Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    I would love to see them lose Reynolds.
    It's funny how they go on about how well they treat their juniors.

They don't seem to mind getting rid of them when it suits them.

Pack of hypocrites.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
      Bloody hell Ray you come out with some corkers.

Dont be a hindsight hero.

1. We did not let him go, we offered him 800k to play centre (an outstanding amount for a non spine player) and he turned it down.
      2. Tedesco is a better fullback
      3. He had developed a foul attitude which was not in keeping with Robbos standards. And Robbo tried bloody hard to accommodate his whims despite that.

I would love nothing more than if he stayed, but he was a square peg in a round hole. It was the right decision for him to go and it was the right decision for us to stick to our guns on our offer.
      100% Spot on Steakface, here we are coming to terms with the loss of our Captain courageous and like someone else said ‘Jake is the Roosters Way’ and this guy high jacks Jake’s moment and is heartbroken about a traitor, seriously?!

Comment

....better off without him, he’s still got the bad attitude (that’s why he fits in so well at soufs, particularly with the other bad attitude there - walker).
        He’s a good player, but I believe he’s been over-hyped...he’s not THAT good.
        Sualli will be better.

Go the mighty Chookies

Comment

Originally posted by waverly oval View Post
          Think Dave Brown and Paul McCabe also...wiped us out...and offered Horrie the peninsula .....
          McCabe went to Manly the year before Fulton left us and cleaned out our ranks. I remember Hastings being offered to go over also but such a true gentleman remained a Rooster for life.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

raiders was pretty good

mullins
            nagas
            meninga
            wiki
            nadruku

daley
            stuart

and broncos had some pretty potent backlines too with the likes of

Oneill
            carne
            renouf
            johns
            hancock

walters
            langer

or
            Lockyer
            sailor
            hodges
            caroll
            tuqiri

Great backlines along with the Parra one of the early 80s as Tobin mentioned, ours were certainly up their with the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I lost a lot of sleep when Bob Fulton went back to Manly and over the years took Cleal, Boustead, Gurr, McCabe, Schubert, Ron Gibbs- im having trouble getting to sleep thinking about it now!

I still love Latrell- he is shaping up as a special fullback. However if you asked me who would i take back back between Latrell or RTS its definitely Roger- to play anywhere in the backline or halves. Im glad he is moving to RU too- he deserves to play in a team that has quality players instead of carrying a team of average first graders on his back
              Still the reason I hate Manly , Fulton screwed us for a long period by decimating the team

Comment

Spoke to my uncle in Greece last night he said Latrell is a big muni..thats all
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  It's small consolation but we didn't let him leave. We threw him out.
                  Exactly. The relationship had already soured. Mitchell would have moped around for another couple years with the delusion of being worth an extra $500k. We would have eventually got rid of him anyway, and missed out on other opportunities like signing Suaalii and retaining Chrichton.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

McCabe went to Manly the year before Fulton left us and cleaned out our ranks. I remember Hastings being offered to go over also but such a true gentleman remained a Rooster for life.
                    Manly also tried to take Ray Price, Peter Sterling, Mick Cronin and Brett Kenny as a package deal from Parra. Ray's response was something unprintable on this forum..

Geoff Gerard went over though..

Paul McCabe was always on my schoolbooks..so tall, dark and handsome..sigh.. until he joined the chip stealers along with Kerry Boustead..another of my childhood favourites..
                    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                      Spoke to my uncle in Greece last night he said Latrell is a big muni..thats all
                      Is it true that Latrell likes that fine Greek dish ‘apopiso’?

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
                        I wonder if Rusty has put Latrell in the Book of Fueds....
                        that would be the Book of Foods !

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Is it true that Latrell likes that fine Greek dish ‘apopiso’?
                          Very true goloklifti as well
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I love watching Latrell play...just not for Souths.

I also have a feeling Latrell is going to regress once Bennett leaves.

Say what you will about the guy but he knows how to get the best out of players with external/negative noise around them and Latrell seems to have PLENTY of it.

Look at what he has done with players such as James Roberts and Julian O'Neil before that.

My crystal ball is showing that within 3-5yrs Latrell will have either turned into a BJ Leilua type player or is out of the game altogether farming in Taree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

that would be the Book of Foods !
                              Lol..

The Phonechucker looks like he has eaten Latrell these days.

Comment

I miss him as a centre. That try he scored last night was reminiscent of that position even if isaako just hurdles him wtf?

But as fullback he's boring. Like a 5/8 hiding back there that resents being tackled and throws a good cutout to the winger.

Id rather have and watch teddy,papenhauzen etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X