No announcement yet.

Contemplating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbo is not as relentless as some other coaches......I'd say that's definitely true - in so far as he refuses to degrade himself, the club and the game by employing such tactics as laying down for penalties.

Some coaches base their game around drawing dodgy penalties. And with some "success". 2014 for instance.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddo Colt 61;n863746][QUOTE=Jacks Fur Coat: If we are a souffle looking at our achievements this century, Souths must be more of a plum duff....minus the plums.

Souths weren't mentioned - not in the resilient category - but anyway....

By the way Salvo I haven't seen mention of Volkman in any of the team listings. I know that you're a fan, do you have any mail?

[/QUOTE]

All i know is that Volkman was train and trial with the NRL squad and apparently has been training well - I think with Cords being out it has thrown a spanner in the works for candidates for the last 2 top 30 spots - Whoever they sign or promote to cover for Cords will need to be a backrower and will be player 29 leaving only 1 spot available in the 30 player squad.

I Figure Volkman would be at very long odds now for a top 30 spot but with 2 development spots available he would be under strong consideration for one of these.

Comment

Is Trewhella going through man-opause?

Speaking of existential crises, what has become of our resident Tory, Bondi Boy?

Has he morphed into his antipode, the very progressive Paddo Colt 61?

Comment

I reckon they’re all Johnny’s alters
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I bet you knew you were going to get these responses eh trew?

I hear you.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
              I reckon they’re all Johnny’s alters
              Feel free to check my antecedents. I have one account.

Regarding the club itself, the Roosters do not have a recognised halfback, their best forward is 33, their best second rower is on medical leave, his heir apparent is coming back from an ACL injury and they do not have a 80 minute 80%+ goal kicker.

But other than that, they're premiership contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                Robbo is not as relentless as some other coaches......I'd say that's definitely true - in so far as he refuses to degrade himself, the club and the game by employing such tactics as laying down for penalties.

Some coaches base their game around drawing dodgy penalties. And with some "success". 2014 for instance.
                2014 should be wiped from the record books. Actually, it did set some new records... most dives and the team that received the most penalties throughout the season in the history of the game!

Where have they been since? They had their Centrelink premiership. Waiting another 43 years now!
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                  Is Trewhella going through man-opause?

Speaking of existential crises, what has become of our resident Tory, Bondi Boy?

Has he morphed into his antipode, the very progressive Paddo Colt 61?
                  Strange for such an active poster to go so quiet overnight. I genuinely hope he is ok.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Feel free to check my antecedents. I have one account.

Regarding the club itself, the Roosters do not have a recognised halfback, their best forward is 33, their best second rower is on medical leave, his heir apparent is coming back from an ACL injury and they do not have a 80 minute 80%+ goal kicker.

But other than that, they're premiership contenders.

Plenty of things have to go very right for Roosters to have a good season. We need an 80% goal kicker for a start, and we need Keary's partner in the halves to stand up big time, I doubt Lam has the capacity, so either Walker, Or Keighran, which are both unproven. the Morris boys have to survive another season, losing Smith is a blow, Suuali has to be a revelation. The forwards will need rotation, JWH has been a warrior, as TKO, but injury to either will hurt badly. Boyd will be a huge loss, Friend and Verrills need to share the hooking role, Friend can't play 80 minutes. Rads and Verrills coming back from ACL/s, Fafita needs to step up, there will be a lot of pressure on him. In summary I think we are light on in the halves, forwards and centres, and will need a lot of luck to make top 4, very slim chance of winning the comp unless Walker, Suuali and Fafita have huge years.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Plenty of things have to go very right for Roosters to have a good season. We need an 80% goal kicker for a start, and we need Keary's partner in the halves to stand up big time, I doubt Lam has the capacity, so either Walker, Or Keighran, which are both unproven. the Morris boys have to survive another season, losing Smith is a blow, Suuali has to be a revelation. The forwards will need rotation, JWH has been a warrior, as TKO, but injury to either will hurt badly. Boyd will be a huge loss, Friend and Verrills need to share the hooking role, Friend can't play 80 minutes. Rads and Verrills coming back from ACL/s, Fafita needs to step up, there will be a lot of pressure on him. In summary I think we are light on in the halves, forwards and centres, and will need a lot of luck to make top 4, very slim chance of winning the comp unless Walker, Suuali and Fafita have huge years.
                      If only there was a world class centre around who wasn't deeply religious hey?
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Nothing wrong with bringing up negatives Trewella.

Likewise, I think 2021 will be quite a challenging year for us. I still expect us to edge into the 8, however I believe it'll be the first year since 2016 where we won't be raging favourites for a premiership, GF, or necessarily a prelim final for that matter.

However - despite the tough year ahead, I have total confidence in Robbo.

His record speaks volumes.

Comment

I’m quite OK tracksuit.
                          thank you for the concern.

it’s just nice to connect with the lads.
                          roosterfarian knows me too well........I am to old to have a legitimate meaning of life crisis.

im not that active a poster these days either.

I guess I’m bored with footy .......and how vanilla the forum has become in comparison to how it used to function.
                          so many laughs......
                          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm on board with your reflections as usual Trew me ol' mucka.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

seriously mate , piss off, the coach is vulnerable ? the squad faces question on hunger , stop being an attention seeking dick.
                              You asking Trewhella to "piss off" from the forum is tantamount to the Reggies coach asking Uncle Nick to leave the Boardroom. Just saying.

Comment

Craig Bellamy as a coach has a remarkable coaching CV especially with the Storm and arguably the Storm have been one of the if not the most consistent, dominant threat/contender for over a decade in every season.

But one thing that I will always show bias towards the Sydney Roosters and Trent Robinson over Bellamy and the Storm is:

The Melbourne Storm salary cap breach which resulted in the NRL stripping the Storm of all honours achieved as a team between 2006 and 2010 which included the 2007 and 2009 premierships and 2006, 2007 and 2008 minor premierships plus the 2010 World Club Challenge title as well.... *enough said*

I don’t care who you are… Club, Coach or Captain … if you rort the system (individually or collectively) and get caught and have penalties/sanctions imposed then that sh*t stain will always be a part of your history/record and profile and that is the difference which I think puts Robbo and the Roosters sitting over Bellamy and the Storm.

Only my personal (slightly bias) opinion
                                Last edited by DP1990; 02-18-2021, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X