Sualli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sualli?

I’m reading a lot of maybes, but has anyone got any good oil on this ?

The news was he was roosters bound.. he’s following us on Instagram after removing souffs which could be a huge hint into his decision but after all could be a trick to lead the media astray? Who knows but it is taking forever

Comment

Also Sam Walker is following him so looks like they’re mates which is a good sign..

Could both be leading us to success for years to come

Comment

I just chatted a chap in Roosters head office and he knew nothing about it, which can be a good sign ...

Comment

I don't know anything more, but it would be good if it could come off (he is an immense talent). Not sure how the Souffs only releasing him to rugby and not us thing is going to work though - interesting off season development.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I may be one of few, but for mine I'm not excited by this..

You can teach skill .. but you can't teach attitude..

And by all accounts this kid has alot of both..

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
              I don't know anything more, but it would be good if it could come off (he is an immense talent). Not sure how the Souffs only releasing him to rugby and not us thing is going to work though - interesting off season development.
              If Souths release him he can go wherever he wants. They can't legally restrict his choice. Otherwise they can keep him against his wishes, which would be stupid.

Comment

As 6 pointed out, it would probably be for the following season when we get some cap relief by the retirement of the twins and hopefully Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                  The same thing was said from our club when latrell was leaving, that we would not release him to Souths without getting compensation. It was all tough talk, and we got nothing.

Comment

Being legally trained it's not possible to restrict someone from working for someone else - parties may sign such an agreement but if challenged the agreement would be null and void as it's basically a restriction /restraint of trade i.e precedents were set in the court decisions involving Dennis Tutty and Terry Hill et al back in the day.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/11/...y-free-agency/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...2f090305727e49

Comment

i believe he's signed to souths for next season and hasn't formally been released so you'd figure souths could block it if they're willing to still have him on their books next year. sounds like they're huffing and puffing to scare him into signing for someone other than us.

Comment

It was mentioned on the NITV broadcast of the the Alan Langer cup that the Chooks had signed Evander Tere-Rongotaua and Tommy Luhrman who were playing for Ipswich SHS vs Wavell SHS in that game.

Evander is a centre - 192cm and over 100 kg and Tommy is a Hooker- Anyway Evander looked to have suffered a rather serious knee/leg injury near the end of the game - telecast cut out so i don't know the extent of the injury but it didn't look good from the tackle- one of those the body going one way and the leg the other- ACL i suggest?

Maybe someone can update the above as the match was played last month i think and there is nothing on the net about it

Last edited by King Salvo; 10-19-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

The same thing was said from our club when latrell was leaving, that we would not release him to Souths without getting compensation. It was all tough talk, and we got nothing.
                          Neither did they!
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                            i believe he's signed to souths for next season and hasn't formally been released so you'd figure souths could block it if they're willing to still have him on their books next year. sounds like they're huffing and puffing to scare him into signing for someone other than us.
                            Be like the Tallis one - don't release him and he either plays of sits out the season

Comment

From all reports, the kid is a freak! The next Folau?

Left field here:

Joseph to fullback in 2021?
                              With Teddy asking / stalling for over 1.1 million a year........................
                              We have a cap like everyone else!

Comment

Working...
                              X