Addo-Carr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO no no no no.....
    Any takers on Adam Doughie from souffs...……………..?

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
      Im 50/50 on it because i like my wingers more robust but wouldn’t complain if he signed for the right price. Dont be surprised if our backline come 2021 is

Teddy
      Carr
      Xeri
      Manu
      Toops
      Yes please.

Comment

X[QUOTE=GrubBER;n815388]In todays paper!!!

Josh Addo-Carr’s hopes of getting out of Melbourne this year are being hampered by the Storm’s reluctance release the star winger unless a rival club can offer up a similar quality player in return.

The Daily Telegraph understands the three clubs in the race for Addo-Carr are the Sydney Roosters, Canterbury and St George Illawarra.

The Roosters are considered the favourites to get the star Test winger if a deal can be done.[/QUOTE

So unless we are getting rid of Tupou which is no chance then it’s all media BS that the Chooks are interested.

Comment

And I doubt the Chooks would sign someone that makes a political statement about singing the national anthem. They don’t need that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            And I doubt the Chooks would sign someone that makes a political statement about singing the national anthem. They don’t need that.
            Is that why they let latrell go?

i remembered the other day, when I was at the roosters club after the Melbourne prelim, a guy started chatting to us about how latrell probably won’t be at the club for his next contract, when I asked why, he said latrell wanted the club to contribute a big amount of money yearly towards an indigenous program, apparently the club said they won’t be supporting that as they already do something similar.

didnt think much of it then, but now after how all this has turned out, that guy might have known a lot more than I thought he did.

Comment

I wouldn't swap Toups for the Fox. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                Not in a million years!

Comment

Don't worry about JAC he will end up at Souffs

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                    NO no no no no.....
                    We don't need him but it's be hilarious if we signed him for like $200k a year and he kicked some serious butt.

He's a handy FB though. Good signing for the right team... maybe Dragons or something?

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                    Same. I reckon cool heads and loyalty will be our 2020 legacy. Robbo seems keen to improve on last year's performance + find ways to better everybody who commits to our club rather than looking outside for players to fill gaps.

I'd take him to replace Morris and Hall when he's off contract. Not to replace any current players though...
                    Last edited by ism22; 01-17-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
                      In todays paper!!!

Josh Addo-Carr’s hopes of getting out of Melbourne this year are being hampered by the Storm’s reluctance release the star winger unless a rival club can offer up a similar quality player in return.

The Daily Telegraph understands the three clubs in the race for Addo-Carr are the Sydney Roosters, Canterbury and St George Illawarra.

The Roosters are considered the favourites to get the star Test winger if a deal can be done.
                      Can't imagine we're ready to release anyone that they would want. Toops, Manu and Smith we won't let go. Would BMoz go because he's offered more money than what we're paying? Don't think they'd take a punt on Hall.

Comment

I think I would place Xerri or even AD before JAC. I think the latter is too one dimensional - speed, speed and more speed, only. I agree with an earlier point made that we tend to prefer big, strong and powerful wingers rather than pure speed machines. I would be very surprised if the media is on to something and we get him.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                          NO no no no no.....
                          In a heart beat. He is very good and versatile. Would
                          love to see him succeed wherever he goes just to piss off Souths.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokoras View Post
                            Don't worry about JAC he will end up at Souffs
                            Well they have the monopoly on indigenous culture apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

It was the length of deal we were willing to offer Fergo, not the $$ that ended up being the deciding factor. There were concerns about how his body would hold up later in his career.
                              Weren't we paying fergo the best part of 50 bucks plus a pub lunch in 2018?
                              #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

In a heart beat. He is very good and versatile. Would
                                love to see him succeed wherever he goes just to piss off Souths.
                                Likewise. Meanwhile, Latrell has 8 weeks to lose 10-15kg. He'll do it for sure with NRL grade training 24/7 (hate Wayne but the one thing he'll do is flog him at training).

Doueihi's a good player! I was legit scared of his development last season (and I hate to admit that about anybody from Souffs). I'm surprised you'd go after a centre to play fullback when you've already got Gagai, Roberts and Doueihi on your books (and you're releasing your best forward through a fake injury in order to sign the said centre). It's madness and I hope Souffs pay for their disloyalty.

Latrell's behind me now. I'm very excited that Smith's gonna get a run. The downside of 2019 was seeing guys like Verrills and Smith play so well without there being room for them in our starting squad. It's awesome being able to reward their development and well... to keep them too!

Comment

Working...
                                X