• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horry View Post
    Played for Penrith lower grades and went to Warriors. Kicks goals as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUE9NCvUTk

Locked 6/7
    Impressive - i view him as another ball playing forward for us in the Ryan Matterson mould who can slot in to the halves when/if needed.

Comment

Good signing, we need decent depth. It's a bit of an issue.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Impressive - i view him as another ball playing forward for us in the Ryan Matterson mould who can slot in to the halves when/if needed.
        He can't possibly be worse than Matterson.
        Most average player in history

Comment

Looks like a real natural footy player. Was really impressed with his last game against Manly. Showed really slick hands a couple of times. Has great timing running lines with subtle changes of direction before and as he receives a pass. Bit Aubusson-like in that way. Good footwork in traffic and a strong left foot.

Unsure how he defends at half. But he’ll improve in that department under Fitzy.

I think he’d suit our style quite well if he enjoys playing both sides of the ball. Nice cover for halves, centre and possibly a small forward role at a pinch.

Comment

Checked out the Warriors Facebook page announcing his departure and 90% of the posts where really upset he as leaving. Covers Halves and Centres.

Comment

I like the idea of this signing, Warriors have played him mostly in the centres but after seeing him in the lower grades for the Panthers he is more of a 5/8.

When he made his debut Rnd 1 2019 he looked to be the Warriors #7 for the next 10yrs then got injured.

Quick, great running game (scored something like 4 tries from 6 or so games), has a decent short kicking game and can nail goal kicking.

I wouldn't be against starting next season 6#Keighran 7#Keary...... imo its a better combo then with Flanno

Comment

Yeah he killed it in his last game for the Warriors, good back up signing to cover multiple positions if we have injuries/rest players.

Will be a good halves partner at the bears for Lam or Walker, whoever misses out on the first grade spot.

I wonder if Hutch will look for another first grade contract if not signed by the Roosters, or will sign to play with the bears and possibly earn back a spot in the squad (like he started here).

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere else also but interestingly former Roosters *Prodigy* Jayden Nikorima has earned a trial and train contract at the Warriors

Has been at Redcliffe in the Qld Cup the last few seasons but either been injured or not making their 1st grade team

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
                    Not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere else also but interestingly former Roosters *Prodigy* Jayden Nikorima has earned a trial and train contract at the Warriors

Has been at Redcliffe in the Qld Cup the last few seasons but either been injured or not making their 1st grade team
                    His brother plays there so i suppose he might have said give him a chance- why the Chooks need to be careful signing the next big thing as it could go pear shape

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Off contract this year and won’t be resigned
                      Thank you ChookMaster. I wish Drew well wherever he goes.
                      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
                        I like the idea of this signing, Warriors have played him mostly in the centres but after seeing him in the lower grades for the Panthers he is more of a 5/8.

When he made his debut Rnd 1 2019 he looked to be the Warriors #7 for the next 10yrs then got injured.

Quick, great running game (scored something like 4 tries from 6 or so games), has a decent short kicking game and can nail goal kicking.

I wouldn't be against starting next season 6#Keighran 7#Keary...... imo its a better combo then with Flanno
                        Either would I as I thought he would improve on his initial outings. I guess it all depends on the plans for Sam Walker.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What about M. Pearce?

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

He can't possibly be worse than Matterson.
                            Most average player in history
                            That's a bit harsh.... what about Todd Bryne (had never seen a winger who couldn't out run a lock)

At least Matto won a comp with us

Comment

matto goes alright. i would have him back. anyhow is it goss about Hutcho or is there some fact about him leaving. I know its all fact on the chookpen
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

The Warriors thanked Keighran for his two seasons at the club on social media last night ahead of his departure.

"Wishing you every success in your future endeavours Keggs," the club wrote.

Keighran made just nine appearances for the Warriors in his two years at the Kiwi NRL club, although his last match was definitely a career highlight after he managed to bag his first hat-trick in a 40-28 win over Manly.

Keighran's name joins a long list of players "thanked" over the last month for their services to the club, with Isaiah Papali'i and Nate Roache also on that list.

The club also thanked Gerard Beale earlier this month after he announced he was joining teammate Adam Blair in retiring from rugby league.

New coach Nathan Brown is bringing in some fresh faces with him to help offset the losses, though, with Sea Eagles star Addin Fonua-Blake signing on until 2023 alongside the arrival of fellow prop Ben Murdoch-Masila from the UK's Super League.

The club has also signed rugby league great Phil Gould as a consultant to help establish pathways at the club.

The Warriors also managed to re-sign a few players, locking in young talents Eliesa Katoa and Jamayne Taunoa-Brown for the next few seasons.

Warriors off-season moves [so far]

2021 GAINS

Euan Aitken, Kane Evans, Addin Fonua-Blake, Ben Murdoch-Masila

2021 LOSSES

Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Lachlan Burr, Patrick Herbert, Adam Keighran, Taane Milne, Isaiah Papali'i, Leivaha Pulu, Selestino Ravutaumada, Nathaniel Roache, King Vuniyayawa

RE-SIGNED
                                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X