Sualli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

I honestly would have loved the opportunity. when I was 18 I went to college with a bunch of guys that had come from Kings, Shore and Cranbrook. I didn't even really know such schools existed until then.
    Thanks for sharing LLB (law degree with such letters?)
    Many of the guys who left in my vintage including myself may have had chips on our shoulders. Took a few strong women to straighten us out....hahaha
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I am assuming you must have been sitting in on the negotiations, otherwise how else would you know what he was asking? Unless you believe what's in the Newspapers or what someone from Souths might have claimed but I would expect you to know better than that.
      I’d take Kingbilly’s opinion over yours any day of the week. If you’ve read his posts over the last decade there is no way you would be questioning his integrity. The guy is a great judge of character and has provide so much insight into our junior teams / players over the years.
      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

I’d take Kingbilly’s opinion over yours any day of the week. If you’ve read his posts over the last decade there is no way you would be questioning his integrity. The guy is a great judge of character and has provide so much insight into our junior teams / players over the years.
        You are living proof that the drugs don't work. How would KB know what Sualli is being paid? It isn't a question of opinion, he is stating that he knows it as fact. I can't remember KB naming any great juniors, but I respect that he puts time into their development. If he rated Lindsay Collins then I would certainly give him that.
        Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 11-02-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Thanks for sharing LLB (law degree with such letters?)
          Many of the guys who left in my vintage including myself may have had chips on our shoulders. Took a few strong women to straighten us out....hahaha
          Comiz for the weekend mate. Did you retain your seat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Comiz for the weekend mate. Did you retain your seat?
            Hahaha. Don’t mention the war JFC
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post
              Hahaha. Don’t mention the war JFC
              You're safe mate. Threw some little footys into his play pen, and he's still got those picture books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

I enjoy KB's posts....but in regards to Suali his opinion is no more valid than anyone else. 'Him or his parents asking for coin' 'as he went to Kings mkost likely of poor character'...KB in this instance is making assumptions and guessing, which is fine as that is what forums are for !! Once agian enjoy KBs insightful posts but on this occasion i dont tale too much from it. Having met his family a few times when he attended Regentville public they were always super nice

Comment

• His family approached us, we have made an offer that is far from ludicrous and considerably less than what was on offer from Souths and a few other interested parties. Any media talk of 750 k plus is so far off the mark and likely just bullshit spread from Souths. Its up to them, they have our offer,and if he signs and lives up to his potential we will be in a position to offer the big bucks in a few years when Jared,Jake,Toops and possibly Cords will all be gone.

Comment

• I went to Scots all the way. Transition to Year 12. It had many advantages. Many issues too and I decided against sending my kids there. They are too soft. Would be chewed up and spat out in five minutes in that Terrordome.

One thing that struck me when I left and went to uni is that at Scots they push you along. At Uni they didn’t care if you kept up or not. I hit the skids without the structure big time in the first year out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Insider View Post
                      His family approached us, we have made an offer that is far from ludicrous and considerably less than what was on offer from Souths and a few other interested parties. Any media talk of 750 k plus is so far off the mark and likely just bullshit spread from Souths. Its up to them, they have our offer,and if he signs and lives up to his potential we will be in a position to offer the big bucks in a few years when Jared,Jake,Toops and possibly Cords will all be gone.
                      Thanks Insider, I think like your name suggests that you do know things that go on at the Chooks more than most of us on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        I went to Scots all the way. Transition to Year 12. It had many advantages. Many issues too and I decided against sending my kids there. They are too soft. Would be chewed up and spat out in five minutes in that Terrordome.

One thing that struck me when I left and went to uni is that at Scots they push you along. At Uni they didn’t care if you kept up or not. I hit the skids without the structure big time in the first year out.
                        Yes Uni is a big eye opener for those leaving school as the spoon feeding is over and it's time to fend for themselves. Having completed both TAFE and Uni courses - TAFE is better at the teaching part of it than Uni's.

It's the practical vs theory debate and a number of Uni lecturers and Tutors i came across in various degrees - undergrad and post - they had spent their whole time in a Uni environment - from a student to a staff member - TAFE - the person comes from outside and have worked in the field they teach

I Remember one Lecturer - Economics - coming into the lecture hall - unpacked his brief case and then started the lecturer ( No I'm x and this is the Economics lecture) - spent the whole 2 hours of the lecture with his back to us talking and drawing on this huge white board- then at the end his conclusion for the whole lecture was that Macro Economics is big Economics and Micro Economics is small Economics.

The lecture numbers went from over 300 in the 1st lecture to about 15 of us after 3 or 4 weeks - week 5 was the first time the lecturer said anything to us - Said we would get tips for the final exam as we were the dedicated ones - numbers increased when this got around and back to near the first week's number- No exam tips though not even in the last lecture
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 11-03-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

I wish I went to Kings. I'm a result of a lousy public school education.
                          So am I, and while Kings has wonderful ground its not a school I would send kids to.
                          My kids went to a GPS school for the last few years and I was never impressed with the students or teachers at sporting fixtures.
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I am assuming you must have been sitting in on the negotiations, otherwise how else would you know what he was asking? Unless you believe what's in the Newspapers or what someone from Souths might have claimed but I would expect you to know better than that.
                            Don't tell me you are a Kings brat Mr Doo and have to stick up for a fellow alumni.

But sorry I was not in negotiations just heard a bit from people that were. but then you probably won't believe that so its ok
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yes Uni is a big eye opener for those leaving school as the spoon feeding is over and it's time to fend for themselves. Having completed both TAFE and Uni courses - TAFE is better at the teaching part of it than Uni's.

It's the practical vs theory debate and a number of Uni lecturers and Tutors i came across in various degrees - undergrad and post - they had spent their whole time in a Uni environment - from a student to a staff member - TAFE - the person comes from outside and have worked in the field they teach

I Remember one Lecturer - Economics - coming into the lecture hall - unpacked his brief case and then started the lecturer ( No I'm x and this is the Economics lecture) - spent the whole 2 hours of the lecture with his back to us talking and drawing on this huge white board- then at the end his conclusion for the whole lecture was that Macro Economics is big Economics and Micro Economics is small Economics.

The lecture numbers went from over 300 in the 1st lecture to about 15 of us after 3 or 4 weeks - week 5 was the first time the lecturer said anything to us - Said we would get tips for the final exam as we were the dedicated ones - numbers increased when this got around and back to near the first week's number- No exam tips though not even in the last lecture
                              So you studied Economics at Uni Salvo? So did I.Not that it led to anything greatly beneficial for me like a brilliant job or anything but it was a good time in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

So am I, and while Kings has wonderful ground its not a school I would send kids to.
                                My kids went to a GPS school for the last few years and I was never impressed with the students or teachers at sporting fixtures.
                                Honestly where I went to school we didn't have sporting fixtures with parents involved. That was back in say 86-91. Of course we played sports but it was much less organised and my district was particularly weak. I honestly don't know enough about Kings to comment but just in general I think attending a private school would have been good. I remember as an 18 year old just thinking that the kids I met who had seemed to be much more experienced in the world than I was at the time. I'm not crying about it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X