2021 NRL Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oso View Post

20,000 is too small for a city stadium. Not enough good seats along the sides for the fans.. The chookpen in old Allianz was good size, so too was the area for season ticket holders.
    Who wants to sit at the corners and at the ends.
    20,000 seats along the sides is ideal. SCG is bad view for watching NRL.
    25, 000 should be a minimum, 25, 000-30,000 capacity for a city/ suburban ground if the space is there when they upgrade some of the grounds. Anything under 22,000 capacity would be a complete waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by oso View Post

20,000 is too small for a city stadium. Not enough good seats along the sides for the fans.. The chookpen in old Allianz was good size, so too was the area for season ticket holders.
      Who wants to sit at the corners and at the ends.
      20,000 seats along the sides is ideal. SCG is bad view for watching NRL.
      the only games we get more than 20 000 are the anzac game and maybe semis.
      everyone would be close to the action and the atmosphere would be electric with close to a full house most games. might encourage more people to become season ticket holders.

Comment

Need a good start next season as there wont be any excuses for a slow start since they were eliminated in week 2 of the finals and of course no WCC - I suppose the SOO players wont be back to training until early January - no word on Cords though

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

everyone would be close to the action and the atmosphere would be electric with close to a full house most games. might encourage more people to become season ticket holders.
          Agreed, I’m on that side too. And if crowd avg did increase to 20k or memberships increase - then there is more demand for tickets. It would be ideal to be ‘the hottest ticket in town’ where you consider yourself lucky to have a ticketed membership - sorta like the EPL but much smaller scale.

Regular nrl games in big stadiums are far from ‘the hottest ticket in town’ (in Sydney anyway) - even most big games and finals have plenty of tickets to spare. As you said the ANZAC day clash is probably the closest example we have.

Comment

While i agree, why would you build a new stadium that could only seat 20,000 if you have the space 25,000 capacity would be a sweet spot, it actually gives scope for hopeful crowd growth in the upcoming years, you could use the grounds for smaller concerts etc also. The Gosford stadium has the capacity of 20,000, while its a good stadium completely full there is a few blind spots and a couple of spots like the first row or two of the upper deck where the site lines aren't great, it has the room behind the in goals where the capacity could be increased to 22-23, 000 or even maybe 25k depending if they use one or both ends. I know the Roosters usually draw not huge crowds there but they have hit the capacity once at 20,060 against the Sharks and Souths have hit that 20,060 capacity there also against Manly in 2013.

Comment

Speaking of stadiums I haven’t heard any new news about our SFS lately.. anyone know how it’s tracking? The last I heard was they installed the first concrete slab back in august I think

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

While i agree, why would you build a new stadium that could only seat 20,000 if you have the space 25,000 capacity would be a sweet spot, it actually gives scope for hopeful crowd growth in the upcoming years, you could use the grounds for smaller concerts etc also. The Gosford stadium has the capacity of 20,000, while its a good stadium completely full there is a few blind spots and a couple of spots like the first row or two of the upper deck where the site lines aren't great, it has the room behind the in goals where the capacity could be increased to 22-23, 000 or even maybe 25k depending if they use one or both ends. I know the Roosters usually draw not huge crowds there but they have hit the capacity once at 20,060 against the Sharks and Souths have hit that 20,060 capacity there also against Manly in 2013.
                fair enough. it's probably a moot point cos the state govt said it wanted a bigger stadium to hold other stuff.
                if they reduced it to even 30 it would improve atmosphere and prevent us from playing in a half empty stadium.

Comment

fair enough. it's probably a moot point cos the state govt said it wanted a bigger stadium to hold other stuff.
                  if they reduced it to even 30 it would improve atmosphere and prevent us from playing in a half empty stadium.
                  Cheer louder.

Comment

i think one of the reasons people say we don't have any fans is cos they see the empty seats at the sfs. put me down for a stadium of as close to 20 000 as poss.

Comment

i think one of the reasons people say we don't have any fans is cos they see the empty seats at the sfs. put me down for a stadium of as close to 20 000 as poss.
                      So true... commentators watch our game with 15,000 and say not a big crowd then see 14,000 at Brooke or Leichardt etc and jizz themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

So true... commentators watch our game with 15,000 and say not a big crowd then see 14,000 at Brooke or Leichardt etc and jizz themselves!
                        yeah. 'so ray, which is bigger? half of 40 000 or two thirds of 23 000?' ray - 'a great crowd here at brooky.'

Comment

Working...
                        X