Victor Radley kicked off a flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

so hes actually banned for 6 games instead of 5. that seems fair...
    4 NRL games (Raiders/Titans/Riff and Bulldogs) and 1 SOO - From another Post it was stated that the NRL only allowed 1 SOO game to be counted as part of the 5 game suspension - So round 17 vs Knights

Comment

Not a huge deal when you look at it in isolation... but when you look at the context of his prior mishap, it's not painting a pretty picture. Agree with the comment he's starting to tread that fine line and needs a stern talk sooner rather than later ..

Comment

Another one who should be banned from drinking alcohol until his NRL career is over.
        He should ban himself...or limit drinking alcohol to his home.
        "Beers, beers, beers"...now look what's happened.
        He seems to have a problem with alcohol, there was the pub brawl...now this.
        Maybe time to go to rehab/AA.
        If he's always suspended and doesn't play much, what's the point of having him on our books.
        He's small in stature, maybe better to sell him off to another club and buy Christian Welch.
        Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-16-2021, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
          Another one who should be banned from drinking alcohol until his NRL career is over.
          If he's always suspended and doesn't play much, what's the point of having him on our books.
          He's small in stature, maybe better to sell him off to another club and buy Christian Welch.
          Really! You'd rather have Christian Welch than Victor - maybe you're really a Storm Boy not a Bondi Boy.

Can't believe how many want to crucify him without knowing all the facts - and its probably unlikely that we ever will.
          There are plenty before him at this club that were involved in similar alcohol related incidents and that hasn't stopped people either forgetting or ignoring those things.
          Guys like Ricketson, Fittler, Mini, Cordner, Friend all had incidents at stages in their careers but most here would still consider them club legends.

Hopefully Victor can keep his head down for a while because on day he could finish up with his face painted on 'that wall'.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

4 NRL games (Raiders/Titans/Riff and Bulldogs) and 1 SOO - From another Post it was stated that the NRL only allowed 1 SOO game to be counted as part of the 5 game suspension - So round 17 vs Knights
            It’s a fkn joke that Origin counts as a game. He doesn’t get the jersey. He’s never played origin. Same with Angus.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

Really! You'd rather have Christian Welch than Victor - maybe you're really a Storm Boy not a Bondi Boy.

Can't believe how many want to crucify him without knowing all the facts - and its probably unlikely that we ever will.
              There are plenty before him at this club that were involved in similar alcohol related incidents and that hasn't stopped people either forgetting or ignoring those things.
              Guys like Ricketson, Fittler, Mini, Cordner, Friend all had incidents at stages in their careers but most here would still consider them club legends.

Hopefully Victor can keep his head down for a while because on day he could finish up with his face painted on 'that wall'.
              yep. maybe he has a case to answer - but maybe he doesn't. you can't lynch someone before you've heard the evidence

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

do you want him playing ? cause i do.

Of course I do and I know you were serious about it but I found your comment funny because I had this image of Victa walking into a room expecting to get a pub feed and beer but instead being greeted by all those people you mentioned AND Dr Phil all trying to do an intervention...I thought you might have thought it was funny too, but I can understand why you didn't get the joke. But with that said, I try not to have an opinion of what a player should do in their private life because at the end of the day, it's their life and yes I am disappointed with hearing that news but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                  In other Victor news, Annesley explained how Victor got to count one of the SOO games as part of his suspension. Apparently, the player's club needs to apply based on a likelihood that he would have played. The Roosters did this for both Victor and Angus and the NRL approved the application. Interestingly, the Roosters also applied for Game 2 to be counted, but they rejected this on the grounds his selection for that game was "only speculative".

I'm not sure about the logic behind that. Yes he's likely to be selected for Game 1 but maybe not for Game 2? Surely, suggesting he might be dropped for Game 2 is even more "speculative".
                  ridiculous to allow him to even count game 1. Same for Angus and Papali.

Comment

Hahaha I love Victor, but yeah I agree he’s an elite NRL player and has to understand that, with that comes responsibility ( I hate to have say that because I loved getting on the sauce in my early twenties every weekend all the boys Friday afternoon to Sunday morning) you just want to get loose he had an absolute bender Friday into Saturday and for the most part had no issue he’s done **** all wrong but he’s an NRL player and he’s a Rooster he will be headhunted.
                    Reel it in Victor, you can’t have both mate stay home get on it go to bed, we need you on the field mate.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                      Welch? Oh Bondi.boi massive overreaction mate, get a good nights sleep I’ll forgive you tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Should have been 1, maybe 2 at most.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                          It’s a fkn joke that Origin counts as a game. He doesn’t get the jersey. He’s never played origin. Same with Angus.
                          Sorry mate. Im confused. Are you takin the pyss?
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

ridiculous to allow him to even count game 1. Same for Angus and Papali.
                            IMO it's a pretty liberal interpretation because (like Marshke's suspension only being for the next 2 weeks), he's in the squad and COULD have been picked.

To me the fact is that Radley woulda been sent to the Origin camp and Freddy woulda picked between him and Yeo based on how they all trained/clicked. From there, I reckon he may well have pushed somebody like Liam Martin off the bench (or been a handy 18th as opposed to Koroisau because he's a #13 who can play rake/halves rather than a rake who can play bench utility at best).

Radley was denied the chance to go to Origin camp and stake his claim for the jersey. The NRL undoubtedly woulda asked Freddy 'would he have gone to your Orogin camp?' Answer 'yes... he is definitely a player who I woulda had in the squad'. From there, whether or not he was the best pick for the day is irrelevant IMO.

Side note - Gus and Papalii? Both were certainties. Papalii was a striking omission and QLD will be glad to have him back.

Comment

Only the really good players get into fights & thrown off planes.
                              Dont change anything about yourself Victor.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Sorry mate. Im confused. Are you takin the pyss?
                                Not this time.
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X