No announcement yet.

NRL 360 Ben Ikin replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper is a chance as they will almost certainly put on a Queenslander to keep ratings up north. Alternatively it could end up being Tallis lol..

Comment

Apologies in advance if I sound insensitive, offensive etc but is Lara Pitt really a decent option to consider ?

Ok, let’s just put aside all this PC bullshit and equal rights crap for a second and really consider whether she can actually take on the role. Paul Kent is an absolute loud-mouth hero with bullish tactics when he talks (argues/debates) and I don’t think Lara would be well suited to pair up with Kenty. She is pleasing on the eye and does say a lot of impartial views which is usually polar opposite to what Kent says (a softer-spoken version of Ikin and we all like to see and hear this) but I just don’t think she has the general aptitude (footy IQ) to handle the role. I’ve seen her most of the time “nod her head, pass on a small cheeky remark to the other panel members and 9/10 times just agree to what Ben Ikin has said and reiterate that point (whatever it may be) ... so what is really the point or objective other than to provide a gender neutral show for viewers and to appear diverse ?

Fox League is going to potentially lose a fair bit of viewing ratings due to Ikin’s departure and they better find a solid replacement quickly, but I just don’t think Lara is up to it.

My options to consider:
      • Dan Ginnane
      • Anthony Maroon
      • Matthew Nable (If he’s not pretending to do a movie/tv show audition half the time)
      • Andy Raymond (Good opportunity to bring him back if there’s no bad blood with Fox League)
      • Warren Smith
      • Andrew Voss

Left field options:
      • Cooper Cronk
      • Cameron Smith (Sooner or later, the bloke is going to step into the media spotlight or coaching space. He’s already doing some radio work on SEN 1170 so wouldn’t be too farfetched).
      • James Rochford (Yes, the Professor, I know he’s more for comic relief, but the bloke is smart and we could see an entertaining and serious side of him if it was seriously considered)

Comment

I say give it to Vossy, loved him on the Sunday roast and think he would be a good fit here.
        My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
        My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          Blocker, Braith or James Hooper for me.
          Have you heard Blocker commentate the games? I don’t think he actually knows the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by barryd View Post

Have you heard Blocker commentate the games? I don’t think he actually knows the rules.
            But he loves the Roosters.

Comment

Coops would be my choice. Recently retired, respected by players, coaches, fans etc. Well spoken, awesome knowledge of the game.

Whether he wants it though is another question

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                Coops would be my choice. Recently retired, respected by players, coaches, fans etc. Well spoken, awesome knowledge of the game.

Whether he wants it though is another question
                I like cooper, but listening to him is painful for me, probably still learning, but annoying for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I like cooper, but listening to him is painful for me, probably still learning, but annoying for some reason.
                  I agree. Over analysis things.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                    I hope Dan Ginnane gets the role.
                    And just think, he can end every episode by screaming GOOODBYYYYEEEEEE!!!
                    "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

I'd love Sterlo to get the gig.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

100% agree....he sounds very robotic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                          I'd love Sterlo to get the gig.
                          He would be the top pick, agree. But think he is pretty comfortable with the dopey counterparts at 9. And why would anyone want to work alongside Hadley and Kent? Would need some tidy coin.

Comment

Anthony Mundine will be the new host. Can’t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

He would be the top pick, agree. But think he is pretty comfortable with the dopey counterparts at 9. And why would anyone want to work alongside Hadley and Kent? Would need some tidy coin.
                              Sterlo is mortal enemies with both Kent and Buzz. It would make for interesting viewing, especially the segment where Ikin grabs hold of the golf driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

But he loves the Roosters.
                                That is so true

Comment

Working...
                                X