No announcement yet.

Why are we roosters supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't decide who i wanted to be.....Beetson, Fairfax or Schubert....but it was because of them i was hooked on the Roosters

When i was about 12 years of age there were 3 school mates at Bankstown Boys High who got offered a Roosters gear bag, socks and shorts to play in the Roosters junior comp. I wanted to join them but my folks wouldn't let me get on a train- and really preferred me to play soccer until it became so obvious i was hopeless that they would be embarrassed . I ended up playing for Bankstown Sports Club for a few years and got graded at the Bulldogs where i played in the U/23 comp for 2 years- but i wasn't good enough to go on.
    Bloody hell all i really wanted was that Roosters gear bag- it was sooo cool!!! Had the old emblem with E.S.D.R.L.F.C underneath it

Comment

I live on the wrong side of the road to be a Rabbitohs supporter. The border literally cuts across my street.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        I couldn't decide who i wanted to be.....Beetson, Fairfax or Schubert....but it was because of them i was hooked on the Roosters

When i was about 12 years of age there were 3 school mates at Bankstown Boys High who got offered a Roosters gear bag, socks and shorts to play in the Roosters junior comp. I wanted to join them but my folks wouldn't let me get on a train- and really preferred me to play soccer until it became so obvious i was hopeless that they would be embarrassed . I ended up playing for Bankstown Sports Club for a few years and got graded at the Bulldogs where i played in the U/23 comp for 2 years- but i wasn't good enough to go on.
        Bloody hell all i really wanted was that Roosters gear bag- it was sooo cool!!! Had the old emblem with E.S.D.R.L.F.C underneath it
        Hi RR, what year? I went to Bankstown Boys for the last terms of year 12 then played for Bankstown Sports for a year. Tried out for the Roosters U23s but wasn’t good enough for Artie and didn’t make it. I’ve always maintained that having a young family at the time prevented me from wearing the RWB ( that’s what I tell my children )

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
          Hi RR, what year? I went to Bankstown Boys for the last terms of year 12 then played for Bankstown Sports for a year. Tried out for the Roosters U23s but wasn’t good enough for Artie and didn’t make it. I’ve always maintained that having a young family at the time prevented me from wearing the RWB ( that’s what I tell my children )
          1991 i got graded at the Bulldogs. I wore the green and gold ( Bankstown Sports- not Australia haha!) for 6 years prior- Michael Appleby was one of the best players in the comp back then-great guy too

I played with David Seidenkamp before he joined the Roosters

Comment

For all the true Roosters supports
            Roosters Xmas Novelty Shirt / NRLRO55DA (nrlshop.com)
            I would get one but no 5xl left

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
              haha, for the roosters supporter who thinks he has everything.

Comment

I’ve actually got the pull over jumper with the same print but the short arm cardie is a ripper. Would look good with a pair of Fletcher Jones shorts a long white pair of socks with garters & brown suede slip on shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I’ve actually got the pull over jumper with the same print but the short arm cardie is a ripper. Would look good with a pair of Fletcher Jones shorts a long white pair of socks with garters & brown suede slip on shoes.
                  Oh I have tears of laughter Mickie...
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Oh I have tears of laughter Mickie...
                    Funny gave me a terrible ill feeling in the pit of my stomach

Comment

I'm supposed to be off on my walk but I can't stop laughing..I'm scaring the neighbour's dog too..and so would that cardigan. Even I draw the line somewhere..

Comment

Jack will like one to go under his fur coat.

Comment

1991 i got graded at the Bulldogs. I wore the green and gold ( Bankstown Sports- not Australia haha!) for 6 years prior- Michael Appleby was one of the best players in the comp back then-great guy too

I was way before you ,1980-82, then met the right girl etc etc , the rest is history

Comment

Funny how some kids make it and some of your superstar junior footy mates dont kick on'. I played a lot of schoolboy footy against brandy and sirro. **** we used to smash Sironen hard annd early and you wouldnt see him again for the rest of the game'.At 16 he was already 6''4 and fast,had no ticker though.Still went on and had a great career. Brandy used to carve us up no matter what we hit him with.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

Funny how some kids make it and some of your superstar junior footy mates dont kick on'. I played a lot of schoolboy footy against brandy and sirro. **** we used to smash Sironen hard annd early and you wouldnt see him again for the rest of the game'.At 16 he was already 6''4 and fast,had no ticker though.Still went on and had a great career. Brandy used to carve us up no matter what we hit him with.
                              Greg Alexander was a few years older than me but i remember seeing him play live a few times for Pat bros Fairfield in the Commonwealth bank cup. How someone could have so much natural talent at such an early age was incredible.

Super fast- lightning off the mark, magnificent hole/line runner, brilliant long and short passer of the ball, freakish hands, super accurate long & short kicking game- his chip & chases were amazing, great technique front on & cover defender and could kick goals from anywhere.

Besides that he had nothing!

Comment

Firstly, I was born in Paddington and spent my youth days going to Rushcutters Bay and Double bay, awesome places. But apart from that, I love most our sports ethics. We were never a club to advocate crusher tackles or laying down to get penalties. We always strive for excellence whether in attack or defense. Our playing temperament and quality is so high that we can lose penalty counts for years, and yet still come up with back to back premierships. And we definitely would have won this year if not for some freak injuries to a few of the players we needed to be there to win it.

The Sydney Roosters = the most resilient sporting team and club in the world.
                                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                                X