NRL 2020 Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRL 2020 Ad

Thoughts on the Ad? I am so over the NRL trying to be so politely correct and trying to please everyone. Your product is football, highlight that.

from a Roosters perspective, think it’s a bit of a joke we only get 5 seconds of the ad, after being the first team to go back to back in 25 years.

https://youtu.be/3afWSPoIBs8

Originally posted by Bowzy View Post
    Thoughts on the Ad? I am so over the NRL trying to be so politely correct and trying to please everyone. Your product is football, highlight that.

from a Roosters perspective, think it’s a bit of a joke we only get 5 seconds of the ad, after being the first team to go back to back in 25 years.

https://youtu.be/3afWSPoIBs8
    So basically anything you don't like is too 'politely correct'? Get over it man! The ad's pretty good and I mean... it's an ad and they're trying to show how far the game has come. It's now attractive to a diverse audience rather than a bunch of beer swilling bogans down at the leagues club.

I agree though. Do we even get 5 seconds? Doubt it. I noticed a split second where Cords is holding the trophy. You'd almost think that the Raiders or Storm won it last year.

Comment

it's alright. channel 9 one is better. don't know why the NRL thought it a good idea to film a 5 year old kid and pretend it was Cameron Smith. Tacky.

Comment

Another ad based on qld. Just like the bias comentry team. All qld.
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Thought it was so so, probably needed more Izzy

Comment

Was that the nrl ad ? I THOUGHT IT WAS FATRELLS Jenny Craig ad
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Ali Brigginshaw deserve a part......WTF
              Roosterd massively snubbed...but to be expected , jealousy

Comment

Was going well until a flag appeared.

Crickey I can just imagine some woke wanker in a focus group suggesting to plonk that in. No Australian flag?

It's better to just keep politics out of sport, and let the great game speak for all Aussies and what it's brought to our lives.

Comment

I didnt mind it actually , expect the part were they let the vermin back in the comp that is

Comment

Easts are featured for 2 seconds. 1 second with Cords holding the trophy followed by a 1 second shot of the wall featuring Artie Beetson. Oh, and I forgot, there’s a 2 second bit of the Todd Byrne tackle. Yep, Roosters were definitely snubbed.
                    It’s a very politically motivated piece, heavily favouring Souths and indigenous connection with Latrell standing with an aboriginal flag draped over him like a cape whilst a young aboriginal girl sings the chorus of “Simply the best”. This implies Latrell is the best player in the game. NO! He’s not the best player in the game, Teddy is.
                    Anyway, it’s controversial and comes across as trying to be politically correct. I personally don’t think it represents the majority but rather the minority and therefore fails. I don’t like it. It would have been better to show more footy with fantastic tries and fans cheering. That’s just my opinion.

Comment

No need to show 2 girls kissing!!!!
                      why is Macklemore shown rapping and not the DalyM Tedesco
                      why one flag & not both or none at all
                      Should’ve added the Anzac clash & some appreciation for our B2B achievements.

Comment

PC Rubbish!

Comment

It is simply the best.
                          Go the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                            Easts are featured for 2 seconds. 1 second with Cords holding the trophy followed by a 1 second shot of the wall featuring Artie Beetson. Oh, and I forgot, there’s a 2 second bit of the Todd Byrne tackle. Yep, Roosters were definitely snubbed.
                            It’s a very politically motivated piece, heavily favouring Souths and indigenous connection with Latrell standing with an aboriginal flag draped over him like a cape whilst a young aboriginal girl sings the chorus of “Simply the best”. This implies Latrell is the best player in the game. NO! He’s not the best player in the game, Teddy is.
                            Anyway, it’s controversial and comes across as trying to be politically correct. I personally don’t think it represents the majority but rather the minority and therefore fails. I don’t like it. It would have been better to show more footy with fantastic tries and fans cheering. That’s just my opinion.
                            I just don’t like the fact that the Roosters - a foundation club, and the most relevant and successful club of the nrl era who recently won back to back comps (a rarity in the game) - were given only four seconds of time. I’m pretty sure the warriors were given more time then us
                            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

God you're a bunch of sooks, everyone is "too pc" but as soon as something isn't directly aimed at you, you basically throw a tantrum. It's an ad, it's supposed to bring in new fans, not more middle aged men.
                              Last edited by Moose; 03-03-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X