Victor Radley kicked off a flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Penriffs sudden rise for the past 2 seasons is because the local mates stayed together. Nothing wrong with staying local.
    Agree in part, but the Rif mates are all playing together and have been brought up with the culture of what it means to be a pro athlete.

Most Victors mates are local boys he grew up with who are not pro footy players and the ramifications of their actions are not at the forefront of their minds and possibly Victors in their company..... Just like me and my rowdy mates when I was a younger bloke. The ramifications of myself or my mates occasional silly drunken or loud behaviour had little detriment to my career or the organisations we worked for....and we always knew where we can or can't be fools even when tanked. (which was every weekend like a lot of us)

And any anybody who gets kicked off a flight must be behaving pretty appallingly. It's just pure disrespect for others. There is a time and place for everything and for pro footy players, this time and these places are restricted more than others. But there is never a time to be a drunken goose on a flight for anybody!

Having said this...none of us know the exact details, but coach Robo was pretty stern on this today!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      If Vic wasn’t suspended, would this be the problem a lot are making it out to be? Doubt it
      Roosters players being booted off planes for being drunk is not what the 2021 version of our Club is all about.
      Heavy drinking should be explained to Victor..."alcohol is poison" the new research aired on tv shows.
      You'd hope he's not drinking heavily every day and night, because if he's driving a motor vehicle for work etc, a criminal record awaits him if he goes DUI.
      First question on USA visa application:
      "Do you have a criminal record"?
      If he's drinking heavily, it takes 72 hrs from a bender to fully recover to play footy at maximum capacity...Hadley explained.
      If there's alcohol in our dressing room, that should be banned too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

Agree in part, but the Rif mates are all playing together and have been brought up with the culture of what it means to be a pro athlete.

Most Victors mates are local boys he grew up with who are not pro footy players and the ramifications of their actions are not at the forefront of their minds and possibly Victors in their company..... Just like me and my rowdy mates when I was a younger bloke. The ramifications of myself or my mates occasional silly drunken or loud behaviour had little detriment to my career or the organisations we worked for....and we always knew where we can or can't be fools even when tanked. (which was every weekend like a lot of us)

And any anybody who gets kicked off a flight must be behaving pretty appallingly. It's just pure disrespect for others. There is a time and place for everything and for pro footy players, this time and these places are restricted more than others. But there is never a time to be a drunken goose on a flight for anybody!

Having said this...none of us know the exact details, but coach Robo was pretty stern on this today!!!!
        Cant argue any of that! I'm with ya on the behavioral aspects 100%. There are sometimes admired people who act like dykheads. Their status doesn't excuse it.
        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
          Robbo gave Radley quite the spray in his press conference today.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...cf5a51ca99d35d
          Correct... Radley has the ability to be a superstar in the game, but he needs to accept the responsibility that goes with the fame and the benefits. He obviously has the willpower to train hard and rehab from injuries, but he needs to use it to moderate his alcohol consumption during the season, and if he can't moderate it he needs to get off the piss entirely. Wouldn't want him to end up like Carney, who probably had even more ability but threw away a chance of being remembered as one of the all time greats by having no self control on the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Roosters players being booted off planes for being drunk is not what the 2021 version of our Club is all about.
            Heavy drinking should be explained to Victor..."alcohol is poison" the new research aired on tv shows.
            You'd hope he's not drinking heavily every day and night, because if he's driving a motor vehicle for work etc, a criminal record awaits him if he goes DUI.
            If he's drinking heavily, it takes 72 hrs from a bender to fully recover to play footy at maximum capacity...Hadley explained.
            Good thing we don't play any games in the US this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
              One thing for sure is that Victor seems to have a lot of Bondi Bogan mates...nothing wrong with that and it's great that he still has that crew. But what goes for them doesn't go for Victor anymore.
              A lot of players move away from where they grew up and their local mates, their whole focus and social life is around the team and other players they meet in their new environment where they all have the same understanding of expectations. (generally)
              He obviously has discipline and the ability to focus....you don't get to the level he has without it and the ability to sacrifice.
              Maybe he is happy to just be a builder and hang with his mates now he has a good cash foundation?
              Victor now, right now, has to decide who and what he wants to be.
              If he wants to continue playing footy for the Roosters, he needs to learn to say "no"...or just have one beer...or 2 beers if there is a designated driver who's not drunk.
              It's the booze don'tcha know...removes inhibitions, everything's wonderful in hazy alcohol land...until you get drunk, fly across the dance floor into your sister's wedding cake and destroy it...then steal the limo to buy another cake, and drive it off the road, over someone's front lawn, the crash into their house.
              Shown in the movie 28 Days. ( Sandra Bullock")
              28 days in rehab, instead of prison.
              Leave rehab and
              ""Everything has to be different".
              Gotta ditch your boozy boyfriend and his "drink til you drop" friends...and suck on lollipops instead of cans of booze.
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-16-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

A lot of assumptions there.
                Actually a lot of assumptions in the whole thread.
                Robbo said the incident was not a big deal. The police were not involved. There was no abuse. Just a bunch of blokes who had a bit to drink and were a bit loud.
                He also said Rads is a good man with good principals.
                I have no doubt Rads would be extremely embarrassed and I doubt we will see a similar incident from him in future.
                No doubt he will cop his punishment, apologise to the playing group and has learned his lesson.

To assume he is going to get a criminal record because he would drive while in a drunken state is drawing a pretty long bow.

Comment

who knows - maybe all of them were kicked off, or refused entry to the flight. maybe rads was in a group of rowdy young men and the airline didn't want to risk trouble further down the track and the media focuses on him cos he's the famous one.

don't think he will miss any games over this - fifita did something worse and was fined

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Penriffs sudden rise for the past 2 seasons is because the local mates stayed together. Nothing wrong with staying local.
                    I'd like to know how they pass their post match swabs.

Have you seen the acne on Cleary's face? He's not exactly 15.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

There is a distinct pattern between a footballer, free time, and trouble. I'm not saying that players didn't into trouble in the pre-professional era, Paul Hayward comes to mind, but too much money, too much free time and too little self-control lead to bad headlines.

Short of locking footballers up in cages like gladiators (shout out to Russell Goldfish and his new studio), perhaps some extracurricular activities that don't involve being a drunk F-wit would be in order.

Comment

Victor now, right now, has to decide who and what he wants to be.
                        If he wants to continue playing footy for the Roosters, he needs to learn to say "no"...or just have one beer...or 2 beers if there is a designated driver who's not drunk.
                        It's the booze don'tcha know...removes inhibitions, everything's wonderful in hazy alcohol land...until you get drunk, fly across the dance floor into your sister's wedding cake and destroy it...then steal the limo to buy another cake, and drive it off the road, over someone's front lawn, the crash into their house.
                        Shown in the movie 28 Days. ( Sandra Bullock")
                        28 days in rehab, instead of prison.
                        Leave rehab and
                        ""Everything has to be different".
                        Gotta ditch your boozy boyfriend and his "drink til you drop" friends...and suck on lollipops instead of cans of booze.
                        Victor may not have been drunk at all Bindi , he may have simply been intoxicated.I have a daughter that was and is soon to be again an hostess for Qantas and she tells me if they feel you may be intoxicated but not drunk and they think you may be loud and carry on then they do and will refuse you boarding or even remove you prior to take of.Does not mean you have done anything wrong.I saying that yes it's not a good look and yes Rads needs to pull his head in as he is a role model and even a future captain.And yes I meant the Bindi but as you carrying on like a girl .No offence meant ladies

Comment

I would add that his mindset at present might'nt be A1 with the recent returm from long term injury, only to be rubbed out for 5 more weeks with this ridiculous interpretation of rules. A few drinks, some mates, frustration at being sat down....bingo!

Snakes on a plane.

Comment

A night out with Pearce & Radley would be loose as fark.....this old boy wants in !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                              There is a distinct pattern between a footballer, free time, and trouble. I'm not saying that players didn't into trouble in the pre-professional era, Paul Hayward comes to mind, but too much money, too much free time and too little self-control lead to bad headlines.

Short of locking footballers up in cages like gladiators (shout out to Russell Goldfish and his new studio), perhaps some extracurricular activities that don't involve being a drunk F-wit would be in order.
                              So now you are comparing Victor Radley to Paul Hayward? That is some seriously warped hyperbole.

Comment

i love victor. but he got this one well wrong. robbo ain't happy, it is def not the roosters way.

nor is angus poking the tongue out, yep it is no big deal . not a major.

just not our way. end of story.

Comment

Working...
                                X