Cooper Life Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
    Its life member of the football club. It was Nick's decision made at the presentation night last year.
    I didn't hear any complaints
    He had to have it proposed, seconded, then passed by the Football Club members before it could be awarded...which it obviously was.
    Cooper arrived, gave his all on and off the field, helped change our culture and set a great example, helped us win
    back to back titles, then retired.
    Whoosh!
    Now has joined our coaching staff.
    Deserved to be awarded Life Membership.
    Mini was awarded Life Membership
    several years ago.
    Last edited by bondi.boy; 02-28-2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I have tried but can't find a list of Roosters life members , anyone have a link to it

Comment

Congrats Cooper.

Well deserved.

I reckon Fitzy must be close, too.

Comment

From a dark corner corner of the web (which isn't up to date and doesn't include Robbo, Mini and Ricko):

Ferris Ashton, John Boland, Richard Dunn, Russell Fairfax, Kevin Hastings, Reg Lennon, Barry Reilly, Robert Seabrook, Keith Steel, Bill Sullivan, Royce Ayliffe, Ron Coote, Rod Boland, Bob Johnson, Harry Collins, Tim Webster, Mark Harris, Nick Politis, Wally O'Connell, B Van Heekeren, Anthony Stavrianos, Carl Ward, John Brass, Kevin Junee, Jack Gibson, Ron Jones, Bill Mullins, Stan Winter, Albert Seabrook, Brian Tracey and now Brad Fitler.

Comment

Captains call from Nick who obviously feels a huge gratitude to Cooper.

I'll be the dissenter and say 2 years work probably doesn't quite cut it for being a Life Member. But Nicks the boss.

Coopers influence should extend beyond these 2 obviously and he is a true champion of our game, no question about that.

Comment

I think Nik got a bit emotional on the night and made the announcement , maybe in hindsight, but I'm happy fo4 it to happens but as someone else said , Fitzy probably deserve it soon to

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                From a dark corner corner of the web (which isn't up to date and doesn't include Robbo, Mini and Ricko):

Ferris Ashton, John Boland, Richard Dunn, Russell Fairfax, Kevin Hastings, Reg Lennon, Barry Reilly, Robert Seabrook, Keith Steel, Bill Sullivan, Royce Ayliffe, Ron Coote, Rod Boland, Bob Johnson, Harry Collins, Tim Webster, Mark Harris, Nick Politis, Wally O'Connell, B Van Heekeren, Anthony Stavrianos, Carl Ward, John Brass, Kevin Junee, Jack Gibson, Ron Jones, Bill Mullins, Stan Winter, Albert Seabrook, Brian Tracey and now Brad Fitler.
                Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Must be rare to receive this highest honour after only two years. Can only applaud the decision. Great to have Cooper recognised for life.
                  The Board waived the rules as a special case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    Captains call from Nick who obviously feels a huge gratitude to Cooper.

I'll be the dissenter and say 2 years work probably doesn't quite cut it for being a Life Member. But Nicks the boss.

Coopers influence should extend beyond these 2 obviously and he is a true champion of our game, no question about that.
                    2 years today is like 10 years of yesterday...the world changed forever on 9/11.
                    "Do things now, there might not be tomorrow."
                    Cooper did as much for the Roosters in 2 years as others did in 10.
                    Basically delivered 2 premierships.
                    Deserved a special resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

2 years today is like 10 years of yesterday...the world changed forever on 9/11.
                      "Do things now, there might not be tomorrow."
                      Cooper did as much for the Roosters in 2 years as others did in 10.
                      Basically delivered 2 premierships.
                      Deserved a special resolution.
                      I dont like hearing one person "delivered" a premiership. But you certainly aren't alone in making that statement.

It takes a village.

Comment

Yes , take Luke out , Teddy , even Latrine , take any of them Jwh and we probably don't win , Coops was the glue but it takes a team
                        Last edited by Rooster1908; 02-28-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

ok, I don't want to sound like a Cooper critic, early on he had some very poor games ( by his standard ) however he delivered big time , like massively come big end of season games , the sharks 18 final, the 18 gf, the 19 gf, and a lot of others. however the only thing I'm a bit off about is winning gfs isn't the be all end all....imo jwh, aubs, morley, friend, Freddie, mini, boyd, defined the club...the fight, grit to be here season after season , win , lose or draw. I personally feel Cooper was the polish, not the diamond . but I really have no issue with it, as long as those above are made lifers too.

Comment

There's one name not there which I'm very surprised by its absence. Surely it should be given to him post-humously

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

There's one name not there which I'm very surprised by its absence. Surely it should be given to him post-humously
                              Maybe he's already got the comp's best player award named after him?

Anyone know if Fitzy is a life member? 10 years at the club as a player, 7 years as a coach. Lots of success.

Comment

Maybe he's already got the comp's best player award named after him?

Anyone know if Fitzy is a life member? 10 years at the club as a player, 7 years as a coach. Lots of success.
                                No, I'm talking about Artie

Comment

Working...
                                X