X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    Now Tom Hanks and wife have the virus
    Wife Rita was at ch 9.
    ...everywhere at 9...staff sent home for isolation.
    Tom and Rita were everyhere in Sydney...selfies with fans, hugs etc.
    Now in Gold Coast hospital being treated for the virus.
    Oh dear.

Fans at the Parra v Dogs game tonite were not1metre apart, like the "social distance" guidelines state.
    Where is big john coffee off the green mile when you need him
    Last edited by Bondicigar; 03-13-2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Where is big john coffee off the green mile when you need him
      now in your best deepest voice ... "juzz lyyk tha drink, only not spelled da same"
      Last edited by Hawkeye; 03-13-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• So I reckon at some point the season is highly likely to be suspended for at least a month.

Do the NRL reschedule games or just not play them? If the season gets pushed back I reckon the Kangaroo tour will be cancelled.

We could be looking at a GF in November.

Comment

• http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

Hospital staff in NSW told to prepare for 8,000 coronavirus deaths

#####

8,000...that's a lot of dead people and devastated loved ones.

The recommendation now is to stay one metre away from everyone else, even in your own home.

In USA... basketball, hockey have been suspended.
          Ireland has closed all schools and colleges.
          Italy has shut all shops except chemists and groceries.

Yet with the virus now a pandemic, in Australia events with large crowds where it's impossible for people to stay one metre away from anyone else, continue on like nothing's happening.

If sporting events in Australia must be played they should from now on be played in empty stadiums.

No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

Doctors call for immediate ban on large public gatherings to tackle risk of coronavirus infection
          Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-13-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

now in your best deepest voice ... "juzz lyyk tha drink, only not spelled da same"
            Green mile?
            Actor; Michael Clarke Duncan.

YouTube "Steve Harvey and Michael Clarke Duncan"
            -then Flashback Friday: Michael Clarke Duncan

* comedy with live audience [rofl]
            Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-13-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

#####

The recommendation now is to stay one metre away from everyone else, even in your own home.

Yet with the virus now a pandemic, in Australia events with large crowds where it's impossible for people to stay one metre away from anyone else, continue on like nothing's happening.

If sporting events in Australia must be played they should from now on be played in empty stadiums.

Doctors call for immediate ban on large public gatherings to tackle risk of coronavirus infection
              So no large gatherings...…. that means don't go to work, close all the shopping centres and schools, and offices, and stop all public transport, no trains, close all the airports, close all theatres, restaurants, clubs, hotels, lock yourselves in the house for 3 months...…. what absolute bullshit, if you feel sick, stay home, if it gets worse go to the doctor, but now we have uninfected people going to have tests to see if they have the virus, taking up space from people who may actually be sick. In 2009 the SWINE flu infected almost 1 BILLION people worldwide, and KILLED about 400,000, none of this bullshit went on then, and life goes on, this shit happens regularly, 1957, 2 million died of Asian flu, 1969, 1 million died of Hong Kong flu. I don't remember any footy games being cancelled in 1957, 1969 or 2009.
              Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 03-13-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• News that the ODI cricket match at the SCG tonight will be closed to the public. Lot of pressure on the NRL now.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

So no large gatherings...…. that means don't go to work, close all the shopping centres and schools, and offices, and stop all public transport, no trains, close all the airports, close all theatres, restaurants, clubs, hotels, lock yourselves in the house for 3 months...…. what absolute bullshit, if you feel sick, stay home, if it gets worse go to the doctor, but now we have uninfected people going to have tests to see if they have the virus, taking up space from people who may actually be sick. In 2009 the SWINE flu infected almost 1 BILLION people worldwide, and KILLED about 400,000, none of this bullshit went on then, and life goes on, this shit happens regularly, 1957, 2 million died of Asian flu, 1969, 1 million died of Hong Kong flu. I don't remember any footy games being cancelled in 1957, 1969 or 2009.
                  We live in more enlightened times...not willing to sacrifice lives on the alter of
                  indifference.
                  Life does go on...people need to work,
                  catch public transport..
                  Special squads are wiping surfaces on trains, buses etc very often.
                  People are working from home.
                  Vic Premier gave the Grand Prix an
                  ultimatum..."no spectators, or no race."
                  Grand Prix has officially been postponed.

NRL must have crowd-free matches now.

Disneyland is closed.
                  US baseball is postponed...as is US
                  soccer.

Preparing for 8000 dead in NSW.
                  Likely to be the elderly.
                  Italy can't treat everyone with the virus...so anyone over 80 is on their own.
                  Someone's nans and pops.
                  Someone's mums and dads.
                  Someoone's siblings.
                  Guess govts here don't want that on their hands.
                  Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-13-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry Norfolk but that is an incredibly selfish and ignorant way of looking at this - and this is coming from someone who two weeks ago laughed in his wife’s face when she told me to start buying up in bulk. We live in NYC, and as of today, it’s a state of emergency (and panic buying ensued).

The NBA/NHL and other major events are all cancelled, but people are accepting it and getting over it. I implore you to do some reading from western doctors in Italy who are begging the rest of the world not to follow in their footsteps by ignoring the warnings until it’s too late. It’s not just about the mortality rate, it’s about the unbelievable ability of this virus to spread...and maybe you don’t get sick or show any symptoms, but you pass by someone who catches it from you, and their immune systems can’t fight it like yours. It’s a pandemic for a reason - there’s been no way to stop the spread without extreme measures like lockdowns and empty sporting venues. The fact the NRL hasn’t really publicly canvassed it is an enormous worry.

This is bigger than you and it’s bigger than the NRL. There’s a great saying that before a pandemic, authorities are always accused of overreacting, and when it’s finally passed, are always accused of not doing enough.

Comment

#####

Lot of funerals too.
                      Good for the funeral industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labinator View Post

Sorry Norfolk but that is an incredibly selfish and ignorant way of looking at this - and this is coming from someone who two weeks ago laughed in his wife’s face when she told me to start buying up in bulk. We live in NYC, and as of today, it’s a state of emergency (and panic buying ensued).

The NBA/NHL and other major events are all cancelled, but people are accepting it and getting over it. I implore you to do some reading from western doctors in Italy who are begging the rest of the world not to follow in their footsteps by ignoring the warnings until it’s too late. It’s not just about the mortality rate, it’s about the unbelievable ability of this virus to spread...and maybe you don’t get sick or show any symptoms, but you pass by someone who catches it from you, and their immune systems can’t fight it like yours. It’s a pandemic for a reason - there’s been no way to stop the spread without extreme measures like lockdowns and empty sporting venues. The fact the NRL hasn’t really publicly canvassed it is an enormous worry.

This is bigger than you and it’s bigger than the NRL. There’s a great saying that before a pandemic, authorities are always accused of overreacting, and when it’s finally passed, are always accused of not doing enough.
                        Very well written. Do us all a favour and spend more
                        time on the forum.

Comment

• So in Round 3 we face catching what the Souths supporters have and Coronavirus. I’m considering not going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Lot of funerals too.
                            Good for the funeral industry.
                            And good for some people who'd be only too happy to get their hands on the assets sooner, from my experience.

Prime Minister said we're in a war...and patriots are needed, needed to fight the enemy COVID-19.
                            Patriots are needed to make sacrifice so that others might live.
                            Don't have to charge the machine guns on the Western front. Don't have to try to climb the cliffs at Gallipoli. Don't have to suffer on Kokoda Track.
                            The sacrifice is maybe watching the footy on tv instead of attending games in person...keeping 1m away from others in public, maybe not going to the Easter Show...etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labinator View Post

Please tell me what I wrote that was ignorant and selfish. What I stated were FACTS. 2009..... Swine Flue, ONE BILLION infected, 400,000 DEAD. I stand by my statements, this is a massive over reaction, by a bunch of so called leaders who couldn't lead a conga line, let alone a country, same as the panic about Climate Change, this generation will go down in history as the most hysterical of all time. As I said, if you feel a bit crook, stay home, if it gets worse in a few days go to the doctor.

Comment

Please tell me what I wrote that was ignorant and selfish. What I stated were FACTS. 2009..... Swine Flue, ONE BILLION infected, 400,000 DEAD. I stand by my statements, this is a massive over reaction, by a bunch of so called leaders who couldn't lead a conga line, let alone a country, same as the panic about Climate Change, this generation will go down in history as the most hysterical of all time. As I said, if you feel a bit crook, stay home, if it gets worse in a few days go to the doctor.
                                You’re ignoring the fact that symptoms typically don’t show for two weeks - so a passing cough or sneeze is all it takes to infect someone else. By the time most are “feeling a bit crook”, it’s already too late in terms of exposure to others. Again, do some reading from countries that are beyond inundated with cases...two or three weeks ago, they could count them on one hand.

You’re whinging about “so called leadership”!? What do you want them to do? I’d argue there isn’t enough leadership with all these half assed approaches. Again, look at Italy, China, South Korea where cases soared exponentially. This isn’t like climate change..the numbers are right in front of us and reported every day

God forbid if one of your family members contracted this...you’ll be the first to scream out that they didn’t do enough.
                                Last edited by Labinator; 03-13-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X