Diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diving

Just watching the knights/eels game, just like all the other games for the last month.

Diving and neck rubbing is now about 50% of the game. All sides are "coached" to do it, pathetic as it is. Gets you 50 metres and another set of 6.

We are the only side who don't do it, thanks to Robbo's integrity, and the "roosters' way".

With only 50% of our team available, can we afford to keep taking the high moral ground?

The high moral ground has not earned us any kudos with the NRL, the match review committee, the judiciary or the on field refs. We are belted at least as hard by them as any side, if not more.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
    Just watching the knights/eels game, just like all the other games for the last month.

Diving and neck rubbing is now about 50% of the game. All sides are "coached" to do it, pathetic as it is. Gets you 50 metres and another set of 6.

We are the only side who don't do it, thanks to Robbo's integrity, and the "roosters' way".

With only 50% of our team available, can we afford to keep taking the high moral ground?

The high moral ground has not earned us any kudos with the NRL, the match review committee, the judiciary or the on field refs. We are belted at least as hard by them as any side, if not more.

Thoughts?
    One eyed supporters from every other club think the same as what you think but about their team.

Comment

Milka Sivo at it again. He actually put his big head inside the arm of the Knights player so his head would get caught. He does one of those at least one per game. On the Sunday Footy show one of the journos was very concerned about the amount of diving and there you have it. I want to see more diving because I want to see the NRL come up with a penalty for those habitual divers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        One eyed supporters from every other club think the same as what you think but about their team.
        Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Not all sides.

Comment

If a player stays down after contact and either clutches at their neck or head they should be taken off for a mandatory HIA check.

Would solve two issues.

1) The diving and acting currently going on in the game
            2) Stopping the game for an on-field HIA assessment and then stopping the game two tackles later to bring said player who just had an on-field assessment off for a HIA.

Don't leave it up to the club doctors either, put a qualified doctor into the bunker to make the calls and get the ref to send them off the field for their HIA check.

Game is becoming way too stop/start again.

Comment

I think we should go massively over the top with it. Just lay down for everything. Even when there is nothing and it might force the NRL to do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                If a player stays down after contact and either clutches at their neck or head they should be taken off for a mandatory HIA check.

Would solve two issues.

2) Stopping the game for an on-field HIA assessment and then stopping the game two tackles later to bring said player who just had an on-field assessment off for a HIA.

Don't leave it up to the club doctors either, put a qualified doctor into the bunker to make the calls and get the ref to send them off the field for their HIA check.

A good point R6. All this faking of injury has really slowed the game down. There was a half of footy last weekend that went for an hour. I like a sport where they pretend not to be hurt. Old boys must be disgraced by what has become of the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Would solve two issues.

I've heard that 1000 times from a thousand different people. You would think it would at some point get back to PVL but crickets. NFI and that's why the game has gone to shit. Funny how for years rubgy league supporters have been laughing at soccer about diving now rugby league should be embarrassed.

Comment

Just saw the best case of Karma on Read Mahoney. Injured very next play after taking a massive dive .

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                      Just saw the best case of Karma on Read Mahoney. Injured very next play after taking a massive dive .
                      I loved it. Was hoping he tore his pec.

Any player that takes a dive has me deathriding them for the rest of their career.

I hate it so much I don’t really want to watch games anymore. I am sure I’m not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Any player that takes a dive has me deathriding them for the rest of their career.

I hate it so much I don’t really want to watch games anymore. I am sure I’m not the only one.
                        Mate I agree wholeheartedly! I am now so conflicted - I want to watch NRL but I don’t want to watch what the game is becoming under lord V’landys

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I feel exactly the same.
                          I'm almost done with the NRL

Comment

The players are whinging about the rule change / crackdown on one hand and milking penaltys on the other.

The Read Mahoney penalty was the softest late hit, he clearly dived.
                            Then the ref's said it caused whip lash FFS the crackdown should be on divers. Send them for 10 in the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
                              Sorry about that.
                              I had just finished listening to my one eyed Souths supporter mate carrying on to me about how Souths are the only team who dont lie down when I posted.
                              In 2018 he hated Latrell in 2021 he reckons Latrell is better than Teddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X