Billy Smith injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Smith injury

I was really looking forward to seeing him in action this year but alas not to be. I'd like to send good wishes and a full recovery to him and hopefully see him next season. Does anyone have any info on how he is progressing?

Slowly as you would expect.
    Although you can go home on the same day as surgery, recovering from anterior cruciate ligament, ACL surgery, is not a quick process. From the time you first undergo surgery through full rehabilitation, the process can take up to six months or more. You need to take it easy and follow a rehabilitation program to strengthen the muscles around the knee and to regain range of motion.

Comment

What are the chances that he will be back in the final rounds considering that 6 months takes him to early August?
      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

2 to 6+ months worth of recovery is the biggie.

Depending on the grading, he's either gonna be ready to go pretty early on or eeerm... potentially back by June. TBH until we've head more, I wouldn't rule him out of playing in 2020.

Comment

He would still be in no weight bearing stage
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            2 to 6+ months worth of recovery is the biggie.

Depending on the grading, he's either gonna be ready to go pretty early on or eeerm... potentially back by June. TBH until we've head more, I wouldn't rule him out of playing in 2020.
            Yes you can. He isn't coming back this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Yes you can. He isn't coming back this season.
              Wikipedia...

The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons defines ACL injury in terms of severity and classifies them as Grade 1, 2, or 3 sprains. Grade 1 sprains occur when the ligament is stretched slightly but the stability of the knee joint is not affected. Grade 2 sprains occur when the ligament is stretched to the point that it becomes loose; this is also referred to as a partial tear. Grade 3 sprains occur when the ligament is completely torn into two pieces, and the knee joint is no longer stable.

---

Yes grade 3 is the most common. However, grade 1 or 2 would mean 'put him in a moon boot for a couple of months'. Grade 3 would mean 'there's probably meniscus damage and stuff as well... rule him out for the season'.

Until I have confirmation from the club that it's a grade 3, I do not know for sure that it's a season ending injury. Apparently you've got some inside knowledge?

Comment

He finished the training session even after injuring his knee which might mean only a partial rupture.

If we can send enough thoughts and prayers, he will come good
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                  He finished the training session even after injuring his knee which might mean only a partial rupture.

If we can send enough thoughts and prayers, he will come good
                  Well said Skeez

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Wikipedia...

The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons defines ACL injury in terms of severity and classifies them as Grade 1, 2, or 3 sprains. Grade 1 sprains occur when the ligament is stretched slightly but the stability of the knee joint is not affected. Grade 2 sprains occur when the ligament is stretched to the point that it becomes loose; this is also referred to as a partial tear. Grade 3 sprains occur when the ligament is completely torn into two pieces, and the knee joint is no longer stable.

---

Yes grade 3 is the most common. However, grade 1 or 2 would mean 'put him in a moon boot for a couple of months'. Grade 3 would mean 'there's probably meniscus damage and stuff as well... rule him out for the season'.

Until I have confirmation from the club that it's a grade 3, I do not know for sure that it's a season ending injury. Apparently you've got some inside knowledge?
                    Maaaaaaate next time your with Nick & Trent at the Tattersills having a dunneman & cognac ask them about Billy’s injury & report back to us please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Maaaaaaate next time your with Nick & Trent at the Tattersills having a dunneman & cognac ask them about Billy’s injury & report back to us please.
                      I am more interested in how the night at the Chinese Embassy in Canberra went after indulging in Grange and a swathe of Sticky’s stash.
                      ism22

Comment

Assuming he does all the right things post-op, is this going to affect his short-term or long-term performance. How have ACL damaged players in the past performed once back on deck? BTW thanks to all for the very informative details.

Comment

"If we can send enough thoughts and prayers, he will come good"

I'm pretty sure that Scomo has been praying all day every day that no one would work out he's a useless marketing wanker, so the fact that everyone now knows otherwise is proof that stuff doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
                            "If we can send enough thoughts and prayers, he will come good"

I'm pretty sure that Scomo has been praying all day every day that no one would work out he's a useless marketing wanker, so the fact that everyone now knows otherwise is proof that stuff doesn't work.
                            Probably bad timing to be shitcanning Christians faith, or any religion for that matter.

That extraordinary family who suffered unthinkable tragedy losing four children are praying and asking others to pray for them.

You don't have to believe in prayer, but better to say nothing.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X