Robbo & Mark Bouris Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Presumably he had visions of Robin Hood and his merry men.
    i think he had visions of getting royally drunk but if you saw a couple of spivs guarding hot whisky you'd want to be careful

Comment

[QUOTE=redwhiteblue;n864324]
      Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post

There is no first class on domestic flights, only business class.
      Does he realise I can't see what he writes unless someone quotes him, what a goose

Comment

Are you now getting the same quote result that I get RWB? Or have I set a cool new trend in quoting?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

His kids went to Cranbrook... I've taught them and have nothing bad to say about him or his kids. If anything they were young larrikins who were great value.
          Mate know the family a bit and not sure about all the kids but eldest Dane definitely went to Scots.
          One of the younger ones left Scots for Waverley, Mark wanted to toughen him up, yet he couldn’t handle it and left.. maybe that’s the one that ended up at Cranbrook.

Comment

All kids are Roosters tragic’s though like their Dad which is the main thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

Mate know the family a bit and not sure about all the kids but eldest Dane definitely went to Scots.
              One of the younger ones left Scots for Waverley, Mark wanted to toughen him up, yet he couldn’t handle it and left.. maybe that’s the one that ended up at Cranbrook.
              A quick web search suggests that's the case (Nick went to Scots then transferred to Cranbrook for the later years).

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
              All kids are Roosters tragic’s though like their Dad which is the main thing.
              Sounds like they turned out well then
              Last edited by ism22; 02-21-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Great viewing, thanks for the link. Our club is in good hands and you get the feeling if Trent ever decides he doesn't want to coach anymore, you'd be comfortable with him being at the helm running the club. His knowledge and sense of history of our club is astounding, Ive never heard anyone from our club publicly talk about our heritage and history the way Trent does.

Funny thing though, if you were told to watch this interview between two blokes chatting on a couch, where one guy is clean shaven dressed in a full on suit and nice shoes, the other guy unshaven dressed in t shirt, jeans and runners .....who do you think theyd assume is the successful multi millionaire businessman and who is the rugby league coach ?
                Last edited by Hawkeye; 02-21-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Great listen.
                  Victor gives me his opinion...whether I ask for it or not..
                  Teddy and Keary being groomed as the next leaders.
                  Glad he asked the boys about who should play 7 if no Cronk. The thought of throwing Lattrel or Joey into that role in a GF is terrifying.

Comment

Robbo to become a director for france rugby league! Good stuff boss

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                      I did some business with Mark Bouris in the early to mid 90's when we were both based in Double Bay. We had a laugh at being Roosters supporters even though i went to Bankstown Boys high and he went to Punchbowl Boys high. He wasn't well known back then nor was he on the board of directors.

I remember him as being a real nice guy and very down to earth. I hope he hasn't changed
                      In ‘79 I changed schools to finish my HSC from Nepean High to Bankstown Boys, then in ‘81 I did 4 weeks as a student teacher at Punchbowl Boys and took over some of Barry Ross classes. He was the sideline commentator with Rex Mossop back then. Were you one of my students by any chance LOL?

Comment

"If you can bear to hear the truths you've spoken,
                        Twisted by knaves as a trap for fools..."

Reminds me of this joint.

But thanks so much Chookmaster....insightful stuff. The talk into energy and spirituality was compelling from this great mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          "If you can bear to hear the truths you've spoken,
                          Twisted by knaves as a trap for fools..."

Reminds me of this joint.

But thanks so much Chookmaster....insightful stuff. The talk into energy and spirituality was compelling from this great mind.
                          are you the one speaking truths and those you disagree with the knaves?

did pilate have a point when he asked - what is truth?
                          is there one truth?
                          personally i think there is one truth but it's complex and i don't always know what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                            Great viewing, thanks for the link. Our club is in good hands and you get the feeling if Trent ever decides he doesn't want to coach anymore, you'd be comfortable with him being at the helm running the club. His knowledge and sense of history of our club is astounding, Ive never heard anyone from our club publicly talk about our heritage and history the way Trent does.

Funny thing though, if you were told to watch this interview between two blokes chatting on a couch, where one guy is clean shaven dressed in a full on suit and nice shoes, the other guy unshaven dressed in t shirt, jeans and runners .....who do you think theyd assume is the successful multi millionaire businessman and who is the rugby league coach ?
                            Bouris has that visionary, Steve Jobs kinda look about his style. He looks like he's about to say 'love... that's the sorta cr@ppy Porsche that dentists drive, my 550 Spyder's with the valet'. Whereas, Robbo's dressed more like a manager/advisor (TBH he needs a better fitting suit, c'mon Robbo ya dag!)

Oh and that's not a pair or old Levis, a Bonds shirt and a POS pair of old runners (which is my look). The (brand new, shiny) sneakers are probably like $3k and the kit's probably all from some $$$ designer
                            Last edited by ism22; 02-23-2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
                              Great listen.
                              Victor gives me his opinion...whether I ask for it or not..
                              Teddy and Keary being groomed as the next leaders.
                              Glad he asked the boys about who should play 7 if no Cronk. The thought of throwing Lattrel or Joey into that role in a GF is terrifying.
                              Robbo spoke about Manu and Latrell’s role after we won 2018 gf, he said they would have had license to roam rather then being the 7, sort of like a five eight/centre hybrid.

I don’t know if it would have worked but it certainly would have been intriguing.

Comment

The best interview of any description I have seen for a long time.
                                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                                X