No announcement yet.

Addo-Carr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Fox a lot but you have to ask if we wouldn't pay for Fergo then why would we pay for the Fox. Such a genuine speedster though, very likable player.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
      We refused to spend 500k Fergo who we turned into the 2nd best winger in the league behind Toops so I can’t see the Chooks paying Fox his asking price of 500k

he should take unders to play under Robbo and secure himself a few extra premierships
      Yep what you said.

Comment

It’s been said he learnt while in rep camp (Aus maybe) that the other winger (Fergo?) was getting $550k per year.

Have heard this story before of players going away for a rep game and learning what each other earn. Then going back to the club and asking for more.

I remember watching this video and feeling he looks like he’s got the shits that Papenhuyzen has a bigger deal than him.
        Kangaroos and Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr responds to talk Melbourne captain Cameron Smith will play on in 2020 and rumours fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen has re-signed with the club
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
          Robbo likes the wingers to be metre eaters - big and strong. JAC is not that style so can't see it happening myself.

Agree JAC is a finisher that’s it a poacher not a workhorse 15+ hit up winger like Toops Fergo and to a lesser extent BMoz, def will not happen. I hope it doesn’t anyway he won’t add anything we don’t have already.

Comment

I just can't see this happening. He doesn't fit the mould of a Roosters winger and can't play in any other position. I say this is a smoke screen, the club is sending the press scampering in one direction whilst the real magic is happening elsewhere.....bring on Xerri or JMoz

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
              I just can't see this happening. He doesn't fit the mould of a Roosters winger and can't play in any other position. I say this is a smoke screen, the club is sending the press scampering in one direction whilst the real magic is happening elsewhere.....bring on Xerri or JMoz
              The club hasn’t sent any message to the press re Fox.

Comment

I doubt this will happen, who we have at the moment is fine
                EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

No thanks, not required
                  Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Too SHORT!!! with the new no contact on high balls crack down rule change! i would be more leaning towards 6,3 billy smith at centre an 6,3 christian Tuipulotu at wing keeping the salary cap competitive an always active for that SBW TEDDY type players

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
                      From a reliable source within the club management,,

both parties very interested still early talks anything can come from it.
                      No thanks, more important areas to spend $ on. Plus I think his attitude doesn't fit our culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                        I like him as a player but I just cant see us spending that sort of coin on a winger...
                        I would argue that Ferguson was in our top 3 players in 2018 and Tupou was in our top 3 players in 2019.

The best wingers in the game these days make as many yards the best prop forwards, are the top try scorers in their sides and play a vital position in defence.

The old sentiments of wingers just doesn't hold true anymore. The best should be paid what they are worth and for a lot of them that means big dollars. The position has evolved as have the cheques.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                          We refused to spend 500k Fergo who we turned into the 2nd best winger in the league behind Toops so I can’t see the Chooks paying Fox his asking price of 500k

he should take unders to play under Robbo and secure himself a few extra premierships
                          It was the length of deal we were willing to offer Fergo, not the $$ that ended up being the deciding factor. There were concerns about how his body would hold up later in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                            [FONT=arial]

I would argue that Ferguson was in our top 3 players in 2018 and Tupou was in our top 3 players in 2019.
                            Yeah but not top paid, which is the point. The club doesn't have a history of spending big money on Wingers, in fact the successful clubs rarely do.

Comment

good player, nice guy but I can't see any reason we need more wingers

Comment

In todays paper!!!

Josh Addo-Carr’s hopes of getting out of Melbourne this year are being hampered by the Storm’s reluctance release the star winger unless a rival club can offer up a similar quality player in return.

The Daily Telegraph understands the three clubs in the race for Addo-Carr are the Sydney Roosters, Canterbury and St George Illawarra.

The Roosters are considered the favourites to get the star Test winger if a deal can be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X