Why are we roosters supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Come on mate just tell us you go for Souths.
    Tell us how you & big Sammy boy used to do sprint training together & how he admired your sprint shortie shorts whilst he was using you to do arm curls & squats.
    I know you want to do some sprint training with Jack Wighton as well.
    Mate. What a tool.

Comment

I grew up in country NSW and Dad was a bit of a Manly fan. He and Mum had grown up in Sydney and loved Manly beach. As a young girl I had zero interest in cricket or rugby league. On GF day in 1975 I was 9 years old and our family was at a BBQ with some neighbours. The game was on the radio in the background and we all know how that game ended. There was a lot of talk from the adult males about the dragons being smashed by this great Easts side. The next year I started taking notice of the game a bit more. I decided that the Easts jersey was easily the best. Dad told me that Easts were a great team reminding me of the 1975 GF. He told me Manly was his team but Easts was his second team. So it was a combination of Dad, the great colours and the jersey.

As a teen I was devastated when we lost the 1980 GF and furious when Fulton took all those players to Manly, especially Kerry Boustead as he was one of my favourites. I had a picture of the team on my school folder. I collected all the Easts footy cards and had a roosters cushion and soft toy rooster on my bed. I still have that soft toy in a cupboard somewhere along with a size 10 hoodie I used to wear as a teen.

When we finally won in 2002, one week before my first child was due, Dad was the first person to call me straight after the full time siren went. He knew I’d waited 26 years to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        I grew up in country NSW and Dad was a bit of a Manly fan. He and Mum had grown up in Sydney and loved Manly beach. As a young girl I had zero interest in cricket or rugby league. On GF day in 1975 I was 9 years old and our family was at a BBQ with some neighbours. The game was on the radio in the background and we all know how that game ended. There was a lot of talk from the adult males about the dragons being smashed by this great Easts side. The next year I started taking notice of the game a bit more. I decided that the Easts jersey was easily the best. Dad told me that Easts were a great team reminding me of the 1975 GF. He told me Manly was his team but Easts was his second team. So it was a combination of Dad, the great colours and the jersey.

As a teen I was devastated when we lost the 1980 GF and furious when Fulton took all those players to Manly, especially Kerry Boustead as he was one of my favourites. I had a picture of the team on my school folder. I collected all the Easts footy cards and had a roosters cushion and soft toy rooster on my bed. I still have that soft toy in a cupboard somewhere along with a size 10 hoodie I used to wear as a teen.

When we finally won in 2002, one week before my first child was due, Dad was the first person to call me straight after the full time siren went. He knew I’d waited 26 years to see it.
        I took my 9 year old son to the 2002 Gf, it's still the only one I've been too. We bought our tickets off a Sharks supporter whom had posted on the Chookpen. Such a fabulous day, with our 21's winning early in the day. I took my son Luke down to the fence after the game and he shook all the players hands as they celebrated their win. On to the main game and we were behind the goal posts at the end where the Roosters ran in all their tries in the second half. I will never forget Luke turning to me with about 10 mins to go when the game was in the bag and saying 'thanks Dad, this has been the best day of my life!' We went down to the fence again at the end of the game and he's going 'come on dad come down here' and the crowd was about 5 rows deep. I said 'naah mate, I'm too big, a little bloke like you can slide throrugh the crowd, you go down and I will wait here for you'. So he slips in and between all the crowd gets to the fence and comes back later with stars in his eyes. 'You should have been there dad, Freddie, Wimgy, Fitzy, Moz, they all shook my hand' We were staying aty a motel in Parra so caught the train back and then walked past a bottle shop, stopped in and I bought a 4 pack of JD and coke for me and a 4 pack of Jim beam for Luke (just kidding bought him a coke) and we went back to the motel and sat there together celebrating the win. Such a great day, I still tear up when I think about it

Luke is now 27 yrs old and has a son who is 18 months old. He is the 4th generation Rooster in the family, My wife said to me 'you can't make him go for the Roosters' and my son and I both said straight up yes we can!

Comment

some great stories here.
          our family moved into bondi junction in 1966 when you could afford to buy there. we lived next to a boarding house where bruce cornwell lived. dad wasn't into sport but i was so i naturally followed the roosters. started watching them in 1972 when we made the gf but it was the glory days of 74-75 that had me hooked for life.
          these days i don't spend so much time watching other sports but following the roosters gives me a lot of joy. every time the roosters run onto the field my 10 year old self is running out with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Bloody hell , didn't actually read this because of the length but quite sure it's a good reason to follow the Roosters ,
            Yeah all that matters is that it makes sense to me hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Mate. What a tool.
              he's takin the mickie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                I gotta say, the ‘you’re a secret Souths supporter’ allegations are not only totally stupid, but they’re a stain on what is otherwise a great thread. One of the most joyful we’ve had in years.

Just dumbo nonsense. Pull your head in.
                But Mickey does love souffs and Melb for that matter!

Still a good Chook fan as well tho.

He he doesn’t care which way he swings. He’s a footy bi-sexual!
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Like the beer ad on tv say's I did it because my father did it and likewise for my father, Three generations of Roosters supporters born and raised in the area.

Comment

As a nine-year-old I watched my first ever game of rugby league with my parents. It was the 1986 Parra V Bulldogs grand final. I absolutely loved it and told my dad that I wanted to go to a game the next season.

Dad is a Roosters supporter and grew up in Bondi. He took me to my first ever game at Brookville Oval in 1987. I remember sitting in the corner and Steve Morris was right near us at kick off. So he’s the first Roosters player that I ever knew. We lost that day but I was hooked.

I’ve always lived in Roosters territory and I attend most games no matter where. I have three sons who are just like me and fanatical about all things Roosters. There’s few better moments than attending games with my Dad and my sons. Three generations of Chooks.

Before I married my wife I told her Chooks would always come first. I told her they were my first love. She has always respected this.

I think this is a great thread and I’m loving reading all your stories. Keep them coming.
                    Last edited by Thirteen; 10-24-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I took my 9 year old son to the 2002 Gf, it's still the only one I've been too. We bought our tickets off a Sharks supporter whom had posted on the Chookpen. Such a fabulous day, with our 21's winning early in the day. I took my son Luke down to the fence after the game and he shook all the players hands as they celebrated their win. On to the main game and we were behind the goal posts at the end where the Roosters ran in all their tries in the second half. I will never forget Luke turning to me with about 10 mins to go when the game was in the bag and saying 'thanks Dad, this has been the best day of my life!' We went down to the fence again at the end of the game and he's going 'come on dad come down here' and the crowd was about 5 rows deep. I said 'naah mate, I'm too big, a little bloke like you can slide throrugh the crowd, you go down and I will wait here for you'. So he slips in and between all the crowd gets to the fence and comes back later with stars in his eyes. 'You should have been there dad, Freddie, Wimgy, Fitzy, Moz, they all shook my hand' We were staying aty a motel in Parra so caught the train back and then walked past a bottle shop, stopped in and I bought a 4 pack of JD and coke for me and a 4 pack of Jim beam for Luke (just kidding bought him a coke) and we went back to the motel and sat there together celebrating the win. Such a great day, I still tear up when I think about it

Luke is now 27 yrs old and has a son who is 18 months old. He is the 4th generation Rooster in the family, My wife said to me 'you can't make him go for the Roosters' and my son and I both said straight up yes we can!
                      Damn! You made me cry.

Great stories peeps. Thanks to OP for starting this thread - great timing too.

Comment

Being a rooster supporter has also had other benefits, in 2013 at the gf my son was leaving to go to Paris to live with his French girlfriend, she had left a week earlier, after a few beers i said to my wife if we win this we are going to France
                        well we won she screemed the stadium down with im going to France
                        I wanted to go to Gallipoli and after landing in Istanbul this is the first thing I seen in a store

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                          After that I changed over to roosters as I got sick of fighting with my brother in the back of the car on the way home from games.
                          Sounds like you should be forever in your brother's debt!

Comment

Originally posted by doves07 View Post
                            Being a rooster supporter has also had other benefits, in 2013 at the gf my son was leaving to go to Paris to live with his French girlfriend, she had left a week earlier, after a few beers i said to my wife if we win this we are going to France
                            well we won she screemed the stadium down with im going to France
                            I wanted to go to Gallipoli and after landing in Istanbul this is the first thing I seen in a store
                            Does she love coq too? That’s French for Rooster.

Comment

Yeah its la coq

Comment

[QUOTE=Mickie Lane;
                                lol.
                                It was right up your alley.
                                Still to this day I have never seen a bigger morton stock than Arties, I know why they called him big Artie.

Pardon me for the correction Mick. The rhyming slang for the penis is "Mort's Dock". Funny how terms become corrupted. I always laugh when someone "respectable" uses the term "Dropkick' oblivious to the full Jack Lang (slang) expression, "Dropkick and Punt" - the feminine of Mort's.

Comment

Working...
                                X