What's This Record I hear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's This Record I hear?

I've been listening the sporting news about the QLD Roar about to break a 35 match record which was set by the Eastern Suburbs Roosters. Can someone please elaborate on that?

Longest unbeaten streak by any Australian football code.

Comment

Roc

This is a copy paste of mine of an earlier thread on the same topic, the only thing that has changed is that roar are now equal on 35 , they have had another 2 draws i think since the following thread .........

With the help of google

The Easts side of !935/36/37 hold the all codes australian record with 35 games ... 4 of these games were drawn ... more than i would have thought ... the the roar are currently on 31 games undefeated ... 7 of which have been drawn.

Most consecutive wins ...draws not included ... in NRL ... is 19 games ... held by 1975 Easts side.

Fom memory Manlys 1997 and Canterburys 2002 came within a game of equalling this record. If memory serves me correct the roosters 1997 side protected their clubs record by stopping manlys streak. This may have been the game where gould threatened to take the roosters team off the field in protest to the refereeing in the game

Comment

Eastern Suburbs went unbeaten in 35 games between June 25, 1935 and April 23, 1938 and won three premierships in 1935, 1936 and 1937 during their golden streak. Damn you Roar!!!

Comment

Oh OK...i wasn't even born then so I didn't know how I missed it
          Thank you friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts View Post
            Roc

This is a copy paste of mine of an earlier thread on the same topic, the only thing that has changed is that roar are now equal on 35 , they have had another 2 draws i think since the following thread .........

With the help of google

The Easts side of !935/36/37 hold the all codes australian record with 35 games ... 4 of these games were drawn ... more than i would have thought ... the the roar are currently on 31 games undefeated ... 7 of which have been drawn.

Most consecutive wins ...draws not included ... in NRL ... is 19 games ... held by 1975 Easts side.

Fom memory Manlys 1997 and Canterburys 2002 came within a game of equalling this record. If memory serves me correct the roosters 1997 side protected their clubs record by stopping manlys streak. This may have been the game where gould threatened to take the roosters team off the field in protest to the refereeing in the game
            I was trying to find that too. At least our 19 match winning streak record is still safe.

Comment

it's bullshit though, draws are so common in soccer, like to see how many draws there were in the Roar's streak compared to ours back in the day
              I support two NRL teams, the Roosters and whoevers playing Souths

Comment

Witty I think they have had 9 or 10 draws compared to our 4. Agree with you it is much much harder to go undefeated in league than soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts View Post
                  Roc

With the help of google

Fom memory Manlys 1995 and Canterburys 2002 came within a game of equalling this record. If memory serves me correct the roosters 1995 side protected their clubs record by stopping manlys streak. This may have been the game where gould threatened to take the roosters team off the field in protest to the refereeing in the game
                  Fixed the year for you. Manly made it to 15 wins straight and the Dogs got to 17. We were the one's that knocked off Manly beating them 21-16 in a controversial clash where Gus wanted to bring the team off the field mid way through the 2nd half because of the poor refereeing at the time. The ref, David Jay, never reffed another top grade game again. The Warriors stopped the Bulldogs run

Comment

Comparing the Jets' winning streak to the Roosters winning streak is like comparing Spastic Olympics runner to Usain Bolt.

Soccer (or Football as the Eurotrash call it) is a game for people who can't play normal sports like Cricket, Union (god help me its better than soccer but then so would eating human faeces over dog faeces) and League.

Comment

Another reason to hate soccer.

Comment

Piss off.
                        I wasn't there back in 1935 but I bet it was still a lot harder to go unbeaten in league than soccer.
                        Those prancing, diving little gay boy inbreds can have their record, we are still better

Comment

It was the Eastern Suburbs Tri-colours who had the record streak from the mid 30's. There was no Eastern Suburbs Roosters until the 60's.

Pedantic yes, but the news people should really get it correct

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster85 View Post
                            Piss off.
                            I wasn't there back in 1935 but I bet it was still a lot harder to go unbeaten in league than soccer.
                            Those prancing, diving little gay boy inbreds can have their record, we are still better
                            Is Soward breaking our record?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggers View Post
                              Is Soward breaking our record?
                              Haha, must admit it made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                              X