Clear All

More like Quade Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by jaggers View Post
      is soward breaking our record?

roflol! Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Roostarz View Post
        Witty I think they have had 9 or 10 draws compared to our 4. Agree with you it is much much harder to go undefeated in league than soccer.
        It's a joke.

And typical of marketing tools who will try anything to fabricate another "record".

This Roosters record has stood the test of time and then some, in the toughest sport of all.

I call bullshit to this A-League railroad attempt.
        lol@stmerge, 1 premiership and a claytons!!!!

Comment

If they break the record tonight good luck and well done to them. Seems we have a few very bitter supporters We lost our record for the biggest GF margin and many I know cried that tries were now worth 4 points. Now our record is in danger again and we have people saying It is easier to do in soccer. What a load of crap Our record is the result of ONE player called DAVE BROWN without him there would be no record for Eastern Suburbs

I feel if you are going to compare both teams achievments Then it needs to be looked at this way Our record is the result of one player Dave Brown I believe he left the club the following year and we lost 8 games The Rugby League competition in the 30s was like todays A grade competition

Brisbane on the other hand have not lost in 35 matches in the modern era of sport where all clubs are professional. As a result all clubs in the A League are faster and fitter. They have done this with a salary cap in place. They also lost there most influencial player from last year in Matt Mackay Yet have still to lose in 11 games this year without him.

I will watch the match tonight and I will be willing Perth Glory to beat Brisbane so we can share the record If Brisbane do win or draw we should accept it with good grace that they have broken the record Records after all are made to be broken
          Last edited by Andrew Walker; 11-26-2011, 11:40 AM.
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
            If they break the record tonight good luck and well done to them. Seems we have a few very bitter supporters We lost our record for the biggest GF margin and many cried that tries were now worth 4 points Now our record is in danger again and we have people saying It is easier to do in soccer. What a load of crap Our record is the result of ONE player called DAVE BROWN without hiom there would be no record for Eastern Suburbs

I feel if you are going to compare both teams achievments Then it needs to be looked at this way Our record is the result of one player Dave Brown I beleiev he left the club the following year and we lost 8 games The Rugby League competition in the 30s was like todays A grade competition

Brisbane on the other hand have not lost in 35 matches in the modern era of sport where al;l clubs are professional As a result alkl clubs in the A League are faster and fitter They have done this with a salary cap in place They have also lost there most influencial player from last year in Matt Mackay Yet have still to lose in 11 games this year without him.

I will watch the match tonight and I will be willing Perth Glory to beat Brisbane so we can share the record If Brisbane do win ore draw we should accept it with good grace that they have broken the record Records after all are made to be broken
            Well as a Souths supporter, I reckon that's just bullshit Mr. Walker!!!!

Dave Brown played for Easts and as big a legend he was and still is, he was part of a team.

As for the grand final record margin, Easts (and on a more hilarious note, the dead club formerly known at St George) still hold that too when you factor in the 1 point differential for a try.

The Brisbane effort is outstanding yes but trying to compare Easts record with The Roar's is like comparing a Grange Hermitage to one of those ACDC Moscato goon boxes.

They're both red but the quality Mr. Walker, the quality................
            lol@stmerge, 1 premiership and a claytons!!!!

Comment

Records are meant to be broken, whether by creative accounting or other means.
              At the end of the day a club is only as good & strong as its last game or season.

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty View Post
                Well as a Souths supporter, I reckon that's just bullshit Mr. Walker!!!!

Dave Brown played for Easts and as big a legend he was and still is, he was part of a team.

As for the grand final record margin, Easts (and on a more hilarious note, the dead club formerly known at St George) still hold that too when you factor in the 1 point differential for a try.

The Brisbane effort is outstanding yes but trying to compare Easts record with The Roar's is like comparing a Grange Hermitage to one of those ACDC Moscato goon boxes.

They're both red but the quality Mr. Walker, the quality................
                The team fell apart when Dave Brown left is the point here Whilst Brisbanes most infl;uencial player of last year has moved on to bigger and better things Yet brisbane still manage not to lose

I accept the GF record was broken I also acknowledge Eastern Suburbs record was with 3 point tries

I notice you neglect to comment on the salary cap and professionalism issue I pointed out I say that is because that is indisputable and the rest opinion

No doubt you were there well over 75 years ago and saw Eastern Suburbs play and no doubt you have watched Brisbane Roar play to actually be able to make the comparisons you have made

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  If they break the record tonight good luck and well done to them. Seems we have a few very bitter supporters We lost our record for the biggest GF margin and many I know cried that tries were now worth 4 points. Now our record is in danger again and we have people saying It is easier to do in soccer. What a load of crap Our record is the result of ONE player called DAVE BROWN without him there would be no record for Eastern Suburbs

I feel if you are going to compare both teams achievments Then it needs to be looked at this way Our record is the result of one player Dave Brown I believe he left the club the following year and we lost 8 games The Rugby League competition in the 30s was like todays A grade competition

Brisbane on the other hand have not lost in 35 matches in the modern era of sport where all clubs are professional. As a result all clubs in the A League are faster and fitter. They have done this with a salary cap in place. They also lost there most influencial player from last year in Matt Mackay Yet have still to lose in 11 games this year without him.

I will watch the match tonight and I will be willing Perth Glory to beat Brisbane so we can share the record If Brisbane do win or draw we should accept it with good grace that they have broken the record Records after all are made to be broken
                  We lost 5 games and had 3 draws. As for you saying the comp back in those days was a low standard, I would say, compared to what? The players playing the game back then would have been in the top 100 players playing the game world wide which you can't say about the current A-League players.

I agree, Brisbane has been awesome but to belittle the achievements of our guys and say it was all down to one player is taking things to the extreme, particularly when you consider he left at the end of 1936 and we still didn't lose a game in 1937.

Comment

Hypothesising on a series of games 70+ years ago has to be the most obtuse use of argument I've read for a long time on this board and I invoked Thomas Ley a few hours ago!

Comment

Well the Roar beat Perth 4-0 and now the have gone unbeaten for 36 games.

Regardless of how many games The Roar have gone undefeated, i would still consider Easts Record of more worth for a few factors:

1) less draws in Easts' record
                      2) Easts' record lasted over 3 season, which included tours and international matches where key players were taken for long tours to the UK or in Australia.
                      3) The Easts Record was completed in an era where it was not professional, your average working class joe who held a job and played footy, they are the ones who created history.

In the end, records were made to be broken.........it is up to the Modern day Roosters to bring it back.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                        We lost 5 games and had 3 draws. As for you saying the comp back in those days was a low standard, I would say, compared to what? The players playing the game back then would have been in the top 100 players playing the game world wide which you can't say about the current A-League players.

I agree, Brisbane has been awesome but to belittle the achievements of our guys and say it was all down to one player is taking things to the extreme, particularly when you consider he left at the end of 1936 and we still didn't lose a game in 1937.
                        Your comparison is ridiculous about the top 100 players and has no semblance of balance in regards to the two codes. Rugby league is a sport played predominantly in a handful of counties soccer is a worldwide game

It is not belittling the achievment of Eastern Suburbs Meagrely putting a sense of balance to what the two sides have achieved Do you think I would have mentioned this had it not been for some of our supporters sour grapes in belittling what the Roar have achieved When it looked likely the record would be broken

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

Regardless of how many games The Roar have gone undefeated, i would still consider Easts Record of more worth for a few factors:

2) Easts' record lasted over 3 season, which included tours and international matches where key players were taken for long tours to the UK or in Australia.
                          3) The Easts Record was completed in an era where it was not professional, your average working class joe who held a job and played footy, they are the ones who created history.

In the end, records were made to be broken.........it is up to the Modern day Roosters to bring it back.
                          Tell us Supermario or anyone else How many more games do you want Roar to go unbeaten before yopu consider the Roiasr effort of more or even equal worth

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

4) Because you support the Roosters! ;-)

Comment

Now that I know what it's all about, how can anyone dispute the Roars record? There are many factors that go into maintaining a record like this. So what if they drew a few games or the Easts record was in 3 seasons...blah blah blah. I'm sure that traveling to Glebe, Newtown or whatever team Easts played wasn't as inconvenient like having to travel to Perth, Melbourne or NZ. I think credit should be given to the Roar for their feat and hopefully the Roosters can take it back, though I doubt that it could ever happen again.

Comment

A sport that can go for 90 mins and have no result. A sport than can be decided by a fairy taking a dive. A sport headed by a corrupt organisation like FIFA.

Sorry to the hair gel loving, flare lighting brigade, but it gets no respect from this Rooster.

Comment

Working...
                                X