Michael Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post

yes you make some honest points & I understand but also I believe individuals should have more responsibility and self control on these things whether that’s illegal drugs,cigis,alcohol or gambling. Guns don’t kill people, people do.
    Very true in a perfect world but there are far to many people out there in the real world that given a free range to things like Guns , drugs ect would do themselves or more importantly others harm . Not 100% sure but sure someone will tell me otherwise , but i;m sure crime caused by drug abuse makes up for a huge percentage of crime .

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I believe that. There must be a lot more to this.
      yep I thought he really was a good guy.

bit disappointed and sad and similar to watching Jennings break down in the dressing room when he was sin binned. both hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
        I didn't say alcohol wasn't bad , that,s not the conversation , for you those drugs may be OK .For many others they lead to worse issues . When and if you have sen the real effects of theses so called party drugs and lived with the consequences come and have a chat .
        Agreed.

Off-topic but IMO it's a bit like the early days of say asbestos, tobacco, DDT, thalidomide...etc. Proponents will say they're safe for all money and 'you can't prove they do anything wrong'. However, widespread usage/exposure over 50-100 years tells a different story (at first anecdotally and later through extensive studies once a widespread roll-out has led to greater understanding of what's going on).

With 'party drugs' a lot of the anecdotes (e.g. doctors on mental health tribunals saying 'most patients who are scheduled use drugs') are comparable to the early days of tobacco/asbestos where doctors were anecdotally saying 'hey lotsa smokers and asbestos miners end up with lung issues... connection maybe?' I don't think it's accurate to go around saying these drugs are harmless. To me that's a bit like sanding an asbestos wall in the 50's while saying 'you have no proof that this will harm me long-term! I know lotsa carpenters who have been sanding it for 20 years and they're all healthy blokes!!!' Yeah well maybe they that's the case, but there's a lot of troubling anecdotes... enough for me to say 'unless I NEED to use this [e.g. usage of asbestos in WWII gas masks] I'm gonna avoid it until somebody can demonstrate there's no way it can hurt me'.
        Last edited by ism22; 11-22-2020, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Very shocked, as I was with John tobin

Comment

Stop being shocked everyone.
            It’s justabout par for course on the GC. There’s been a litany of former players that have succumbed to the temptation of easy riches and no doubt there’ll be more.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Scratch him off the list for potential goal kickers then.

Comment

Nothing new really one particular Knights and Origin legend was known as The Chemist in the 90s during his playing days, supplied half of Newcastle and nearly all of the team with Scripts and medications, and no it wasn’t AJohns
                Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrooster View Post
                  Shocked....would never haves picked it...but of course innocent until proven guilty. I’m also surprised that he hasn’t been referred to as ‘former roosters star’
                  He has.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                    Wow and I , along with many, held him in such high esteem. If found guilty then fark him.
                    Couldnt agree more. If found guilty then im pyssed that I fell for his charade. Loved the bloke but have no time for that sort of crap.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      I've always wanted to piss behind the curtains, and throw bread at the fan...while laughing hysterically.
                      Its overrated mate.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post

yes you make some honest points & I understand but also I believe individuals should have more responsibility and self control on these things whether that’s illegal drugs,cigis,alcohol or gambling. Guns don’t kill people, people do.
                        This!

You will never stop the flow but you can certainly get up on higher ground and not get washed away.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

He has.
                          I was watching the ABC news last night and they said former Penrith player leading into the story then mentioned he had played for Penrith, Parramatta and Cronulla but no mention of the Roosters, gave me a bit of a laugh out of this disappointing story.

Comment

I'm late to the party but man this is stunning news. Gordon appeared to be an Aubbo-esque cleanskin of the game. I thought he would have done fairly well from the game and be in a position to enjoy his retirement. Aside from any arguments about whether drugs should be legal, Gordon is accused of being involved in a serious criminal conspiracy. If guilty he knew damn well what he was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                              Nothing new really one particular Knights and Origin legend was known as The Chemist in the 90s during his playing days, supplied half of Newcastle and nearly all of the team with Scripts and medications, and no it wasn’t AJohns
                              Robbie o ? Adam mac?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                                I'm late to the party but man this is stunning news. Gordon appeared to be an Aubbo-esque cleanskin of the game. I thought he would have done fairly well from the game and be in a position to enjoy his retirement. Aside from any arguments about whether drugs should be legal, Gordon is accused of being involved in a serious criminal conspiracy. If guilty he knew damn well what he was doing.
                                I was up the mid north coast packing the car up for the trip back to Sydney yesterday morning and this came across the news as a breaking story, i just looked at the TV screen stunned, as just about everyone else has mentioned he would almost be the last person you would think of of doing something like that. Sad really especially for his family and he also had a successful coffee shop running but as you say if found guilty he knew what he was doing. The ABC news last night said he was considered a smaller player in the operation even though that doesn't make him any less guilty than any of the bigger players in the operation.
                                Last edited by horrie hastings; 11-23-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X