6 again rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    It suits us because we are the kings of fast footy. In the past few years if you get a fast open game without much ref meddling, we just win. Skilful, fit and the best coached team in the comp with players having real clarity about their roles.

Pleasure to watch.
    Exactly. And teams with good skill, fitness and footy brains should be rewarded. The wrestle has loosened up and we are seeing a less stop start game. Who the hell wants to see a wrestle-a-thon? Who the hell wants to see super predictable attack? The game is now going away from both of these things and rewarding the right things.

So why are people complaining? I dont get all . It's a much better game to watch. If people want a slow game go to Union (who happens to be trying to quicken up their game to become more like ours).

Comment

• The new rules suit us beautifully. Its hard to believe the NRL introduced a new rule and the Roosters are benefiting. I don't see another team getting close to us this year.

Comment

• We are already 8 linebreaks clear of the pack, the faster ruck with the footwork of our middle forwards is a deadly combo. We will be playing matches in spring on the firm and fast SCG.....should be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post
          The new rules suit us beautifully. Its hard to believe the NRL introduced a new rule and the Roosters are benefiting. I don't see another team getting close to us this year.
          Ill bet the NRL didn't think it would suit us, a massive backfire because we are handling it better than most , if not all of the teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Ill bet the NRL didn't think it would suit us, a massive backfire because we are handling it better than most , if not all of the teams
            I doubt the NRL introduced it for the sole purpose of pushing us down the ladder but they wouldve thought teams with a focus on the wrestle would be less effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              It suits us because we are the kings of fast footy. In the past few years if you get a fast open game without much ref meddling, we just win. Skilful, fit and the best coached team in the comp with players having real clarity about their roles.

Pleasure to watch.
              That sums it up well....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post

I doubt the NRL introduced it for the sole purpose of pushing us down the ladder but they wouldve thought teams with a focus on the wrestle would be less effective.
                Agree but Ill bet they thought it would bring us back to the pack , so far seems to have had the opposite effect

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Agree but Ill bet they thought it would bring us back to the pack , so far seems to have had the opposite effect
                  I think they like to bring the best team back to the pack too. Not necessarily just an anti-Rooster thing. Teddy even mentioned that it suited his style although he was being humble when praise was being heaped on him.

Comment

• agree that we've looked v impressive since the resumption but we've only played shit/understrength/understrength shit teams. maybe the new rules suit our style of play, but other teams will play smarter. early days.

Comment

• But I thought the NRL would do anything to stop the Roosters from getting a 3peat that’s what I read on here so I thought it must of been true. Maybe after Rd 5 the NRL will change it back to 1 ref & no 6 again to make sure the Roosters don’t win the comp.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                        agree that we've looked v impressive since the resumption but we've only played shit/understrength/understrength shit teams. maybe the new rules suit our style of play, but other teams will play smarter. early days.
                        Yes it's been training runs since the restart of the comp. We did get beat by manly and penrith before the break. How we go against the Raiders storm will be a better gauge on where we're at .
                        I'm not sold on parra yet .

Comment

• Our coach obviously spent 8 weeks studying how to comply evaluate and play to the new rules..dont know what the rest were doing ...The old Mr Handshake who came up with this thought I now how to stop the rooster juggernaught.....eat shit you old bastard
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Surprise surprise, teams learning how to game the system, and refs now talking about frequently sending people to the sin-bin because they are intentionally creeping up inside the 10m (because no second ref to police it...lol), and sin binning teams that intentionally give away 6-again.

Remember these new rules were introduced to avoid defensive teams gaming the rules. At what stage did the refs actually enforce the old rules by frequently sending players to the sin bin? The whole thing is so fn ridiculous and we are already at the "bandaid on a bandaid" stage of trying to save face. After a couple games decided by sin-binning they will back peddle on that as well, and then maybe consider the 5-minute sin binning which should have been the solution to adequately punishing the teams that gamed the old rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by dice View Post
                              Surprise surprise, teams learning how to game the system, and refs now talking about frequently sending people to the sin-bin because they are intentionally creeping up inside the 10m (because no second ref to police it...lol), and sin binning teams that intentionally give away 6-again.

Remember these new rules were introduced to avoid defensive teams gaming the rules. At what stage did the refs actually enforce the old rules by frequently sending players to the sin bin? The whole thing is so fn ridiculous and we are already at the "bandaid on a bandaid" stage of trying to save face. After a couple games decided by sin-binning they will back peddle on that as well, and then maybe consider the 5-minute sin binning which should have been the solution to adequately punishing the teams that gamed the old rules.
                              I think V'Landys is on a mission to get rid of the wrestle which is a good thing so I think he will instruct the refs to clamp down over the next 2 weeks (there will be sin binnings) & get the upper hand on the coaches & then the refs will relax a bit & then when it creeps back in they will do a blitz again. Its up to the coaches how this will pan out, if they want to push the envelope then V'Landys will reply.
                              I just hope the Chooks dont get a man sin binned this week end against Parra.

Comment

• a change just announced. markers not being square will now be 6 again as opposed to a penalty. if the 6 again is helping us, this new change probably won't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X