Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake Friend has retired (Not yet official)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish he could have played out the season. Will miss him.

Will never forget how in 2014 he came back after almost dying in the shower from internal bleeding after a game. Only missed a couple of games. That's right up there with The Hitman playing the GF in 2004 with a ruptured testicle. Hard men who earn every cent.
    Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 04-08-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
      That's disgraceful. He lasted half a match.

Comment

Forever OUR Friend ❤

Comment

Congratulation to Jake on a great career and serviceman to the club. All the best on next chapters

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Souffs Vermin are paying the last 3 years of Burgess's contract worth reportedly 3.6 mill over 10 years @ 360k a year.

NRL rules are the salary for the year the player is medically retired/sanctioned retirement is included in the cap but not subsequent years - Inglis "retired" and forfeited the remainder of that years and the next year contract payment so only his off field salary was included in the cap from the date of his retirement for the second half of 2019 and 2020.

So the verms had 300k to spend up to June 30 2019 from Inglis's retirement and 2.1 million in 2020 as a result of Inglis's and Burgess's NRL sanctioned retirements - enabling them to sign Mitchell /Arrow and re-sign Walker and upgrade some others.

2.1 being Burgess's 1.2 mill and Inglis's 900k ( 1 mill less his off field role payment nominally 100k that was included in the cap).
            Thanks for taking the time to clarify. the short answer seems to be that we don’t get any dispensation for the rest of this year, which is what I was interested in because I realise Jake didn’t have a multi-year deal. It seems that there is no relief for an immediate retirement within a season.
            thanks for outlining the process.

Comment

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...m-jake-friend/. Jake makes it official , farewell

Comment

All good things have gotta come to end unfortunately.
                For me I just wanna say thank you Jake for bleeding red, white & blue for the club I love.

Comment

Congratulations to Jake on a wonderful career for the Roosters & i wish him the very best for the future!

Comment

I wish him all the best and I am really pissed off that the club and Jake could not announce this on their terms with dignity instead it was all over the internet first
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

Correct decision. Like i said before, he has achieved it all and more...the game is not worth dying for especially with an complete idiot running the game.

Besides i think a fit Sam V is a better touch footballer than friendy is...some short term pain is needed for long term gain. Time for generation next.,
                      Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                        I wish him all the best and I am really pissed off that the club and Jake could not announce this on their terms with dignity instead it was all over the internet first
                        yeah, but what can you do.
                        jake was terrific in his speech and robbo also good in his presser.
                        the club's going to put on something for him in the home game v broncos

Comment

Working...
                        X