• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell Souths Dramas

Let the dramas begin

The Whistler

Feb 29 2020
    ALL is not going as smoothly as South Sydney have hoped with the Latrell Mitchell signing as we close in on the start of the new season.

The controversial Mitchell joined the Bunnies in a blaze of publicity over the summer after falling out with the Roosters.

The talented utility back had a mixed debut for the Rabbitohs against the Dragons in the Charity Shield last weekend.

Mitchell set up a try for Campbell Graham with his opening touch in his new position at fullback but then was caught out of position a couple of times and made a bad error under the high ball.

But it is off the field that I am hearing things are a little strained.

Mitchell liked to do things HIS way at the Roosters - and it was that attitude that saw him fall out with Coach Trent Robinson and his team-mates.

And Souths players I know tell me he has brought that same mindset to the Bunnies… and it hasn’t gone down well.

There’s been no blazing rows or fisticuffs, nothing that dramatic, but Souths players are a little wary of their new signing.

Wayne Bennett’s greatest strength is his man-management skills, and hopefully he will see the danger signs and get the youngster to realise there is no ‘I’ in ’TEAM’ and get all his players pulling in the same direction.

The Whistler

Liked it so much you posted it 3 times eh?

Who the hell is the whistler?

Comment

He's got a bit of the Mundane narcissism about him. And selflessness is one of the traits of the Roosters way. It's becoming a bit clearer why we released him.

Still, Gibbo used to say some of the players were a bit selfish, but they got the job done and he accommodated them.

Comment

Latrell seems to be having a good old time off the field with his new best buds if you check out his latest Instagram post. I can’t remember him being “so charged” when he was at the Chooks.

Comment

Saying Mitchell SET UP Grahams try is a stretch, all he did was pass the ball. He was useless otherwise, must say I enjoyed his mediocrity. He is no 1st grade fullback, not smart enough, fit enough and has no work ethic. Happy to see him at Souffs.

Comment

Ummm.. Not our problem anymore.

The grass is not always greener blah blah blah...

Will be Jamil Idris/Owen Craige mark 2

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
              Saying Mitchell SET UP Grahams try is a stretch, all he did was pass the ball. He was useless otherwise, must say I enjoyed his mediocrity. He is no 1st grade fullback, not smart enough, fit enough and has no work ethic. Happy to see him at Souffs.
              Indeed.
              Passed the ball for the try from...
              left centre.

Comment

Don’t wish to see latrell fail but if this is his destiny, I hope it happens over there
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Indeed.
                  Passed the ball for the try from...
                  left centre.
                  Well if he'd passed from fullback they might have called it forward..
                  V'Landys is the King. Too good for politics.

Comment

I think his body shape is just too big for the miles needed at the back. Even if he trimmed down as much as he could, he will be walking a fine line needing some weight/power.

He will get his wish retiring early on those knees. I will be watching closely but I'll be honest, I can't stand watching some teams and souffs head up that list.
                    "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                      Ummm.. Not our problem anymore.

The grass is not always greener blah blah blah...

Will be Jamil Idris/Owen Craige mark 2
                      He's a better player than they were.
                      He's 22...I had no idea at that age either.
                      I was a "fast learner" though...faster than he is.
                      So far most things in footy/life have gone fairly smoothly for him.
                      Most things, not all.
                      Adored by fans, and the media.
                      Guided, mentored by TR etc.
                      He should've stayed with us, played left centre, signed the $800,000 contract and
                      taken advantage of our generosity.

IMO he's no 'Teddy' and will never be.
                      For $1m per season clubs will expect him to be.
                      Maybe he'll realise that left centre is his best chance of a glittering career and very good money.
                      If he doesn't, then what club will want to sign him (to be a second rate fullback.)

Comment

Thanks for posting. It’s great therapy for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                          Liked it so much you posted it 3 times eh?

Who the hell is the whistler?
                          He’s my new favourite journo.

Comment

It’s his families job to keep him grounded. They are no doubt wankers.

Comment

LoL what happened to "I've played fullback my whole life" LoL where was the running Decoys and pushing up on every play(sticking to the ball) like TEDDY ! It's ashame he didn't listen to ROBBO AN UNCLE NICK so silly great centre not a fullback

Comment

Working...
                              X