Feldt handed a $1600 fine but escaped suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feldt handed a $1600 fine but escaped suspension

Feldt was placed on report and later charged with dangerous contact of the head-neck. He was handed a $1600 fine but escaped suspension.
    Basically a shoulder to the head, feet left the ground, everything and worse than any of Victor's tackles.

Where is the consistency?
    Victor gets sin binned twice and has to sit out 5 games for far less!

Rules were always going to iron themselves out, as Robbo foreshadowed. Radley just chose the wrong place and time

Comment

Stop whining.

Comment

Didn't watch the game but just watched that tackle from Feldt now. A complete embarrassment for the code that after all the crackdowns, that high shot is just a nothing monetary fine for a bloke getting $30K to play that game. Disgraceful. An embarrassment that they have some unspoken and unstated position that in Origin it's kind of different rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
          Didn't watch the game but just watched that tackle from Feldt now. A complete embarrassment for the code that after all the crackdowns, that high shot is just a nothing monetary fine for a bloke getting $30K to play that game. Disgraceful. An embarrassment that they have some unspoken and unstated position that in Origin it's kind of different rules.
          Yep, a late forceful direct hit to the head causing it to recoil. Neither of Radley's tackles were this bad, not by a long shot.

How ironic that the difference in policing of the crackdown in club and origin games has cost Radley his opportunity to compete in origin (and make a crust).

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Stop whining.
            Just making a talking point. I thought that what was what this place was for.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
              Feldt was placed on report and later charged with dangerous contact of the head-neck. He was handed a $1600 fine but escaped suspension.
              Basically a shoulder to the head, feet left the ground, everything and worse than any of Victor's tackles.

I think the biggest shyte is getting binned AND suspended for what's essentially a minor offence.

Then... seeing some dude get fined for the same thing (or for blatantly kicking somebody). The fines will run out though. Right now they're a decent revenue raiser, but literally everybody will have a record soon, so won't be able to take the fine only option.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I think the biggest shyte is getting binned AND suspended for what's essentially a minor offence.

Then... seeing some dude get fined for the same thing (or for blatantly kicking somebody). The fines will run out though. Right now they're a decent revenue raiser, but literally everybody will have a record soon, so won't be able to take the fine only option.
                i don't think enough is made of sin binning as a penalty. they say it reduces the amount of games missed but i don't think the discount is enough. spending 10 in the bin can be a bigger penalty v a team than later rubbing someone out for a game (in which the team will play with 13 players)

Comment

I think the club will defiantly use this case from now on in defence of inconsistants from the NRL.
                  Why cant the NRL come out and defend this one?

and kicking a man on the ground attracts only a fine???

Comment

Just making a talking point. I thought that what was what this place was for.
                    Now you are just being silly!
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Stop whining.
                      Not whining but pointing out a certain inequality of the penalties handed out. Do you think the Radley tackle deserved 3-5 games whilst Feldt’s deserved a $1600 fine?

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                        Not whining but pointing out a certain inequality of the penalties handed out. Do you think the Radley tackle deserved 3-5 games whilst Feldt’s deserved a $1600 fine?
                        Of course not. But whinging won’t get the decision overturned.

Whinging is like a rocking chair. Gives you something to do but won’t get you very far.

I suggest you put your energies into supporting the boys.

Comment

Of course not. But whinging won’t get the decision overturned.

Whinging is like a rocking chair. Gives you something to do but won’t get you very far.

I suggest you put your energies into supporting the boys.
                          Yep I learned that with mixed netball. You can whinge at 'em about a bad call all you like... all they're going to do is target you further if you do that. Whereas if you nod and cop it like an adult, nobody will remember the call.

Comment

Radley had loading's though which bumped it up - if a clean skin he would have missed only 1 game as the grade 2 is 200 points and early plea is 150 - so one game and 50 carryovers.

If he does another grade 2 similar offence - it will be 7 games with an early plea.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Yep, a late forceful direct hit to the head causing it to recoil. Neither of Radley's tackles were this bad, not by a long shot.

How ironic that the difference in policing of the crackdown in club and origin games has cost Radley his opportunity to compete in origin (and make a crust).
                              I agree but can't "like " this statement , because as you say Rads is out for 5 and it sucks !

Comment

Working...
                              X