Contemplating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Original Stumpy View Post

You asking Trewhella to "piss off" from the forum is tantamount to the Reggies coach asking Uncle Nick to leave the Boardroom. Just saying.
    Not really, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
      Craig Bellamy as a coach has a remarkable coaching CV especially with the Storm and arguably the Storm has been one of the if not the most consistent, dominant threat/contender for over a decade in ever season.

But one thing that I will always show bias towards the Sydney Roosters and Trent Robinson over Bellamy and the Storm is:

The Melbourne Storm salary cap breach which resulted in the NRL stripping the Storm of all honours achieved as a team between 2006 and 2010 which included the 2007 and 2009 premierships and 2006, 2007 and 2008 minor premierships plus the 2010 World Club Challenge title as well.... *enough said*

I don’t care who you are… Club, Coach or Captain … if you rort the system (individually or collectively) and get caught and have penalties/sanctions imposed then that sh*t stain will always be a part of your history/record and profile and that is the difference which I think puts Robbo and the Roosters sitting over Bellamy and the Storm.

Only my personal (slightly bias) opinion
      yeah - they now talk about him winning gfs in those years rather than premierships but the truth is they still don't count. that said not every coach would have made 4 gfs with that team and not every coach would have bounced back so consistently and successfully.
      bellamy and robbo have diff personalities and diff strengths. i like them both but wouldn't swap robbo for anyone

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
        I feel like I shouldn’t contribute these days
        For many reasons,
        besides passion, besides boredom, besides ignorance.......my love for the roosters is like a drug I can’t kick

it’s like an existential crisis.......what is the point of writing here any more.
        I’m so bored reading with what is written.

however,
        this year I’m half interested because of the unknown........

The coach is vulnerable
        The squad faces questions on hunger
        The amazing benefactor gets one year older........and we can’t rely on him forever
        You take yourself and your opinion too seriously man. Of course it is all meaningless but what else is there? Go Easts.

Comment

Lifeline 131114
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

You take yourself and your opinion too seriously man. Of course it is all meaningless but what else is there? Go Easts.

if you know me better, you would know that I find this thread mildly amusing.

touché Vasco.

stumpy hello mate.
            How is life treating you my old friend?
            we need a roosters thread starting with a ..........
            like name a roosters team with best moustaches...

barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Rocket working the Hitler

Comment

"Originally posted by Rented Tracksuit"

If only there was a world class centre around who wasn't deeply religious hey?

I am with you on this one, Tracksuit.
                  Personally, I love to see the best footballers turn out on the field, irrespective of their religious, political , cultural, or other beliefs, because their beliefs have nothing to do with their footy.
                  Unfortunately, political correctness now is the top priority for every organization that is around - simply because you can't afford the social backlash from saying/ doing something that will offend someone.
                  So In this case the best centre is out of bounds for the Roosters. Even though I'd say that I would love to see him playing for the tricolours.
                  The other problem is that he would cost lots of $ - no way could we fit him in our salary cap, with the talent we already have at our disposal.

Comment

Suaalii could be our Izzy.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

If only there was a world class centre around who wasn't deeply religious hey?
                      In breaking news, Izzy's lawyer has met with the NRL, and they have agreed that if Izzy will agree to bash his wife, and then assault the cops who come to arrest him, he can play NRL this year, as long as he says all gays will go to heaven as he is being put in the paddy wagon. I would love us to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Suaalii could be our Izzy.
                        Or we could just let the young man be free to be himself and develop his own style without comparing him to someone else who really has nothing to do with Easts at all.
                        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

In breaking news, Izzy's lawyer has met with the NRL, and they have agreed that if Izzy will agree to bash his wife, and then assault the cops who come to arrest him, he can play NRL this year, as long as he says all gays will go to heaven as he is being put in the paddy wagon. I would love us to sign him.
                          Made me laugh.

Comment

Maybe recent success has lead to complacency and indifference.

Maybe we need another 2016 year? Or Brett Finch to replace Robinson as coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              Made me laugh.
                              Only cause he mentioned gays!
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                                Maybe recent success has lead to complacency and indifference.

Maybe we need another 2016 year? Or Brett Finch to replace Robinson as coach?
                                I would rather nail my foreskin to an airplane propeller.
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X