Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how many closeted gays play in the NRL and are too afraid to out themselves? I wonder why it took Ian Thorpe so long to come out?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
      I wonder how many closeted gays play in the NRL and are too afraid to out themselves? I wonder why it took Ian Thorpe so long to come out?
      I'm sure there are quite a few and I am also sure it doesn't affect their playing ability just like Izzy's views don't affect his.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I'm sure there are quite a few and I am also sure it doesn't affect their playing ability just like Izzy's views don't affect his.
        Of course it doesn't affect their playing ability. But you miss my point.

Comment

Of course it doesn't affect their playing ability. But you miss my point.
          Not missing your point at all champ. Just adding something extra.
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Do you mean Ian Roberts by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yep he's the only one I know of so he must be the only gay NRL player ever.

Comment

Why would anyone want Folau anyway? He was rubbish in the superleague, 5 tries in 15 games against rubbish teams. His defence was poor too, any top side in the NRL would go right through him, he's past it for top flight rugby league.

But also he's a homophobe and as far as I'm concerned every homophobe is an absolute dog

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

No Salvo sorry I misunderstood your message. I did mean Ian Thorpe. I know he's a swimmer but the same point applies. Why did it take him so long to come out?

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Not missing your point at all champ. Just adding something extra.
                    While deflecting my question. And I wish I was a champ but unfortunately I have no particular sporting skills or prowess.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

These are literally your words:

because they think everyone should agree with their lifestyle

You are so totally full of shit.
                      Listen , I have an opinion that a mans career should not be destroyed because he has religious views about ANYTHING, I believe he has a right to those views and should be able to express them. The religions of Islam and Catholicism and others still regard homosexual activity as sinful. So the majority of people of those religions have just as much right to their beliefs as do any other section of society. I personally could care less what Folau believes or what any gay person thinks. I presented my opinion in a factual way without insulting anyone, you on the other hand started throwing insults around. So grow up and try to act like an adult.

Comment

Most don't give a toss about it but get annoyed when people come out and expect to be treated as someone special as a result- I know people who voted yes to SSM not that they agree with the lifestyle choices etc only that they felt it would go on and on and on when there are more pressing issues that should be dealt with - matters such as the economy for instance.

Did the Sky fall down since SSM became legal - No - Did the Australian economy floursish as a result of SSM becoming legal - No.- Nothing changed

I don't know yet if there is a God or Superior being but what i would like to know is how were the universes formed (before planets and big bangs etc occurred) if there is this God or Superior being did they have parents/grandparents/brothers/sisters/aunts and uncles etc.

They must have come from somewhere - or they just appeared out of nowhere these Gods or Superior beings- not withstanding how fish moved from water to land and involved into Amphibians/ Reptiles/Dinosaurs etc and Humans of the different sorts how they came to be- just appeared as well?
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 02-05-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Admin please close the thread it’s getting nasty.
                          Agreed. Let's stick to the footy!

I think we've heard the main proponents' common argument at least 10 times in this thread alone.

If somebody on one hand wants to ban Latrell from Origin after he took a stance against racism/inequality and on the other hand becomes a 5+ page (multiple thread) loud voice for 'freedom of speech' whenever somebody does a filler argument about a tainted yawnion player (who has had multiple incidents since the original tweet BTW - people stopped counting/caring) then go figure. The substance of their agenda isn't about free speech and equality...

From an Easts perspective I don't think we're in the market for a winger no matter who they are. We've got the world's best FB, an Origin winger, two ex-Kangaroos outside backs, a NZ rep centre and a bloke who most observers would agree has a long, spectacular rep career ahead of him.

Personally, I've paid up my family's Easts membership for 2021. If people instead wanna donate 10% or more of their salary to a fringe religious cult so they can listen to a guy mutter about how he thinks gays will burn in hell (rather than the mainstream messaging of 'God loves everybody... we are all sinner so don't point fingers at each other, LOVE each other... so long as you embrace God, he'll welcome you to his family') then they're free to do so. Nobody's stopping you. If you disagree with the NRL's strategic direction of showing us footy rather than the Israel Folau Show then you don't have to watch it. That simple.

Hey maybe instead of the footy I'll wake up at 3am on Subday, turn on my TV and crack open some beers while watching some Pentecostal 'pastor' go on a rant. Lemme guess... the global left-wing conspiracy has silenced these people by subordinating them to 3am Sunday time slots rather than prime viewing hours? Or maybe... most people prefer the footy and the NRL's strategically decided not to follow their business model for good reason?
                          Last edited by ism22; 02-05-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                            Why would anyone want Folau anyway? He was rubbish in the superleague, 5 tries in 15 games against rubbish teams. His defence was poor too, any top side in the NRL would go right through him, he's past it for top flight rugby league.

But also he's a homophobe and as far as I'm concerned every homophobe is an absolute dog
                            So because someone doesn't agree with a homosexuals lifestyle makes them a dog? Mmmmmm ok. You don't agree with their right to disagree with homosexuals, what does that make you?
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

While deflecting my question. And I wish I was a champ but unfortunately I have no particular sporting skills or prowess.
                              Neither do I! lol
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                                Listen , I have an opinion that a mans career should not be destroyed because he has religious views about ANYTHING, I believe he has a right to those views and should be able to express them. The religions of Islam and Catholicism and others still regard homosexual activity as sinful. So the majority of people of those religions have just as much right to their beliefs as do any other section of society. I personally could care less what Folau believes or what any gay person thinks. I presented my opinion in a factual way without insulting anyone, you on the other hand started throwing insults around. So grow up and try to act like an adult.
                                The cancel culture loves to label but wont be labelled. If you call them out, you are every name under the sun!
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X