Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Thirteen;n857450]
    Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post

Any chance you could unfriend us all? You ‘re a massive bore and you don’t come on here to chat footy.
    Yep. A succinct and complete assessment.

Comment

• Paddo raises an interesting point. Whilst I was empowering my fellow folk to #freethenip (especially now that the warmer weather has arrived) through the use of my avatar, I have now realised this movement is evolving even more now.
      The more current #freethelip campaign has been happening through carriages like insta and is gaining speed with word that the fledgling #freethezipfreethetip juggernaut is not far behind
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Nice to hear from you MR. That new Foxtel packaging is ridiculous I agree. I quit years ago but my girl has been unwell and I reluctantly rejoined so that she might find whatever entertainment there is on it. You'd think that because he's haemorrhaging money the Packages would be more attractive on price especially when you have to put up with Sky "News".
        Truth to tell Mighty, they're a good bunch on this site. There is little or no nastiness of the type that one hears about in other places. Contrary to Jack's suggestions I'm not on any other site including FB.
        I do think that your uninterest in politics is misplaced and unwise though. Politics is all about the slicing up of the GDP pie and not caring about who gets what is unfathomable to me. Jack is a respected member of this little community. He's worked on that and he does things very well but he is also a more than unwitting spear carrier for the Right (read Murdoch) and, uncontradicted, those who have little or no interest in politics are susceptible to a messenger who is a seemingly good bloke and, in many ways, an ornament to the site. What we have here is a Corporate political party with an onside corporate monopoly media. For years they've given us FA and taken the the largest slice of the pie to their class but complacency allows them to keep on doing it. The Jacks among us play a very small part in that but a part nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
          Nice to hear from you MR. That new Foxtel packaging is ridiculous I agree. I quit years ago but my girl has been unwell and I reluctantly rejoined so that she might find whatever entertainment there is on it. You'd think that because he's haemorrhaging money the Packages would be more attractive on price especially when you have to put up with Sky "News".
          Truth to tell Mighty, they're a good bunch on this site. There is little or no nastiness of the type that one hears about in other places. Contrary to Jack's suggestions I'm not on any other site including FB.
          I do think that your uninterest in politics is misplaced and unwise though. Politics is all about the slicing up of the GDP pie and not caring about who gets what is unfathomable to me. Jack is a respected member of this little community. He's worked on that and he does things very well but he is also a more than unwitting spear carrier for the Right (read Murdoch) and, uncontradicted, those who have little or no interest in politics are susceptible to a messenger who is a seemingly good bloke and, in many ways, an ornament to the site. What we have here is a Corporate political party with an onside corporate monopoly media. For years they've given us FA and taken the the largest slice of the pie to their class but complacency allows them to keep on doing it. The Jacks among us play a very small part in that but a part nonetheless.
          Footy dam you footy

Comment

• For the first time since I joined this forum in 2009, I've made use of the ignore function. I never had to use it on the old Wall either..says it all now..I'd appreciate it if the quote function wasn't used in regards to that poster as it still makes those posts visible unfortunately. Surely there are forums for political discussions for those types.
            Last edited by redwhiteblue; 11-03-2020, 08:18 PM.
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Any chance you could unfriend us all? You ‘re a massive bore and you don’t come on here to chat footy.
              Haha please...

I didnt realise I'd been friended anyway....hate to see what happens if I get 'enemied' then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                Nice to hear from you MR. That new Foxtel packaging is ridiculous I agree. I quit years ago but my girl has been unwell and I reluctantly rejoined so that she might find whatever entertainment there is on it. You'd think that because he's haemorrhaging money the Packages would be more attractive on price especially when you have to put up with Sky "News".
                I very much have an interest in economics I just don’t believe politicians should be in charge of running the economy. I also think political discussions belong in the off topic section. You should also talk a little more footy.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                  For the first time since I joined this forum in 2009, I've made use of the ignore function. I never had to use it on the old Wall either..says it all now..I'd appreciate it if the quote function wasn't used in regards to that poster as it still makes those posts visible unfortunately. Surely there are forums for political discussions for those types.
                  Sorry RWB, I just quoted Paddo Colt before I saw your message. I’m sorry you’ve had to resort to the ignore button.

Comment

I find Paddo Colt 61 entertaining. I know a lot on here and in life in general like to have there only little cliques whom will agree with them on anything and evefrything, and do not like it when challenged with alternative views, or demonstrable fact which goes against their beliefs. Paddo Colt 61 has used euphemisms in an extremely humorous manner. It takes all types to make the world go round in balance. I raucously applaud Paddo Colt 61s contributions on here, and look forward to many more. As you are a long term supporter and valuable contributor on here who has amused me in the past, I have shown you some gratitude for this by using punctuation in my post.
                    Last edited by Andrew Walker; 11-04-2020, 06:34 AM.
                    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• [QUOTE=Andrew Walker;n857483]
                      Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I find Paddo Colt 61 entertaining. I know a lot on here and in life in general like to have there only little cliques whom will agree with them on anything and evefrything, and do not like it when challenged with alternative views, or demonstrable fact which goes against their beliefs. Paddo Colt 61 has used euphemisms in an extremely humorous manner. It takes all types to make the world go round in balance. I raucously applaud Paddo Colt 61s contributions on here, and look forward to many more. As you are a long term supporter and valuable contributor on here who has amused me in the past, I have shown you some gratitude for this by using punctuation in my post.
                      The political and very disturbingly graphic post I was asked to comment on as a female has nothing to do with the Roosters and has no place on this thread, let alone this forum. Surely he can go and find an appropriate outlet for his curiosities without having to resort to a rugby league fan forum to find the answers he needs. Mods, again why is that post still there when others have had far lesser offensive posts and threads deleted? Andy, clean out your inbox of messages when you can please. I can't give you my contact details until your mailbox has room.

Comment

• [QUOTE=redwhiteblue;n857484]
                        Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

The political and very disturbingly graphic post I was asked to comment on as a female has nothing to do with the Roosters and has no place on this thread, let alone this forum. Surely he can go and find an appropriate outlet for his curiosities without having to resort to a rugby league fan forum to find the answers he needs. Mods, again why is that post still there when others have had far lesser offensive posts and threads deleted? Andy, clean out your inbox of messages when you can please. I can't give you my contact details until your mailbox has room.
                        LOL no need for a response like that. But in regard to political posts Paddo Colt 61 has it bang on the money with Jack he loves nothing more than to take pot shots at those who have left sided political views or more so the left in politics in general. Fair enough to each their own in my book. Are you not offended by Jack doing this ? Sorry but I found his post amusing, the euphemisms were that of a very witty mind.

Now in regards to Jess Mauboy, and my comment which I deleted out of respect for yourself about me wanting to fill her up. In retrospect and having had a look at the lyrics to this song which are as follow

Day and night??
                        Day and night your??
                        On my mind??
                        On my mind it's only??
                        You and I??
                        You and I just you and me yeah??
                        Oh got me drunk on your love so where's the after party cause
                        I'm just getting started
                        "hey hey hey"
                        Keep on pouring it up and don't you ever stop it
                        I know you know I want it but
                        I don't want to wait until the weekend comes just so
                        I can pop a bottle of your love take another shot I never
                        Get enough come on and fill me up fill me up
                        I don't wanna wait until the weekend comes just so
                        Get enough come on and fill me up fill me up??
                        Up up oowah oowah fill me??
                        Come on and fill me up fill me up??
                        Drink it down??
                        Drink it down and…

I feel Jess would love my comment and that with such deep lyrics. I should have never deleted my initial comment. Nothing against you, but read these lyrics and tell me this song is not about sex. Sex sells and Jess has done a good job in selling it.

PS I have cleared my inbox.
                        Last edited by Andrew Walker; 11-04-2020, 07:08 AM.
                        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• [QUOTE=Andrew Walker;n857489]
                          Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

LOL no need for a response like that. But in regard to political posts Paddo Colt 61 has it bang on the money with Jack he loves nothing more than to take pot shots at those who have left sided political views or more so the left in politics in general. Fair enough to each their own in my book. Are you not offended by Jack doing this ? Sorry but I found his post amusing, the euphemisms were that of a very witty mind.

Now in regards to Jess Mauboy, and my comment which I deleted out of respect for yourself about me wanting to fill her up. In retrospect and having had a look at the lyrics to this song which are as follow

Day and night??
                          Day and night your??
                          On my mind??
                          On my mind it's only??
                          You and I??
                          I'm just getting started
                          "hey hey hey"
                          Drink it down??
                          Drink it down and…

I feel Jess would love my comment and that with such deep lyrics. I should have never deleted my initial comment. Nothing against you, but read these lyrics and tell me this song is not about sex. Sex sells and Jess has done a good job in selling it.

Gday AW I think that's just the point isn't it , his political posts in a footy forum is what RWB and others are talking about . Of course there are different views but if we keep it to the Roosters /Footy on the Roosters forum and politics in maybe the off topic discussion section then maybe the attacks from both side would stop

Comment

Day and night??
                            Day and night your??
                            On my mind??
                            On my mind it's only??
                            You and I??
                            I'm just getting started
                            "hey hey hey"
                            Drink it down??
                            Drink it down and…

JFC takes "potshots" while PC guy has it "bang on the money".

Easts "poach" while others make "astute signings".

Gotcha! But no surprise as you have rattled me up before for conservative viewpoints.

This will surprise you..Grew up in a poor working class family .I was a rusted on Labor/left wing /union kinda guy all my life until the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd years. Like many that period finished it for me, and putting my lifetime bias aside found that conservative values were actually what I respected most...a sort of awakening!

I'm surprised how often I get referenced in these debates though ,as I don't go on long regular tangents like some. My occasional acerbic wit must pack a punch.

I think you are here mostly for the stoush. I'm more in it to give and receive humour, and the odd viewpoint on footy and life.

(Don't be offended if you here me say Imposter though, or Flush this Turd...it may happen).

Comment

I wasn't offended by what you said about Jess at all as I know you very well, 12 years now, longer than anyone on here apart from Horrie Hastings who knows you just as well.. ...and no you haven't cleared your inbox properly because it says Andrew Walker has exceeded his private message quota..so go do that, make your bed whilst you are at it, wash the dishes and fetch me a latte too..its my morning tea time..

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rooster1908;n857496)

Gday AW I think that's just the point isn't it , his political posts in a footy forum is what RWB and others are talking about . Of course there are different views but if we keep it to the Roosters /Footy on the Roosters forum and politics in maybe the off topic discussion section then maybe the attacks from both side would stop[/QUOTE]

I was put into a position I never expected to be in ie. expected to give my views on matters I never chose as the topic of discussion with someone I do not know..why is that such a problem for some on here to understand?

Comment

Working...
                                X