Josh Hodgson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    According to the hole between your butt cheeks.
    that naut how ya make porridge

Comment

Won’t happen, our Club is better than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

The raiders did have a social media campaign jokingly suggesting that the town should have it's name changed to "John Batemans Bay." Don't think it got much traction...During 2019 the raiders were a disgrace for screaming at the ref, throwing their arms in the air pretending there was am error by the other side, laying down for penalties, and Hodgson and Bateman led the way. No way Hodgson fits in here.

As an aside, Stuart has a house down here 2 minutes from us at Surf Beach. During the off season see him at the local cafe every morning. Much the opposite from his cranky demeanour on TV he's actually a really nice bloke. Goes out of his way to talk to kids, gives everyone the time of day, and will talk footy with anyone.
        Yeh I dont mind him myself after the 2003 GF loss he spent a bit of time talking to a bunch of us when the team got back as we were all trying to get into the club having arrived from the Ground - told us he was proud of us and we were true supporters etc etc - 2004 he did the same thing - Not sure if he is too passionate and full on as a coach searching for perfection in players when that not unachievable?

Comment

The closest he will ever get to the roosters is when he almost signed a few years ago before he went to raiders.

Comment

Hodgson doesn’t suit our attacking style. He likes to pick up the ball and run then pass. We need quick , early ball to Sam W, Keary and Teddy. Hence, Sam V, Freddy and Benny will do fine thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

The raiders did have a social media campaign jokingly suggesting that the town should have it's name changed to "John Batemans Bay." Don't think it got much traction...During 2019 the raiders were a disgrace for screaming at the ref, throwing their arms in the air pretending there was am error by the other side, laying down for penalties, and Hodgson and Bateman led the way. No way Hodgson fits in here.

As an aside, Stuart has a house down here 2 minutes from us at Surf Beach. During the off season see him at the local cafe every morning. Much the opposite from his cranky demeanour on TV he's actually a really nice bloke. Goes out of his way to talk to kids, gives everyone the time of day, and will talk footy with anyone.
              I know that area very well and have stayed there. Beautiful part of the world.

Doesn't surprise me about Ricky, he's a short fuse, has outbursts and is more than a little paranoid - sounds like me! But seems like a nice guy underneath.

When he was with us I became aware he was raising an autistic child and it put things in perspective.

Comment

no from me.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

I know that area very well and have stayed there. Beautiful part of the world.

Doesn't surprise me about Ricky, he's a short fuse, has outbursts and is more than a little paranoid - sounds like me! But seems like a nice guy underneath.

When he was with us I became aware he was raising an autistic child and it put things in perspective.
                  It sure does. What must he think when he hears Tapine's missus whining and bagging him online.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yeh I dont mind him myself after the 2003 GF loss he spent a bit of time talking to a bunch of us when the team got back as we were all trying to get into the club having arrived from the Ground - told us he was proud of us and we were true supporters etc etc - 2004 he did the same thing - Not sure if he is too passionate and full on as a coach searching for perfection in players when that not unachievable?
                    Not sure if many of you remember when he made the team continue to train right up until October even though they didn't make the finals. He was speeding down the streets of Rose Bay very early one morning and nearly ran me over when I was walking to the ferry. I couldn't work out why he was in such a hurry to get to training when we were out of the finals. I used to chat to him quite often though when he lived here and even though he looked like he hadn't slept in months, he'd always be up for a chat. I know always talk about him on here with his whinging and complaining but on the other side of the coin, the Ricky Stuart Foundation has raised thousands of dollars for autism and as an aunt of an autistic child myself, I'm really grateful he and the Raiders do a lot of work that goes unnoticed for the foundation. I was at his very last game in 2006 like many on here I am sure, at the SCG on a Saturday night against St George, and the guy I was with was a Dragons fan. He was amazed at how passionate Ricky was, down on the sidelines, still shouting encouragement at the team. We had led at half time too but had ultimately lost.

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                      Not sure if many of you remember when he made the team continue to train right up until October even though they didn't make the finals. He was speeding down the streets of Rose Bay very early one morning and nearly ran me over when I was walking to the ferry. I couldn't work out why he was in such a hurry to get to training when we were out of the finals. I used to chat to him quite often though when he lived here and even though he looked like he hadn't slept in months, he'd always be up for a chat. I know always talk about him on here with his whinging and complaining but on the other side of the coin, the Ricky Stuart Foundation has raised thousands of dollars for autism and as an aunt of an autistic child myself, I'm really grateful he and the Raiders do a lot of work that goes unnoticed for the foundation. I was at his very last game in 2006 like many on here I am sure, at the SCG on a Saturday night against St George, and the guy I was with was a Dragons fan. He was amazed at how passionate Ricky was, down on the sidelines, still shouting encouragement at the team. We had led at half time too but had ultimately lost.
                      Well said.

Comment

A no from me too.

Nice to read the positive Ricky stories, though.

He wears his heart on his sleeve. So passionate. You could never accuse him of being non-committal. Seems like a decent bloke, especially away from footy.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                          I actually think Ricky Stuart is good value. It takes all types of characters to make rugby league interesting and Stuart is certainly a character.

I love his passion during the game. I also love his straight shooting post match press conferences.Give me Stuart over Bennett any day

In the end he is a Roosters premiership winning coach and as such will always be an important and respected part of the clubs history

Comment

I used to love going back to the club after a game and hearing Ricky speak.
                            Loved his passion.
                            He does need to chill a bit though as he comes across as someone who blames others for his mistakes/losses.
                            My understanding is that when the roosters lost Freddie, the club were happy to go on a slow rebuild phase but Ricky wanted to put his foot to the floor and worked the team harder and that’s where the fall out started.
                            They offered to get Gus back to help him “build” a team but his stubbornness didn’t allow it. At this point in his coaching career he hadn’t built a team so could have used the knowledge from Gus.
                            At his last half at the SCG against the Dragons I thanked him for instilling such steel into the club which we missed prior to his appointment, wished him well and he was very gracious

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
                              I used to love going back to the club after a game and hearing Ricky speak.
                              Loved his passion.
                              He does need to chill a bit though as he comes across as someone who blames others for his mistakes/losses.
                              My understanding is that when the roosters lost Freddie, the club were happy to go on a slow rebuild phase but Ricky wanted to put his foot to the floor and worked the team harder and that’s where the fall out started.
                              They offered to get Gus back to help him “build” a team but his stubbornness didn’t allow it. At this point in his coaching career he hadn’t built a team so could have used the knowledge from Gus.
                              At his last half at the SCG against the Dragons I thanked him for instilling such steel into the club which we missed prior to his appointment, wished him well and he was very gracious
                              I would have done what Ricky did. The bloke got the Chooks to 3 consecutive Grand Finals, he didnt need anyone to help him build a team. First & foremost Ricky loves Rugby League & to me he is good for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I actually think Ricky Stuart is good value. It takes all types of characters to make rugby league interesting and Stuart is certainly a character.

I love his passion during the game. I also love his straight shooting post match press conferences.Give me Stuart over Bennett any day

In the end he is a Roosters premiership winning coach and as such will always be an important and respected part of the clubs history
                                He's the best out of all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X