6 again rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zac View Post
    a change just announced. markers not being square will now be 6 again as opposed to a penalty. if the 6 again is helping us, this new change probably won't hurt.
    That's great, it has been out of control and I don't think we have really been too bad in that area so it should help us.

Hopefully Refs are prepared for the inevitable increase in the attacker driving into the marker in the process of the play the ball and moving off the mark and playing the ball to the side of the marker (Storm standard operating procedures).

Comment

• I may be swimming against the tide on this one but for me you can’t keep changing the rules every few rounds, it’s ridiculous. We have had a major disruption and full credit to the NRL for keeping us going (the AFL looks shot). I also agree the 6 again has worked really well but there has to be a limit on further changes to rules from the restart on. It may be that the markers is an issue but it begs the question about manipulating the rules to manipulate the competition outcome. It is not right for mine.

Comment

• They keep changing them Bansai and the chooks get better
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• I mentioned this when the 6 again rule was proposed but again, the smarter teams are giving away the 6 again early in sets when the opposition is trapped in a corner after a kick. It gives them time to win the next tackle and only adds one maybe two tackles to the count. This is just going to get worse with the new marker rule. I feel they really need to get a feel for when teams are doing this deliberately on early tackles and either just blow the penalty allowing a kick for touch or use the sin bin here if it’s done multiple times in a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak View Post
            I mentioned this when the 6 again rule was proposed but again, the smarter teams are giving away the 6 again early in sets when the opposition is trapped in a corner after a kick. It gives them time to win the next tackle and only adds one maybe two tackles to the count. This is just going to get worse with the new marker rule. I feel they really need to get a feel for when teams are doing this deliberately on early tackles and either just blow the penalty allowing a kick for touch or use the sin bin here if it’s done multiple times in a game.
            I said a similar thing earlier. Getting a repeat set on tackle one is pretty much pointless. Should be allowed to kick for touch or goal.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• The six again rule didn’t apply to the Roosters last night. Storm dragged the game back to its old ways and the referee allowed it to happen. Disgrace.
              Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

• Call me a crazy tin foil hat wearer, but that ref was managing that game to try and keep it close in the 2nd half.

The first half was an abomination. We even fart and the refs call 6 again against us atm.

And then in the 2nd half the penalty that called back Teddy's LB was a deadset stitch up. Obviously they didn't want another 50pt scoreline.

Meanwhile the Storm are back to holding down at will without barely a 6 again.

Where's the consistency?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  Call me a crazy tin foil hat wearer, but that ref was managing that game to try and keep it close in the 2nd half.

The first half was an abomination. We even fart and the refs call 6 again against us atm.

And then in the 2nd half the penalty that called back Teddy's LB was a deadset stitch up. Obviously they didn't want another 50pt scoreline.

Where's the consistency?
                  The six again is very inconsistent because it’s an interpretation of the ref. I don’t blame the refs much because there is a lot they have to do in 1-2 secs and they will all be different. One thing I do see is our players tend to pick themselves up from the tackle by pushing off the tackled player which most times constitutes a six again. There might be other teams doing it, maybe Penrith but I haven’t seen any other teams doing! If the player is tackled then they should get the hell out of there unless they are doing it on purpose.

BTW did you go to the game?

Comment

Call me a crazy tin foil hat wearer, but that ref was managing that game to try and keep it close in the 2nd half.

Where's the consistency?
                    totally agree, it was very poor refereeing and the Teddy call, OMG!

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

The six again is very inconsistent because it’s an interpretation of the ref. I don’t blame the refs much because there is a lot they have to do in 1-2 secs and they will all be different. One thing I do see is our players tend to pick themselves up from the tackle by pushing off the tackled player which most times constitutes a six again. There might be other teams doing it, maybe Penrith but I haven’t seen any other teams doing! If the player is tackled then they should get the hell out of there unless they are doing it on purpose.

BTW did you go to the game?
                      Nah I didn't go, mate. I had my wisdom teeth out a few days ago so I've just been indulging in the painkillers on the couch so watched it from home.

With the way we're going it looks like another GF will be my best bet to get to a game in 2020.

Comment

Where's the consistency?
                        I have been saying for a while that the refs have been managing energy levels like aerobics instructors. It is not just selectively awarding the 6-again, it is a skinny 10m.

Comment

• The ref called a player out from the Cows in the first half for not putting his foot to the ball in the play the ball. Isn’t that coaching? If he didn’t play the ball correctly then call it out. I couldn’t remember who it was so therefore couldn’t see if he played it correctly next time.

Should watch Latrell tonight agaiant the TigPies as he never puts his foot anywhere near the ball.

Poor Boydo from last weeks game. He has been called out in the past but if he hadn’t used his foot while concussed and just rolled it back from the hands then the outcome could have been entirely different.

Again the play the ball is at the refs discretion.

Lastly, people were posting the tackle seconds last week. Has Has anyone seen them for last night’s game?

Comment

• Even when we win youse whinge about the refs.
                            Imagine if what happened to Manly twice this year happened to the Chooks.
                            Most of you on here are so one eyed that you only ever see the things that go against the Chooks even though it happens to the other team as well.

Comment

• The stats have never lied. Why don't people understand that it's a grievance founded entirely on statistics?

For years we've been hammered by the refs, but it's only served to harden our boys even more and make us even tougher to beat come finals time when the whistle is somewhat put away. What delicious irony.

Again, it has ALWAYS been about the facts; not baseless whinging. I can't be arsed updating the figures but over a decade they told a clear story.

If you're not bothered that we've traditionally been reamed by the refs then that's fine, but at least acknowledge the stats.

And so far this year I sense a similar theme with the "6 again" calls. We fart, the ref shouts "6 to gooo!".

Meanwhile the Storm play "pile on" and get away with it. Klein abused us last week. Fact.

Also facts... never forget.

Screenshot_20200710-163613.jpg

Comment

• I mentioned earlier that after the covid break the ref would give as much ball as they could to the opposition inside the first 20 mins of the second half. Come the dragons game it was from the very beginning.

We did a lot of things to lose the game against the purple scum last week, throw in clowns hatchet job and we were cooked.

Don't be fooled, vlandys and annersley might talk the talk about embracing the new rules but there is still double standards for some teams.

I was a little sceptical about the new ruck speed, but it has settled a bit and I'm a fan.

Yet they still cater to the strom. Wtf? The sooner bellamy and scam Smith piss off the better.

I don't like using refs as a cop out win or lose, but they are definetly managing games to avoid blowouts.

Comment

Working...
                                X