Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale Finucane > TPJ (any day)

Comment

He is 90% certain himself that he wants to come here..he is trying ...Price cap and risk etc .
      If he could sort himself in and apply the Robbo culture he would be a major signing but he will have to play for less to come here that is for certain.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

We will not get Finucane. Pretty pointless discussion.

I doubt we will get TPJ as of Robbo's comments but if just to see Norfolk bag one of our players I hope we get him.

Aside from that I think we need one more prop. Our depth in the front row has been tested this year and JWH probably only has a couple years left. I think our Tongan connection will be good to get the best out of TPJ. Plus the Broncos will ensure he comes cheaper to us.

So after a bit more thought it is a tentative Yes from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          If you want to see a consistent very good aggressive TPJ then he has to play for 1 of the top 5 teams. If he go's to the Tigers he will be the same as he is now.
          Agree with this, he leads the league in offloads which we have basically none of , if he goes to a bottom tier club he will continue his wayward ways. I think Robbo can get the best out of him.

Comment

I'd really like to see it to be honest. As someone else mentioned, TPJ, Hargreaves, Radley, Collins and Tauks when he gets back to his best. How about that for a pack? Vicious.

I know what Robbo said about him, but I'm not convinced that stances like that can't change. If Robbo can screw his head on, target his aggression appropriately and get him playing consistently, he'd be an absolute monster.

Comment

He's undervalued and played well last month at the SCG.
              Would be at the expense of an emerging player and I'd rather Robinson stick to the youth coming through.

He'll probably go to the tigers

Comment

His three match suspension harms his chances to immediately slot in to a team, of which 1 is a bye for Brisbane. Meaning he wouldn’t be able to play until round 19, possibly 20. Leaving 6-7 regular season games for his new club.
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                  Yes please

Comment

I think Robbo could turn him around.
                    But aren’t broncos paying him somewhere around 800-1 million?
                    I can’t see roosters paying more than 400k at tops because of the huge risk that he is.
                    where as tigers and co would probably pay 600k for his name.

Comment

What does it matter who we buy when every game penalties, 6 agains and sin bins are stacked against us and we are forced to play with 12 men? How can we ever hope to be competitive with the way the refs and bunker are treating us? We may as well not turn up at all as we are getting players suspended for 5 matches at a time and forced to play lengthy periods of the game with no footy and 12 men.

We should start another comp. and make sure no crooks allowed in as administrators or refs. Buying players won’t fix the fact the game is ruined in its present form.
                      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                        Other teams are "too big, too strong, too fast"...our team is not like that, but needs to be to win another premiership.
                        I'd be interested to know what you based this judgement on. I compared the size of our team with Penrith's and it was about the same. The only time we have a significant weight disadvantage is when we have a player in the sin bin... which is most of the time, it would seem.

Comment

Yep. Wasted talent. He tore us apart and has been MIA ever since.

Comment

I think the current playing group despise him.

In saying that, I'm sure they could live with him dominating on the field alongside them.
                            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                              They are totally different players. We have toilers like Butcher, Liu etc.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                                I'd be interested to know what you based this judgement on. I compared the size of our team with Penrith's and it was about the same. The only time we have a significant weight disadvantage is when we have a player in the sin bin... which is most of the time, it would seem.
                                Were we a bigger team when we went B2B? Of course not.

BB just clutching at straws on that one and has been for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X