No announcement yet.

losing Mitchell........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think Dave Brown and Paul McCabe also...wiped us out...and offered Horrie the peninsula .....

Comment

When he is on he is great. But there is a massive difference between his good days and his bad ones - if he wants to become great he needs to close that gap.

IMO he is the worst defensive fullback amongst the top 6 sides. When he does make a tackle his grubbness comes out. I still think he is a better centre than fullback.

The day will come when Suaalii throws Latrine into touch, and we can all sit back and laugh

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
        When he is on he is great. But there is a massive difference between his good days and his bad ones - if he wants to become great he needs to close that gap.

IMO he is the worst defensive fullback amongst the top 6 sides. When he does make a tackle his grubbness comes out. I still think he is a better centre than fullback.

The day will come when Suaalii throws Latrine into touch, and we can all sit back and laugh
        He had been sublime every week this year... a gifted player.
        Very different than the others but just as damaging.
        I enjoy watching him play!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Parra early 80's. One State of Origin they had 2-7 with our Marty Gurr at 1.
          taylor
          grothe
          ella
          cronin
          atkins
          kenny
          sterlo

it's a great backline with 4 of the all time greats but the gap between our 1 and theirs probably puts our 19 team above. if you combined the backlines i'd pick 4 of our guys and 3 of theirs

Comment

Yes it’s sickening seeing him in those colours. It makes me really dislike the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

taylor
              grothe
              ella
              cronin
              atkins
              kenny
              sterlo

it's a great backline with 4 of the all time greats but the gap between our 1 and theirs probably puts our 19 team above. if you combined the backlines i'd pick 4 of our guys and 3 of theirs
              Here's my composite team.

Teddy
              Grothe
              Latrell
              Cronin
              Morris
              Kenny
              Coin toss

So it's 3 each and the toss of a coin between Sterling and Cronk.

Comment

I don't watch Souffs games. Couldn't think of anything worse.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I lost a lot of sleep when Bob Fulton went back to Manly and over the years took Cleal, Boustead, Gurr, McCabe, Schubert, Ron Gibbs- im having trouble getting to sleep thinking about it now!

I still love Latrell- he is shaping up as a special fullback. However if you asked me who would i take back back between Latrell or RTS its definitely Roger- to play anywhere in the backline or halves. Im glad he is moving to RU too- he deserves to play in a team that has quality players instead of carrying a team of average first graders on his back
                  1. Trust me when I tell you Manly's current woes are a joy to me.

2. Sheck and Tohu Harris are the only two Warriors I'd have in my football side.

Comment

He's a great player but could be much better if he didn't go missing in defence .Big loss but for me a bloke like Jake is a much bigger loss.Latrinr is gone get over it

Comment

Up until this year i thought he was a centre....now I have no doubt he is a fullback. He is playing outstanding football, as he did with us. Like others have mentioned, we got 2 Premierships with him here so it's not all a loss. One thing I have no doubt about is, he is the player he is today because of the way the club & Robbo nurtured him, not that he would ever admit it

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Here's my composite team.

Teddy
                        Grothe
                        Latrell
                        Cronin
                        Morris
                        Kenny
                        Coin toss

So it's 3 each and the toss of a coin between Sterling and Cronk.
                        agree on that 7 and i tossed the coin and it came up cronk

Comment

I would love to see them lose Reynolds.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                            can't keep em all.

you look at our backline from 2019 -
                            teddy
                            toops
                            latrell
                            joey
                            bmoz
                            keary
                            cronk
                            and can you think of a better backline that has ever played at club level?
                            raiders was pretty good

mullins
                            nagas
                            meninga
                            wiki
                            nadruku

daley
                            stuart

and broncos had some pretty potent backlines too with the likes of

Oneill
                            carne
                            renouf
                            johns
                            hancock

walters
                            langer

or
                            Lockyer
                            sailor
                            hodges
                            caroll
                            tuqiri

Comment

Latrell will always be a part of the club's history especially playing a pivotal role with the Roosters going back to back and if things were different at the end of 2019 then yeah I wish he would've stayed loyal to us but it's a business and most of us fans support and back the club/team/the jersey which will always be greater than any player past or present. He had his moments of brilliance with us and achieved great success, but he also showed his poor form, laziness and lack of attitude at times as well. He was a great 80 second player but NOT a great 80 minutes player at the best of time. In the end he wanted to play as a Fullback somewhere and "test the market" (chase more money). It’s business as usual and at the rate of young, talented and athletic players coming thru (for example - Joseph Suaalii) there will always be another Latrell or the Next Big Thing coming thru.

The other thing is, and I've seen this from a young age, playing rugba league in Western Sydney (Parramatta - Blacktown - Mt Druitt - St Marys) is that it is somehow strangely entrenched into the default, DNA and fabric of indigenous people to support Souffs. I know the Redfern and its surrounding area had a high population of Indigenous people, but I just don’t get why Souffs to this day is considered as the poster team for Indigenous people thus making young boys (players) following the standard cultural direction of becoming a “Souths fan”. I know Latrell was a product from Taree and his Father played a few games for Souffs back in the early 90s but surely that can’t be the only strong/valid reason or connection to say, “my loyalty is to Souffs’ ??? Now in 2021, the Redfern area has less of an indigenous population and its now full of backpackers, hipsters and other imports but even outside of Sydney, Souffs still hold a massive recognition and the highest amounts of memberships. It’s almost like ever since Russell Crowe, James Packer and those other clowns turn Souffs into a bit of a ‘glamour/celebrity club’ and recruited G.I and the entire Burgess Family … all these bandwagon supporters jumped on Souffs and overnight they became “the heart of the NRL”.

Like the Roosters have had Artie Beatson and the likes of Andrew Walker in the past etc but I rarely see any support from Indigenous people for the Chooks ?… it’s just strange to me as a Roosters fan and rugby league fan in general.

Comment

I wonder if Rusty has put Latrell in the Book of Fueds....I mean every time we play souths all we hear about is the players we took from them.

Id still have Teddy over him at fullback any day of the week

Comment

Working...
                                X