Season Back On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

Congratulations to Walker. It’s great to see the new debutants but we have only proven that we can beat lower sides. Proud of our effort but don’t think we are in the same league as Penrith, Storm, Souths, Canberra snd eels and we struggled a hell of a lot against the warriors and were very rusty. They played so bad it made us look good but we were terrible in many parts too. In both attack and defense I don’t believe we can match the top teams this year.
    I think your blind! With all players back we have the best team! Add verills, Boyd , Adam Keighran and collins WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE

Comment

We won the middle this week. Rads was a big part of this. Verills or Friend will help with this in the future, as will Collins.
      Walker had a great debut, if we keep winning the middle he can do his thing.
      I think Robbo would have focused on winning the middle. Against the Rabbits we got beat in the middle and went wide too early - we fixed that this week.

Comment

Some on here have no idea. Hutcho played well and complimented young Walker. Bet there are a few culprits dirty he played well and want Flanno back lol. Muppets!
        Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

The thing now is to back up this performance and improve on the performance as individuals and as a team. Maybe missing 1 or 2 players next game - Sitili concussion and B Morris calf - Collins and Fifita back -Walker looked like he picked up a left shoulder injury as well.

Not sure why people are still posting negative things though as it will be a week to week proposition. Only look as far as the next game not mid year or end of year or if they can compete against this or that team - cross that bridge when they come to it.

The negative nellies raised the white flag in any case.- season over they claimed

You don't need to have a team of stars to win you just need a star team.

Played strong, done fine as Big Jack Gibson would say about the performance.

Another Big Jack Gibson quote to keep in mind.

To win a championship, you've got to have a nucleus of five or six real tough, hard competitors. To win anything, the team's got to think tough and that infiltrates into the individual. You've got to have a tough leader.

The Chooks against Souffs Vermin tried to play Suit and Tie Footy when overall footy was required - overall footy is what will be required each week. No I in team.

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-05-2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Let’s be honest, the season was done! We all want Walker to be the messiah and he might be, but fook that was a cracking game

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I thought he was going to trip in the Kurt Sherlock tradition.
              I also expected a face plant! Amusing either way.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post

I also expected a face plant! Amusing either way.
                Lol I couldn't back him from 10 metres out, happy for him he got therein the end

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Agree 100%. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.
                  You rasied the white flag though - you have it at half mast now i suppose ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                    Some on here have no idea. Hutcho played well and complimented young Walker. Bet there are a few culprits dirty he played well and want Flanno back lol. Muppets!
                    Your right the Statler and Waldorf mob are muppet's - Hutch is their new whipping boy since Lam is injured - we should all remember how they raised the white flag though - season over and all that
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 04-05-2021, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                      Haha have to love the highs and lows of this forum - good win! It will upset a lot of those who were death-riding our own team and Walker

up the chooks
                      The white flaggers are death riding the team - season over and all that - they are as rock solid as liquid water

Comment

How quickly injuries can turn your season upside down. Last week it was us....today it was Newcastle- and its only rd 4. Theres a few twists & turns to come.

Hutchinson played well today. Id say Robbo put him in at 5/8 for his left foot kicking game- not to put the kicking responsibility on a halfback playing his first game in the top grade. For mine he is a back-rower and his versatility will come in handy, but Manu is the best option for 5/8. Every time Manu has filled in at fullback his passing game has been in a highlight. I dont know where Suaali is at but him in the centres with Manu at pivot has attacking potential.

Comment

Our injuries are not ideal but have created a new opportunity because their is no other way. Last season showed the exhaustion side effect of an ageing team - perhaps some of these injuries have forced our hand to promote our best young talent earlier than expected but we can make something out of this - exciting to see our young stars develop while still having the experienced guys around in the team.

There is no better way to introduce players like Walker and Suaalii when you have exceptional players such as the Morris boys around to set an example in all areas of their approach to every game. Mix that with the quality coaching, past legends around (Cronk, SBW) and guidance from current injured still in the squad (Friend, Cordner, Keary), other other experienced leaders on the field such as JWH, SST - and having freaks like rads and Teddy makes things very exciting despite the recent set backs.

Maybe (maybe not) this is what we needed to get back to the top - it will definitely put these young guys in a lot better spot for the next coming years with this experience. Players like Walker are only going to get better and better with confidence/experience. Huge challenge but they are surrounded by quality seasoned legends and multi premiership winners.

This is a transition period but we have the talent to keep us being a top club - the next gen

Comment

Have you tried turning this season off and on again?
                            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The white flaggers are death riding the team - season over and all that - they are as rock solid as liquid water
                              The sheer irony.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

Congratulations to Walker. It’s great to see the new debutants but we have only proven that we can beat lower sides. Proud of our effort but don’t think we are in the same league as Penrith, Storm, Souths, Canberra snd eels and we struggled a hell of a lot against the warriors and were very rusty. They played so bad it made us look good but we were terrible in many parts too. In both attack and defense I don’t believe we can match the top teams this year.
                                Warriors beat Canberra, just saying...

Also, Souffs beat us by 1 try (and lost the second half) despite having all the possession, a 12-2 count against us (really 12-0 given the timing) and us having no bench thanks to all the injuries.

We've already grown since the Souffs game. Easts are in this!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X