Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

"One of the criticisms I've faced over the years is that I'm not aggressive enough or assertive enough, or maybe somehow, because I'm empathetic, I'm weak. I totally rebel against that. I refuse to believe that you cannot be both compassionate and strong." - Jacinda Ardern
    Jacinda needs to learn that if she buys a ticket to ride the free speech express, and goes blasting politicians of other countries about their policies, woman or not she could well get some blasting right back.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Makes sense. Would you want to be seen in those shyt colours?
      Most of them are so high on meth they aren’t too concerned about their fashion sense.

Comment

• Coronavirus Anzac Day.

The honour rolls in the eastern suburbs are long.
        No marches this year, events on tv.

Ray played a nice song on the radio the other day in honour of the Day and the veterans.

"Raise Your Glass" by group 'Simply Bushed' ...From several years ago.

Easily accessed on Youtube...song/!video.

Some lyrics:

"An English colonel made that careless call,
        with no regard for human life at all.
        And some took one step, some took two,
        not many walked away.
        The beaches flowed with blood,
        the highest price they paid.

Raise you glass,
        to a hundred years of freedom.
        Raise your glass.................

Lest We Forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          I had a nice swim at Maroubra Beach this morning. Being born and bred in Bondi it was my first time swimming there. Happy to report I saw quite a few Roosters hats and not a Rabbit in sight.
          Winning comps will do that.
          Did you go & have a coffee with the Bra Boys after your swim?

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
            Coronavirus Anzac Day.

The honour rolls in the eastern suburbs are long.
            No marches this year, events on tv.

Ray played a nice song on the radio the other day in honour of the Day and the veterans.

"Raise Your Glass" by group 'Simply Bushed' ...From several years ago.

Easily accessed on Youtube...song/!video.

Some lyrics:

"An English colonel made that careless call,
            with no regard for human life at all.
            And some took one step, some took two,
            not many walked away.
            The beaches flowed with blood,
            the highest price they paid.

Raise you glass,
            to a hundred years of freedom.
            Raise your glass.................

Lest We Forget.
            Great song and band BB. Regulars at the Tamworth festival, last caught them on Australia Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Great song and band BB. Regulars at the Tamworth festival, last caught them on Australia Day.
              On YouTube also are their songs:

"What about me"
              (Vietnam vets)

"No More Holdens"

I'd not heard of them before.
              They have a new fan.

Comment

On YouTube also are their songs:

"What about me"
                (Vietnam vets)

"No More Holdens"

I'd not heard of them before.
                They have a new fan.
                I know Pauly the charismatic frontman. There's nothing more quintessentially Aussie than a good bush band. I don't listen to Raaaay but know he is a big country music fan.

Comment

Coronavirus...hunger pandemic.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/corona...&OCID=AVRES000

UN food agency chief: World on brink of `a hunger pandemic'

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The head of the U.N. food agency warned Tuesday that, as the world is dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, it is also “on the brink of a hunger pandemic” that could lead to “multiple famines of biblical proportions” within a few months if immediate action isn’t taken.

#####

That should be ok...a link, a heading, and two lines of text. Then my comments as always below the 5 #'s

Famines?
                  All the more reason for ScoMo, Prime Minister of Australia with whom the buck stops....to wave his magic wand and make water from the Murray available immediately to the farmers in our $20 billion food bowl...to grow rice and wheat so we don't starve.
                  We were importing rice from Vietnam, reportedly, then Vietnam closed down for the Coronavirus pandemic., reportedly.

As a teen child I used to carry a whip around my suburb with me [to 'whip' the bullies away] ….but it was not I last week outside the Chinese consulate in Sydney cracking a whip and shouting out some inappropriate stuff...and then "Wake up Australia! "Wake up Australia"!
                  His last words are totally correct.

In our supermarket freezer sections there is a lot of food "made in China", "product of China".
                  Also, "made in Australia from 10% Australian ingredients". Where the rest come from.?

Supermarket deli....sliced ham "10% Australian ingredients", where the other 90% come from? Overseas somewhere. Where overseas?..China? It doesn't say.
                  Hi BB. I hope you are Mrs BB are well today. I just wanted to let you know that Woolies have reopened all their delivery windows and have lifted a lot of restrictions now on product availability. There are lot of specials this week too. I know you said you no longer live in Sydney but I though I would let you know anyway in case. Yes I get quite perplexed with supermarket labelling too. I was lucky growing up in country Qld as my family had a fruit & vege shop and we never had anything much that wasn't Aussie grown.
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Hi BB. I hope you are Mrs BB are well today. I just wanted to let you know that Woolies have reopened all their delivery windows and have lifted a lot of restrictions now on product availability. There are lot of specials this week too. I know you said you no longer live in Sydney but I though I would let you know anyway in case. Yes I get quite perplexed with supermarket labelling too. I was lucky growing up in country Qld as my family had a fruit & vege shop and we never had anything much that wasn't Aussie grown.
                    I don't know any words to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Got a delivery from WW the other day, including toilet paper and facial tissues. Thanks for your kind wishes and info.

They omitted 2 items, lucky I was playing accountant and ticking them all off the list.
                    I rang, the computer voice lady took a refund request, it was approved and the money credited to my account.
                    All good.

Comment

I don't know any words to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Got a delivery from WW the other day, including toilet paper and facial tissues. Thanks for your kind wishes and info.

They omitted 2 items, lucky I was playing accountant and ticking them all off the list.
                      I rang, the computer voice lady took a refund request, it was approved and the money credited to my account.
                      All good.
                      Good to hear BB and I hope you enjoy the weekend. I went to Coles up the road and got my gluten free Anzac biscuits. Toilet paper at the end every aisle..so much it's almost laughable now.

Comment

• Supermarkets are rejecting people trying to return toilet paper for a refund....
                        These people should be quarantined from society as there is no vaccine for stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                          Supermarkets are rejecting people trying to return toilet paper for a refund....
                          These people should be quarantined from society as there is no vaccine for stupidity
                          Covidiots?

Comment

• Coronavirus
                            Why I really cracked it. P15 Sun Tele today.

Raimond …...reckons he just used a quintessentially Australian method to express his anger at the Chinese govt over their handling of the Covid-19 crisis.

#####

Age 55
                            Survivor of leukaemia and several other serious illnesses, he's well aware of the virus' potential to kill people with compromised immune systems.
                            Having always had a thing about bullies, says he just wanted to stand in front of the security cameras and have them capture him saying:
                            "Hey Chinese govt, this is your fault, so get this up ya".
                            So that's what he did at about 10.50am on March 31.

After the incident he drove to Dee Why police station and handed himself in.

Says if he had had a loud hailer he would've taken that over the whip to avoid the armed with intent 'business' [charge].
                            Also that if he had his time over he would've reviewed his choice of words.
                            "I was getting pretty wound up" he said.
                            Accused of racism, he says he has Chinese friends and that nothing he said was racist.
                            He used the whip to make a noise and punctuate the very colourful language he was using
                            [I]"The only person I threatened, I threatened to put a bullet in the general secretary's head. I don't own a gun, it was just colourful language".

Mr ….. was charged with stalking, and being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence.

His trial is in Manly court on July1.

Hope he doesn't get tossed in prison for that.
                            Maybe he could get one of those Intensive Correction Orders, where you don't get tossed in prison but instead have an ankle bracelet or something.
                            Maybe home detention.
                            Maybe some community service.
                            Maybe a fine [he might not have much money if he's been sick though.] how will he afford a good lawyer? Good lawyers can make the difference.
                            Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-26-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Coronavirus: China's boycott/economic sanctions.

China is speaking boycott/economic sanctions on Australia if it pursues the inquiry into the source of the Coronavirus that had devastated the world.
                              Boycott/economic sanctions on Australia in the industries of Tourism, Education, Agriculture.

One political commentator in Australia said yesterday; "China is intent on bending Australia to its will".
                              On tv last night it was revealed that: "During the lockdown, China built a new warship." Also "China seems to now be intent on enforcing its declared ownership of the South China Sea".

On tv last night Prue MacSween, and Peta Credlin stated that Australia should become greatly less reliant on China for everything it is now.
                              Prue MacSween said "Wake up Australia".

Today, Miranda Devine writes in the DT:

Wake up Australia, we need to China-proof our economy.

For too long we have pretended China was not ruled by the Communist Party. We must send a message that we will not stand for threats and lies. Taking back the port of Darwin would be a start, writes Miranda Devine.
                              If we weren’t already aware of the mistake we made hitching our economic fortunes to a communist dictatorship, the threats this week from the Chinese ambassador should dispel any complacency.

Ambassador Cheng Jingye warned that Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s call for an inquiry into the origin of the coronavirus was “dangerous” and threatened a consumer boycott of two of our biggest export earners, tourism and education.

“The tourists may have second thoughts,” he told the Australian Financial Review.
                              “The parents of the students would also think whether this place which they found is not so friendly, even hostile, whether this is the best place to send their kids here.
                              “It is up to the people to decide. Maybe the ordinary people will say ‘Why should we drink Australian wine? Eat Australian beef?’”

Yeah, sure it’s up to the people to decide.
                              We know what happens to Chinese people who don't do the Communist Party bidding.
                              They disappear, maybe to return after being tortured into recanting.

#####

Well there you go.
                              Maybe Australian 'ordinary' people might have some second thoughts also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                                Supermarkets are rejecting people trying to return toilet paper for a refund....
                                Oh that is just disgraceful. Just keep it in the cupboard and be grateful you had the means to buy it in the first place or donate it to a shelter. It will hardly expire. I was talking to my uncle recently about the hoarding of pasta and flour as the family were trying to make Dad's hot cross buns on Good Friday as he used to be a baker in the 1960's and he had a very popular family recipe. Luckily my cousin found some the day before and she was able to make them. I didn't understand the pasta hoarding myself as I can't eat it due to an intolerance. I'll bet that is the next item people will try and get refunds on.

Comment

Working...
                                X