talkin to the wrong bloke about AFL. I have no interest in it.
    How about this one

Atlanta Braves beat Washington Nationals 8-4 @Atlanta - Half a game behind NY Mets and 1 game behind Philladelphia in the National League East with 52 games to go- the chase is on

Fair bit of pressure on Atlanta to ban the Chop and change their name as deemed as racist - So Canberra Raiders should ban the Viking clap i suppose as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-efJvUbsow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AajSl8Z3iyg
    Last edited by King Salvo; 08-07-2021, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied

From the outside I would rate the top 6 as follows

1- Storm
    2- Riff
    3- Vermin
    4- Manly
    5- Chooks
    6- Parra

Difference between the Storm and the Riff at full strength and the rest is their defence and ball movement and they generally play 80 minutes.

If the other 4 teams can match them in the key areas - high set completions/ low errors ( low missed tackles/set restarts and penalties conceded) / good kicking game and defence that moves at speed and cuts down their time and space in attack and sustain this for the full game then they will be a chance. Whether teams 3 to 6 can do this time will tell

Need to make them (Storm and Riff and any other team) beat you and not beat yourself by putting in a poor performance

As Big Jack Gibson would say you don't like losing but if the team played to it's ability that is all you can ask - only was critical if a team lost because of errors , ill discipline and dumb play

On NRL360 Buzz, Hooper, and Kent were discussing of the merit for Parra to finish 5th or 6th thus avoiding the Storm or to a lesser extent Penrith because it’s preferable to go into the second week with a win(if they could even match that) rather than playing the Storm and be thrashed and go into the second week of the finals down in confidence after such a thrashing.

Considering our disastrous injury list and how lack of experience our players are, that could be a thought for Robbo, but at the end of the day, it’s a gamble and also considering that we seem to get injuries in every game, it maybe best to try and play as less games as necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied

GWS winning was no good for my Richmond Tigers and has them on 38 points in 8th place - Richmond currently on 32 in 11th place and play North Melbourne tonight so a must win and play GWS and Hawthorne to finish the regular season - will have to win all remaining 3 games and have some results go there way one would say to keep the 3 peat alive.
    Your talkin to the wrong bloke about AFL. I have no interest in it.

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied

Not Roosters related but I was listening to the radio this morning with Gus Worland, Wendell & Jude Bolton & they started talking AFL first about the Swans chance of winning tonight & then about GWS's win last night with 18 yes 18 regular players out. The Chooks can beat Penrith tonight.
    GWS winning was no good for my Richmond Tigers and has them on 38 points in 8th place - Richmond currently on 32 in 11th place and play North Melbourne tonight so a must win and play GWS and Hawthorne to finish the regular season - will have to win all remaining 3 games and have some results go there way one would say to keep the 3 peat alive.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by player 1 View Post
    Storm have had a couple of short term injuries to players like Pap and Munster but not suffered, panthers of course have struggled without Cleary and a few others.

Souffs to my knowledge don't seem to have had any injuries at all to key players, basically playing with same side week in week out to win 9 on the trot. They just don't look like getting injured, whereas I half close my eyes every time one of our players is involved in a tackle, waiting for the next season ending injury.

We are without about 10 of our first string side and yet almost every week another of our players joins the disabled list.

This week we have a brand new starting winger whom we discarded 5 years ago.

Incredible we are around top 4, but only 'top 4' side we have beaten was Parra last week.

The betting says its close, but I will be amazed and very pleased if we get over pamfers tonight.
    Not Roosters related but I was listening to the radio this morning with Gus Worland, Wendell & Jude Bolton & they started talking AFL first about the Swans chance of winning tonight & then about GWS's win last night with 18 yes 18 regular players out. The Chooks can beat Penrith tonight.

Leave a comment:

• player 1
    replied
    Storm have had a couple of short term injuries to players like Pap and Munster but not suffered, panthers of course have struggled without Cleary and a few others.

Souffs to my knowledge don't seem to have had any injuries at all to key players, basically playing with same side week in week out to win 9 on the trot. They just don't look like getting injured, whereas I half close my eyes every time one of our players is involved in a tackle, waiting for the next season ending injury.

We are without about 10 of our first string side and yet almost every week another of our players joins the disabled list.

This week we have a brand new starting winger whom we discarded 5 years ago.

Incredible we are around top 4, but only 'top 4' side we have beaten was Parra last week.

The betting says its close, but I will be amazed and very pleased if we get over pamfers tonight.

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    I think they will come fourth but they are a class below the top two. I put them even with Souffs but they are even more of a one-man team than Souffs are.

I want us to come fifth.
    From the outside I would rate the top 6 as follows

1- Storm
    2- Riff
    3- Vermin
    4- Manly
    5- Chooks
    6- Parra

Difference between the Storm and the Riff at full strength and the rest is their defence and ball movement and they generally play 80 minutes.

If the other 4 teams can match them in the key areas - high set completions/ low errors ( low missed tackles/set restarts and penalties conceded) / good kicking game and defence that moves at speed and cuts down their time and space in attack and sustain this for the full game then they will be a chance. Whether teams 3 to 6 can do this time will tell

Need to make them (Storm and Riff and any other team) beat you and not beat yourself by putting in a poor performance

As Big Jack Gibson would say you don't like losing but if the team played to it's ability that is all you can ask - only was critical if a team lost because of errors , ill discipline and dumb play

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky_Fried_Rooster
    replied
    Fourth after the weekend, Parra season is over and we will have an easy win against a wounded Penrith.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Assuming the ladder finishes like this:
    1/ Storm
    2/ Panthers
    3/ Souffs
    4/ Roosters/Manly
    5/ Roosters/Manly

Also assuming we make it to the prelim (touch wood).

Using the NRL site's predictor and assuming 1st and 2nd win in week 1.
    Regardless of whether we finish 4th or 5th we play Manly in week 2 and Panthers in the prelim.
    Only difference is who we play in week 1. We play Storm for a shot at a week off or play 8th (likely Titans or Raiders).
    I see no advantage in coming 5th and playing every week. Come 4th and have a shot at a week off. You never know what the teams will look like with injuries and suspensions.
    If we finish 6th then we are likely to play Souths in week 2 then Storm and prelim. Obviously Mickie's preference.​​​​​​​
    Thats what I was thinking but not the finishing 6th bit. But if we did finish 6th & we faced Souths & won then we faced Melbourne & won it would be the best ever result for the Chooks with 5 out.
    4th or 5th doesnt really matter.

Leave a comment:

• BUDDY
    replied
    I think they will come fourth but they are a class below the top two. I put them even with Souffs but they are even more of a one-man team than Souffs are.

I want us to come fifth.
    Assuming the ladder finishes like this:
    1/ Storm
    2/ Panthers
    3/ Souffs
    4/ Roosters/Manly
    5/ Roosters/Manly

Also assuming we make it to the prelim (touch wood).

Using the NRL site's predictor and assuming 1st and 2nd win in week 1.
    Regardless of whether we finish 4th or 5th we play Manly in week 2 and Panthers in the prelim.
    Only difference is who we play in week 1. We play Storm for a shot at a week off or play 8th (likely Titans or Raiders).
    I see no advantage in coming 5th and playing every week. Come 4th and have a shot at a week off. You never know what the teams will look like with injuries and suspensions.
    If we finish 6th then we are likely to play Souths in week 2 then Storm and prelim. Obviously Mickie's preference.​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• GT3370
    replied

I want us to come fifth.
    Would we be better of if we could come fourth . You get to play the next week if you loose . Fifth we loose we are out and based on this year when we play teams below us we don't seem to do to well.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied

I want us to come fifth.
    Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 08-03-2021, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X