No announcement yet.

JT to Roosters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If these rule stay in place you will need your forwards to play longer minutes and under fatigue so the bigger players may need to shed some bulk and be more mobile and agile.

Could only play him in short bursts 15 to 20 minutes max each half. Be a liability in defence when fatigued otherwise.

His 10 mill 10 year contract expires in 2027.
    Last edited by King Salvo; 04-07-2021, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
      Are we going to pay him a million per year for the next five years? It would be amazing to have him, but this sounds like a fantasy.
      You'd need to... minimum. Doubt we could afford him but obviously any club would love to have him.

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      If these rule stay in place you will need your forwards to play longer minutes and under fatigue so the bigger players may need to shed some bulk and be more mobile and agile.

Could only play him in short bursts 15 to 20 minutes max each half. Be a liability in defence when fatigued otherwise.

His 10 mill 10 year contract expires in 2027.
      I think guys like Taumalolo and Papalii play smart coz they play close to 80 minutes without shedding any weight.

Previously I've called them lazy. However, they get big metres and have the positional play to be a constant threat (even if they are just walking up in the line).

IMO there's an art to playing big minutes as a big man. It can be done quite effectively...
      Last edited by ism22; 04-07-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

No, no, no. We must use any available funds to buy Reynolds and then let him play only for the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post
          No, no, no. We must use any available funds to buy Reynolds and then let him play only for the Bears.
          When the official profile of the halfback they're grooming to replace Adam Reynolds reads like this: "A steadying influence on any team, he’s a cool, calm and collected halfback in the mould of team mate Adam Reynolds", you can see why Reynolds is for the chop.

Comment

Buddy Franklin - Sydney Swans - 10 million 9 year contract which expires in 2022.

2019 - 10 games
            2020- 0 games
            2021- 1 game from 3 so far - looks like he will play every second week or so
            Manly are stuck with Cherry - Evans for the remainder of his contract and his good games are getting fewer and farther between.
            I know your a baseball fan Salvo and some of those long contracts in MLB have not been value for money at all.

Comment

Very expensive. I cannot see it happening.
              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Manly are stuck with Cherry - Evans for the remainder of his contract and his good games are getting fewer and farther between.
                I know your a baseball fan Salvo and some of those long contracts in MLB have not been value for money at all.
                Rich picking when baseballer's become free agents and worse still for the franchises when the player works outs to be a dud buy. - there was one pitcher who signed a 7 year 130 million contract and started in only 13 games in his one and only year with that franchise in Major League (signed from another franchise as a free agent)- Had an era of 8.39 from those 13 starts- was sent back to AAA then demoted to AA even when his ERA reached double figures - They ended up buying out his contract. - i think he received 80 mill as a pay out.

ERA is the average of earned runs given up by a pitcher per nine innings pitched- you want starting pitches to have an ERA of around 2 to 4 tops in those leagues

The pathway to Major league baseball in America is Rookie League - Single A - Double A - Triple A then Major League.

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-08-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Rich picking when baseballer's become free agents and worse still for the franchises when the player works outs to be a dud buy. - there was one pitcher who signed a 7 year 130 million contract and started in only 13 games in his one and only year with that franchise in Major League (signed from another franchise as a free agent)- Had an era of 8.39 from those 13 starts- was sent back to AAA then demoted to AA even when his ERA reached double figures - They ended up buying out his contract. - i think he received 80 mill as a pay out.

ERA is the average of earned runs given up by a pitcher per nine innings pitched- you want starting pitches to have an ERA of around 2 to 4 tops

The pathway to Major league baseball in America is Rookie League - Single A - Double A - Triple A then Major League.

What was your era with the mighty Campbelltown Ghosts in the Sydney Major League, Salvo?

Comment

I direct people towards the formerly great Jacoby Ellsbury, who was on the Yankees roster and their I/L list similtaneously in 2018/2019.

On March 19, 2018, the Yankees announced that Ellsbury would not be ready for Opening Day due to a right oblique strain. On April 3, it was revealed that Ellsbury had been diagnosed with a hip ailment. On August 6, he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip and was declared to be out for the rest of the 2018 season.

Ellsbury began the 2019 year on the 10-day injured list due to a foot injury. On April 20, he was transferred to the 60-day injured list. It was revealed that he was dealing with plantar fasciitis and a shoulder injury. On September 8, the Yankees ruled Ellsbury out for the season.

Ellsbury was released by the Yankees on November 20, 2019

Comment

To be fair, I think DCE's consistently good. However, the team around him's garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Rooster View Post

What was your era with the mighty Campbelltown Ghosts in the Sydney Major League, Salvo?
                        Hi G how's things in the Country - yeh those were the days the old ground at Woodlands road then the Move to Gilchrist Reserve with a new name Macathur Colts.

Now they are the Macarthur Orioles after Merging with Auburn Orioles- Pretty Good field now Gilchrist as they spent some money on it - Proper Lights for night games and proper dugouts and batting cages and relief pitching areas etc.- Been to a few games to watch a few innings when passing by on the way back from the shopping centre

Oriole stadium and the Baseball club at Auburn are no more both pulled down - made the area into an open space park

Not sure about ERA's I think around 4 to 5 or so on average as we used to receive stats on it but less when Pitching for the Mighty Dapto Chiefs especially against Thirroul Pirates in the Illawarra winter League though

The old house is gone from Woodlands road- now proper change rooms and work on ground to fix the outfield- they play junior ball there and local seniors comps there

Anyway nice to hear from you and hope all is good family/work wise.

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-08-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

I direct people towards the formerly great Jacoby Ellsbury, who was on the Yankees roster and their I/L list similtaneously in 2018/2019.

On March 19, 2018, the Yankees announced that Ellsbury would not be ready for Opening Day due to a right oblique strain. On April 3, it was revealed that Ellsbury had been diagnosed with a hip ailment. On August 6, he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip and was declared to be out for the rest of the 2018 season.

Ellsbury began the 2019 year on the 10-day injured list due to a foot injury. On April 20, he was transferred to the 60-day injured list. It was revealed that he was dealing with plantar fasciitis and a shoulder injury. On September 8, the Yankees ruled Ellsbury out for the season.

Ellsbury was released by the Yankees on November 20, 2019
                          he did appear in one game as a pinch runner though - so technically kind of 1 game - stretching it though.

Ellsbury has not even been a part of the team since November 20, 2019. He was released from the Yankees, who later attempted to void his contract by claiming that he had violated its terms by receiving outside treatment for his ongoing injury woes without team permission.

Naturally, the Major League Baseball Player’s Association appealed, claiming that New York was trying to make his contract non-guaranteed after the fact. The arbiters sided with Ellsbury, making him the second highest paid player in the game in 2020 as he had been released before the epidemic had caused those contracts to become prorated.

The Yankees have paid Jacoby Ellsbury $63,428,571 since he played his last MLB game. The “good news” is they only owe him another $5,000,000 this year for the buyout of his contract. $68 million for zero games played.

Interesting to note he was originally signed on a seven year, $153 million deal.- The old Yankees have more dollars than sense.

Not even George Costanza could get a job like Ellsbury's at the Yankees- he had to show up at least to get paid as per his employee contract when not doing any work

https://calltothepen.com/2021/03/21/...coby-ellsbury/
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 04-09-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

To be fair, I think DCE's consistently good. However, the team around him's garbage.
                            Beg to differ Izzy but to me the difference in the great halfbacks like Cronk and Thurston is that they were so consistent. They were always a 7 or 8 out of 10 each week.
                            Cherry - Evans on the other hand is an 8 or a 3. Too big a gap between his good and bad games.

Comment

Beg to differ Izzy but to me the difference in the great halfbacks like Cronk and Thurston is that they were so consistent. They were always a 7 or 8 out of 10 each week.
                              Cherry - Evans on the other hand is an 8 or a 3. Too big a gap between his good and bad games.
                              Put Cherry in the Roosters Souths Melbourne or Penrith team & he would be 8 out of 10 nearly every week.
                              All them guys you mentioned were in top teams.

Comment

The Yankees have paid Jacoby Ellsbury $63,428,571 since he played his last MLB game. The “good news” is they only owe him another $5,000,000 this year for the buyout of his contract. $68 million for zero games played.

Interesting to note he was originally signed on a seven year, $153 million deal.- The old Yankees have more dollars than sense.

Not even George Costanza could get a job like Ellsbury's at the Yankees- he had to show up at least to get paid as per his employee contract

https://calltothepen.com/2021/03/21/...coby-ellsbury/
                                That contract is listed as one of the worst in MLB history. Much like David Wright at the Mets, he was living on his reputation for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X